NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the serial number was scratched off of the leg, is that something that is possible to do? I don't know where the # is located, but I do know that each mold is unique to fit the bone structure of a certain person. (Requires a print, then it's scanned into a computer, the the leg is formed to fit.) This could be why it's taking so long to identify the leg, it could be some computer work. (Again, I used to watch a lot of tv :"How It's Made" on Science Channel.)
http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/artificial-limb

FWIU prosthetics are now made with titanium and the serial numbers could not be scratched off.

It would not surprise me if the wood chipper was used to try and cover up and destroy evidence, but it was NOT her. Not sure why this still keeps coming up over and over, when LE has already commented on this. Other than the gore factor?????

Hi Sarx, I think its because LE are sifting thru this mulch! It makes one wonder! what else would they put thru a woodchipper?

JMOO

I copied this from Nancy's site...
"Breaking news -- investigators discover a prosthetic leg discarded in an overgrown area off a back country road in the search for Zahra's body! This as K9's, police & search teams swarm Zahra's home, digging in her backyard! Have police found Zahra's body? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking news every night at 8 & 10 pm E.T. on HLN."

Haha....I beg to differ :dance:

Wanted to add....not knocking NG at ALL!! I just think we have had more breaking news here....and 'On-The-Scene' live reporting!!

Kat, I'm bumping this post for you...

while appreciate you bumping that... I am also aware that they searched the Hickory home with dogs... and seemed satisified to leave the home alone for weeks.. Yet,they are back again digging, raking and sifting through mulch piles.. I'm absolutely positive that they disasembled a woodchipper... although I can't find anything to back it...

I'm curious, what are they looking for in the mulch...??? :waitasec:

I cannot imagine how a body could be disposed of via a wood chipper in a backyard with houses all around. Nt to be too graphic but he mess of such a thing would be unbelievable. I just don't think tha was done in the backyard. Maybe the equipment site, but not the backyard. SO if LE is looking for small pieces of remains in he mulch out here, I think it would have to have been brought there and depositted.

I mean, can you just imagine, looking out your kitchen window into the backyard next door and seeing blood and tissue spraying out above the fenceline?!?

IT just doesn't seem plausible to me. I do think perhaps LE has been tipped that she was buried in the backyard and the area was covered up with mulch from AB's job.

Makes you wonder exactly what sort of "work" he was up to in the backyard when EB "informed" him Zahra was missing tho.

Wonder if only the bones were disposed in the chipper and soft tissue another way first. I agree that if you ran a body through a chipper, it would be a unbelieveably horrific scene plus you'd have scavengers there immediately attracted to the smell, there would be smell! Pickton had the "luxury" of living out in nowhere land with his hogs. Pickton def ranks up there with the sickest of the sick.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

So how did they rule it out? By testing (DNA etc)? How long would DNA tests take? More than 2 days? It seems like this was written 2 days after the search at AB job site.

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment

So was it a false hit?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hi Sarx, I think its because LE are sifting thru this mulch! It makes one wonder! what else would they put thru a woodchipper?

JMOO

Yes, but they have said that it was only on the engine area the dog hit, and the dog was not an HRD trained dog or it wouldn't be hitting on blood from a cut.

Oh, let's see, evidence, her clothing, their clothing, her diary, bedding, towels, all kinds of things.

I've seen what a chipper can do and I have seen the mess they make. It would be pretty clear. Not to mention now they are looking at a new pile in a different location than where it was originally, so they what, chopped up part of her out at the work yard and did the rest at the house or vice versa?

Sorry, I just think this is a dramatic distraction. Off my soapbox now and I apologize in advance if I got under anyone's skin, this wasn't a personal rant, just a general one directed to nobody in particular!

I cannot imagine how a body could be disposed of via a wood chipper in a backyard with houses all around. Nt to be too graphic but he mess of such a thing would be unbelievable. I just don't think tha was done in the backyard. Maybe the equipment site, but not the backyard. SO if LE is looking for small pieces of remains in he mulch out here, I think it would have to have been brought there and depositted.

I mean, can you just imagine, looking out your kitchen window into the backyard next door and seeing blood and tissue spraying out above the fenceline?!?

IT just doesn't seem plausible to me. I do think perhaps LE has been tipped that she was buried in the backyard and the area was covered up with mulch from AB's job.

Makes you wonder exactly what sort of "work" he was up to in the backyard when EB "informed" him Zahra was missing tho.

I am not a very religious person but I PRAY and PRAY that you are right!
I just can't imagine what else would be causing LE to search mulch for 'particulate' and keeping them SO tight lipped!
:sick:

Oh please don't ask me to find the link because I can't - but I read that a worker had cut himself and that was the explanation of the blood on the chipper. I can believe that. Putting wood into a chipper - you are bound to cut or scratch your self and bleed.

So how did they rule it out? By testing (DNA etc)? How long would DNA tests take? More than 2 days? It seems like this was written 2 days after the search at AB job site.

So was it a false hit?

The hits on the car were accurate IMO. The hit on the chipper was done by a police unit I believe, who was not trained in HRD but blood (for working on the scene criminal cases like chasing a bleeding suspect). This would make it all make sense. This is why the handler would say it could have been from someone cutting their hand. No good HRD dog should be doing that.

Wonder if only the bones were disposed in the chipper and soft tissue another way first. I agree that if you ran a body through a chipper, it would be a unbelieveably horrific scene plus you'd have scavengers there immediately attracted to the smell, there would be smell! Pickton had the "luxury" of living out in nowhere land with his hogs. Pickton def ranks up there with the sickest of the sick.

Was AB's place of employment out in the middle of nowhere? No one around!
If thats the case well they could have done it easy enuff! but i dont know where his work site was. anyone have any info on that? They may have taken her there!

I no that I read that they found drug paraphernalia in the home but IMO I highly doubt that it was weed...has anyone looked at how thin and frail EB looked and also has anyone noticed the state of AB's teeth. Clearly to me I would say that unless AB just forgot what to do with a toothbrush for years and EB was possibly "SICK" like she said was then the drug that I am going with is "METH". The following is a youtube video about it. I think that it pretty much speaks for itself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbJpWoHNCWU[/ame]
:Justice: for the :Crown: Zahra

In the car/truck IIRC

search warrant:
http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

my guess is they found a bong or marijuana bowl.

Gack~ I can not write out what I'm thinking. :puke:

And to top it all off, if she had gone through the wood chipper there would be a body(so to speak) and an arrest would have been made long ago.

So was it a false hit?

BBM yes, based on all indications from LE the initial hits were based on a hint of blood in the enginge compartment.

Picture someone maybe nicking a finger while changing a spark plug or some such thing.

That's a lot of work. I agree a horrific mess too.

Think:
disarticulation (doing that to a human body can be difficult)
Defleshing (LOT of work and it stinks to high heavens too)

That takes time most of all. JMHO

I have had occasion to travel long distances on short notice. Just for the heck of it, I looked up getting from Charlotte, NC to Sydney (as that is a major international airport).

United can book a flight that leaves CLT (Charlotte) at 6:10 PM to SFO (San Francisco) and then to SYD (Sydney), arriving at 8:10 AM. Total flight time is 22:00 hours.

United can also book a flight that leaves SYD at 3:25 PM to ORD (Chicago) and then to CLT. Total flight time is 24:22.

With a total of 7 hours and 15 minutes in Sydney between the flights one could clear customs and meet Australian LE in the airport, exchange papers with all kinds of witnesses and signatures, and head back with papers in the hands of a live human being - who could testify to having them in his/her possession the whole time.

If the prosthesis was found on Tuesday with enough time to get someone to the airport, they would arrive back at Charlotte airport just before midnight tonight local time - total time for the trip 2 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes.

Not saying that's what they are doing, but just that it would be possible.

Why cant they use a FAX ??????

It would not surprise me if the wood chipper was used to try and cover up and destroy evidence, but it was NOT her. Not sure why this still keeps coming up over and over, when LE has already commented on this. Other than the gore factor?????

Probably keeps coming up for one reason because lots of folks don't have time to read all the posts, and they just jump in without being really up to date on the latest info. It is hard to keep up with a case like this although it frustrates me when people ask the same questions that have already been answered a thousand times. lol Sorry, I can always see both sides, it's a curse.

Just wanted to say Hi as i have been following this thread for zahra from the beginning,finally plucked up the courage to join, i live in the uk and would like to thank the local people for their pics and live updates and what a strong community ws is,my thoughts and prayers at this time are for Zahra and for the LE and all the people working so hard to bring peace to a little lost soul

Babyboo x

Welcome babybooo.

The handsome fuzzy in my av is my late beloved babyboo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper