NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She looks unwell overall, even her usually bright smile and sparkly eyes seem kind of dim in this photo. She actually looks a little jaundiced. I wonder if she became very sick and they didn't get treatment for her. OMG, that poor baby. Whatever it was, it was horrible. :(

I have wondered that as well...if she could have maybe come out of remission over the summer and it ticked SM off that once again, ALL the focus and attention would be on Zahra instead of HER, by going back into treatment.....so...instead, she kept her hidden away as much as possible to keep the illness hidden....and let her DIE...????

Of course, given the latest developments (woodchipper), I wonder if they will ever actually KNOW how she died :-(

JUST MOO of course.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25378443/index.html

from this video:
~bond reduction hearing could be as soon as next monday
~LE is following up on 12 leads that came in (not searching actively anywhere)
~Adam is "working with law enforcement" when asked if he was cooperating
~Son of Elisa has no comment and wants people to respect his privacy

I'm curious.

I watched the video last night of LE at the massive mulch pile. They were turning and moving earth with a backhoe and a scoop attached to a dump truck. Now if they believed a wood chipper was involved to the extent we believe is possible, then shouldn't they have been out there on their hands and knees, excavating it like an archeological dig?

If a chipper was used, it sure seems they'd potentially lose a lot of valuable evidence, throwing mulch, dirt, stumps and limbs around with heavy equipment. Right or wrong?

This case and this child I almost have no words for, so I am going to try and restrain.

IMO, from a SAR perspective yes I would think they should have been out on their hands and knees- but we're talking a lot of ground to cover and multiple search sites. They may also have enough physical evidence to not worry about the details.

AliceInPain, I completely agree. Many who have battled cancer continue to struggle with the ill effects of treatment. She looks to me like someone who might be taking prednisone (Ok, she looks like I look when I take prednisone:), which is a common steroid used for everything from poison ivy to upper respiratory infections.

I think we should be careful when extrapolating from photos.

The race is on to find some evidence so she can be held on murder charges.
My fear is that if she posts bond on the obstruction/check kiting charges, she'll take off. I hope she would have to surrender her passport if she makes bail.

One of the articles stated there are possible bad check charges pending against AB, but the authorities are holding off on filing those right now. The police do not think he is being very cooperative with them.

Who's going to bail her out, though? Hopefully, there is no one to enable her anymore . . . God has Zahra in his arms!

odd thing happened when I did this.........all pix came up but the one with mom's arms went totally black except for the writing uder it!

That is one scary looking woman! She also doesn't look 42 years old...more like 52.

After reading the article from the picture referenced on the twitter page it says the neighbor took the picture Aug. 9th. So they must have moved after the 9th of Aug.

So, thinking a little more about the above, what if Zahra became deathly ill the last month or so of her life. Parents didn't seek treatment. They heard her COUGH the night before she "disappeared." Could that have been a death rattle cough as she lay dying from medical neglect?

Did they want to let her die (even hasten her death) without ever reporting it so they could continue to collect any benefits she might be receiving? Or was that not a factor and they just realized they would be in trouble if someone found out she died that way?

Did hubby know she'd died? Did wife try to dispose of her while hubby worked the next day, but the wood chipper at home didn't work well enough? Did she have to confess to him then that Zahra had died and he'd better help her think of some cover-up or he would go down, too?

Had wife put remains in her car, trying to decide what to do, and they then decided to put them in hubby's vehicle and drive to the industrial chipper to finish the job? Did they then concoct that ridiculous story of her disappearance, fire, ransom note?

Is this a record for use of the question mark? If not, I can fix that! :crazy:

Good thoughts.

WARNING this is all GRAPHIC: What if her body was put into the car, and then the woodchipper was towed with the truck to a *different* area than the mulch pile? If the woodchipper had been subsequently used at the mulch pile, there'd be "hits" for human remains - yet the major quantity may be elsewhere. After disposing of a body in that manner, anyone who got into their truck would have fluids on them.

In the Helle Crafts case: "many pieces of metal, less than 3 ounces (85 g) of human remains, including a tooth with unique dental work, a toe nail covered in pink nail polish, bone chips, and 2,660 bleached, blonde human hairs, fingernails and O type blood; the same type as Helle Crafts'."

The woodchipper obviously has been tested for at least Zahra's blood type (with DNA soon to come), and there's been something positive.
BD and SM may have thought that the chipper would be "cleaned" by putting something else through it.

If the search truly IS over at the mulch site, that's not where the disposal was done. It took weeks to gather up the few ounces of Helle Crafts' remains.

I wonder if Witchy Goth Woman was trying to "treat" Zahra, and it didn't work. I'm getting a not-so-bright vibe from both of them.

I may have surpassed your ? usage a few times ;)

AliceInPain, I completely agree. Many who have battled cancer continue to struggle with the ill effects of treatment. She looks to me like someone who might be taking prednisone (Ok, she looks like I look when I take prednisone:), which is a common steroid used for everything from poison ivy to upper respiratory infections.

Thank you. My daughter is a kidney transplant patient (12 hours out - hooray!), and the effects of prednisone and other drugs haven't been kind. She went from a size 2 model-type, to a size 16. But she's GORGEOUS and only those unaware of what can cause weight gain, would comment on someone else's looks.

In every image I see of Zahra, I see a beautiful girl.

The defense attorney is doing is job by trying to get the bond reduced.
Even though it annoys everyone it goes to show she had adequate and competent representation from the get go, it is a good thing.

And while it will not be reduced, even if it was I promise you they have additional charges ready to be signed at a moments notice if they need to. She will just be rearrested and hauled right back in.

I remember reading in one of the articles they found THREE passports in her car. Am I recalling that correctly?

Who keeps their passport in their car?? I think if she gets out, she's going to take off.

odd thing happened when I did this.........all pix came up but the one with mom's arms went totally black except for the writing uder it!

Same here. Either the images have been pulled, or the site's not working.

I remember reading in one of the articles they found THREE passports in her car. Am I recalling that correctly?

Who keeps their passport in their car?? I think if she gets out, she's going to take off.

IMO, She's not smart enough to get far, let alone out of the country, if she gets out. I think suicide would be the greatest risk.

I can't enlarge........can you?
What is the tattoo???

After enlarging, straining my eyeballs & even getting out my magnifying glass, I THINK it says

"Rode hard & put away wet"

I could be wrong....you decide.

:waitasec:

I agree. Still, I can't help wishing a professional could have examined the photo's and child to determine if her appearance was due to abuse or medical reasons. Respectfully, while we are sitting here discussing our own caution as posters, if those who knew this child IRL had taken the same caution with regards to this childs appearance we may not have ever heard this childs name or at least not heard of her in relation to a true crime forum. It would have been so much nicer to learn of Zahra Claire in our 'news that makes you smile' forum reading of some incredible things she likely would have accomplished had she lived.

heavy sigh... :(

After enlarging, straining my eyeballs & even getting out my magnifying glass, I THINK it says

"Rode hard & put away wet"

I could be wrong....you decide.

:waitasec:

Are you KIDDING ME?!! Classy. And this is from someone who has tattoos!! lol

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/13/north.carolina.missing.girl/?hpt=T2

Brittany Bentley, who is married to Elisa Baker's nephew, told HLN that the girl "wasn't in very good living conditions, not at all for a 10-year-old."

"I remember Elisa coming out of the bedroom one day, saying her hands hurt from spanking Zahra so much," she said. "I know she spanked way too hard, what I consider beating." She said the girl was locked in her room and "I know about letting her out five minutes, just to eat and that was it."

We've just got to change our culture of "call the authorities and just sit back hope they handle it". If you really have first-hand knowledge that something like this is happening, and you've called authorities two or more times, and nothing is changing, DO SOMETHING for God's sake! Call local TV news offices. Post the information you have all over the internet, so that local police and child welfare officials will be barraged with calls and e-mails from people wanting to know what they're doing about it. Stand in front of the home with a picket sign. Who cares if the perp tries to sue you for libel? If you know a child is being tortured, stopping it is more important than any consequences you might endure, and frankly if you really *know* something patently criminal is being done to the child, there's virtually no chance of any attempts at legal retaliation actually sticking, once it's investigated and your allegations are determined to be true.

She isn't going to get out, she doesn't have a passport or any money, and she would be being watched. Scott Peterson thought he was going to take off, so did OJ.

The time to take off is before you have reported the child missing.
Had they just "moved" again and disappeared they would have had a good headstart. Once the FBI and all of local LE is curious what you are up to and who you are talking to it is pretty hard to escape penniless into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh