ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links and info guys! I want it all, LOL!

Prayer's for Dru. We will not forget about you.

to scandi, first answer, a runtime error is basically a bug in a software program, don't be alarmed, a bug is not a virus, runtime error is kinda like a program that runs out of memory and or a conflict with another program which makes another stop running or starting up.. windows xp is one of those that experience this with certain programs. back to www.webroot.com for the program called spysweeper, when the page loads, look across the top of the page, " downloads" click on that and the page will have two columns, buy it or try it , look in try it column and click on spysweeper v2.2 and click to download. you don't have to buy this after the trail period it will keep working just fine. after a time it will pop up to remind you to upgrade, which is purchase just click no and it will continue to work. easy to set up.

I wonder if they entertained the idea that if he worked at the construction site they suspect , that he would know of places at that site that was making preparations to pour concrete? maybe he buried her somewhere near that location? and not at the site he actually worked at.

startribune.com

Dru Sjodin search continues near Crookston

Associated Press
Published 02/24/2004

CROOKSTON, Minn. -- Searchers looking for University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin say a bloodhound remains interested in a stretch of the Red Lake River near here.

``We're basically working that same area along the river, and near a building,'' search coordinator Bob Heales said.

Denny Adams of Conde, S.D., and his bloodhound, Calamity Jane, have been working with the searchers.

``At some point, Calamity really reacted and was very focused and showed a lot of interest in that same general area,'' Heales said.

``It's just another piece of the puzzle,'' he said. ``Hopefully, it's a big enough piece that it will make sense when we figure it out. But there's definitely some reason she's so interested in that area.''

The bloodhound seemed interested in that same area two weeks ago, near a bridge where authorities found one of Sjodin's shoes just days after she disappeared three months ago.

A Crookston man, Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., is charged with kidnapping Sjodin, 22, of Pequot Lakes, Minn., who disappeared from a Grand Forks mall Nov. 22. Rodriguez has denied any involvement.

© Copyright 2004 Star Tribune. All rights reserved.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A Minnesota crime agent said Friday that authorities' suspicions about Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., "grew at every turn" as they investigated the disappearance of University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin.

"It was through inconsistencies and outright holes that we were able to put into his initial statement, from evidence that we gathered," Agent Daniel Alquist said at a court hearing to determine whether Rodriguez should stand trial for kidnapping Sjodin.

*snip* for rest of story...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040305/ap_on_re_us/missing_student_3

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - A convicted rapist was ordered Friday to stand trial on charges he kidnapped a University of North Dakota student who was last seen at a shopping mall in November.

A magistrate judge ruled that prosecutors presented enough evidence to try Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. At a separate hearing moments later, Rodriguez pleaded not guilty to the charge. A trial date was not immediately set.

*snip* for rest of article...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040306/ap_on_re_us/missing_student_8

Every time I see Dru's photo I just feel sick.....her killer should be put to death.
I heard today that they will ask for a stipulation inMinnesota and No Dak law for the death penalty for this dirty rat!

starpatch said:
Every time I see Dru's photo I just feel sick.....her killer should be put to death.
I heard today that they will ask for a stipulation inMinnesota and No Dak law for the death penalty for this dirty rat!

kill his sorry *advertiser censored* along with Joe Smith etc. ooops didn't mean to sugar coat it there. ;)

There seems to be no movement in locating Dru. Has anyone heard new information?

Chris Lang brought his girlfriend, Dru Sjodin, to the state Capitol on Monday.

Not the person, but the image and essence of the missing 22-year-old University of North Dakota student.

"Dru Sjodin is the woman I love. She can make me laugh with the drop of a hat. She's full of life. This room would get brighter if she'd walk in here right now," said Lang. Although Sjodin has been missing for almost five months, Lang spoke of her in the present tense.

Lang and two of Sjodin's cousins went to the Capitol to testify in support of a bill that would require a life sentence without the possibility of release for some first-time sex offenders.

*snip* for rest of article click link...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/8137903.htm

Minnesota hasn't had a death penalty since 1903, when a hanging went bad. The MN mood isn't to pass it now, despite the Dru Sjodin case.

Is there any action in the search for Dru? Minnesota is thawing out, although wet/damp. The first tow/barge is on the way to the TC, meaning the Mississippi is no longer frozen. Are there plans to search the Red Lake River again? I have not heard/read about another organized search.

Here's a good link about where the focus seems to be:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/special_packages/dru_sjodin/8120281.htm

after reading the most updated article concerning this woman I tend to think that she may have been placed in the river at that location in which her shoe was found, I wonder how deep at that location the water would be? wonder if it was shallow enough to wade out into it for a bit to allow a body to become pulled away by the current more easily than it would along the shoreline? I'am sure that the grounds around the site where he fished under the bridge was searched real good. and another thing is that earlier I have read that a search dog had acted curious about a certain location somewhere near some farm area that has been talked about here early on in the threads for dru on the websleuths forums? seems like that the dog had caught a airborn scent and wanted to take off in a perticular direction... maybe if he could have waded into the river that he either let her body loose to sink and float away later, or carried her out there a bit and weighted her body down with some rocks or something.. I don't know alot about that river other than what I have read that the depth of it seems to vary from place to place, but in several locations in and around crookston is about 5 feet or so, and the current is somewhat lazy through much of its downstream journey, maybe she could have drifted a distance that needs to be searched by water to have better access to locations that can't be accessed by land, lots of times when debris is carried by a current that it sometimes becomes deposited along the shoreline, especially in locations where the river would take a sharp bend. " in other words debris, rather a body or a log does not float the river as if it was guided or steered like a boat" river currents change direction and in locations where it may take long slow turns or sharp turns other currents called " eddies" are created and sometimes floating debris can be held in a single location for a period of time. of course in the events of heavy rainfall and heavy snow melt off the current can become much more powerful and the river elevation is up then debris will follow the downstream journey in a more persistant way of going along the route of the river if she was placed there in the river than her remains will most likely be found well downriver of the location where a shoe was found, somewhere along that river and even some of the remote tributaries of it would be likely places to look, by the length of time she has been gone she could have floated out of the area entirely. if he stuck her into a duffelbag or plastic sheeting then weighted it all down with large rocks then she could be still in the general vacinity of the area. of course I am sure water rescue and recovery personel have done a lot of water searches and hopefully they have looked the area over thourghly, a spring thaw is nice to see, but when a river is being searched it can dramatically slow the efforts down due to the increased run off into the river... god bless this family, I'am sure dru is at peace with her maker...

"the above is only my opinions and thoughts to share with the rest of you great minds that post here on websleuths"

I believe the area to which you're referring was part of a dive team search. They also drilled holes in the ice. Although everyone would like to see Dru's safe return, it's been nearly 4 months. If Dru was killed by A, it is a good bet that he placed her in the river. The river is isolated in several areas. I would guess search teams would, by now, need to walk the entire length of the river.

The father of Dru Sjodin took the search for his daughter to a new plane Tuesday, spending the day inspecting the Red Lake River from the water instead of from the banks above.

Allan Sjodin viewed the river in a boat piloted by Rusty Miller, a Crookston Police officer and part-time fishing guide. Accompanied by dog handler Denny Adams and two search dogs, they cruised the river from Crookston half way to Fisher, Minn., and back again, Sjodin said.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/8372289.htm

I have not been following this too closely. What could have prompted this big search? I think about the family often and wish them all peace and that sometime there may be some answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic