ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading back, I can only find articles that the cops made statements they didn't suspect foul play BEFORE the body was found. They only made these statements during the time he was missing. They never said that AFTER the body was found. If someone can find statements that contradict this, please post it and correct me.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26613022/bearson-family-release-statement-on-the-death-of-their-son

They say it's too early to indicate foul play.

Hi there. My name is Scott. I'm new here. Grew up in Moorhead and quite interested in this case. Saddened that my hometown seems to be influenced by gang presence these days, but of course, we don't yet know if that has anything to do with this case.

One question that has been rolling around in my head is that, although it seems fairly clear that these boys had probably been drinking, I wonder how much was had? Sounds like they were up all night, maybe on a bender... Did JW simply not have his phone or had dead battery, or was TB so intoxicated that he was having trouble using a keypad? TB was apparently not totally incapacitated, because he was awake for at least awhile longer, eventually leaving to possibly hang out with some "baseball players", but I wonder what kind of shape he was in... Had he sobered up during that time or continued to "party."?

EDIT: It has been assumed that the tweet about getting lost and dying was a joke, but my guess was that it is a joke with some basis in reality... They could have been drunk enough to be lost in a town that they had only been in for about a month, and they could have at least felt like death if they had been drinking for a while.

I also wonder how much they had to drink overall, or if any drugs were involved too. Exactly, good point about the phone and who knows what condition JW was in at any point of the evening or night. The reason I don't think TB was under the influence of anything at the point that tweet was sent, is because less than 3 hours earlier TB tweeted he was "bored on a Friday night" and had sent a similar tweet another Fri. night. Also based on CM's tweets, JW and possibly more people left CN's house shortly before the "lost" tweet to either meet or pick up TB, so I tend to think that TB probably wasn't even under the influence of anything at the time of that last tweet.

Why would JW ask CM to pick him up because they were "lost" so quickly after they had just left CM's house? Based on CM's tweet, leaving without saying goodbye.

I also wonder how much they had to drink overall, or if any drugs were involved too. Exactly, good point about the phone and who knows what condition JW was in at any point of the evening or night. The reason I don't think TB was under the influence of anything at the point that tweet was sent, is because less than 3 hours earlier TB tweeted he was "bored on a Friday night" and had sent a similar tweet another Fri. night. Also based on CM's tweets, JW and possibly more people left CN's house shortly before the "lost" tweet to either meet or pick up TB, so I tend to think that TB probably wasn't even under the influence of anything at the time of that last tweet.

Why would JW ask CM to pick him up because they were "lost" so quickly after they had just left CM's house? Based on CM's tweet, leaving without saying goodbye.

That is what I don't understand either...JW being lost. He is not new to the area, second year (or so) at NDSU, so he has to be familiar with campus and the town by now I would say unless they were out in the country "gravel roads", outside of town and were lost.

Reading back, I can only find articles that the cops made statements they didn't suspect foul play BEFORE the body was found. They only made these statements during the time he was missing. They never said that AFTER the body was found. If someone can find statements that contradict this, please post it and correct me.

Thanks. Actually, the more I think about it, you're right and there isn't necessarily a contradiction I can provide, but there are some quotes from local "Valley News" that imply they at least didn't want to reveal the nature of the crime before autopsy results. It's interesting, however that LE explicitly claimed they were withholding nothing:

"Moorhead Police say they still don't have any suspects in the death of [TB]. They want to be clear in saying they have a lot of missing information and they do not have the answers to a lot of questions.

Lt. Tory Jacobson with the Moorhead Police Department says this is an emotional crime, and he realizes many people's first reaction could be anger. He says that he is sharing what he can, and he is not withholding any information.

Fargo Police tell Valley News Live they cannot comment on specifics of the case, but they feel there is no threat to the community at this time. Lt. Joel Vettel says there is no reason to believe people should be living in fear, and Fargo is still a safe place to live.

Vettel did say there is a concern after these events. He realizes the first reaction for people might be shock and alarm. Adding people should have a heightened awareness.

Both departments agree people should look out for their own safety.

THURSDAY 10 PM UPDATE

Homicide might have been something investigators were considering all along, and the autopsy results simply confirmed their suspicions.
The autopsy says that 18 year old [TB] died as a result of homicidal violence, meaning various types of wounds and a variety of injuries."

We do not know when Google took this photo.

The photo says 2011. However if you enlarge a little it appears to me to have a hearse type vehicle parked at the bottom right.

We do not know when Google took this photo.

True. There's a great video that Valley News Live took that shows the scene with the crime scene tape up. It gives a good view of the RV site. I'll try to find it and post it.

I was under the impression that JW and TB were roomies, both completely new to NDSU, from Sartell. Are you saying that TB was new to the area, but not JW?

I was under the impression that JW and TB were roomies, both completely new to NDSU, from Sartell. Are you saying that TB was new to the area, but not JW?

Both from Sartell. However this was TB's freshman year and lives on campus at Reed Hall. JW is a year or two older and lives off campus with CM.

According to Valley News, "The autopsy says that 18 year old [TB] died as a result of homicidal violence, meaning various types of wounds and a variety of injuries."

I wasn't aware that homicidal violence was a technical term in legal parlance, but that's what Valley News suggests here.

Taking this defintion into consideration along with everything else: no talk of weapon, initial confusion or at least lack of simple explanation from LE, missing shoe, closed casket, rumor of gang initiation gone bad, rumor of dragging, rumor of gravel -- it sure seems to point to the body being dragged or, at the very least, being highly battered, doesn't it?

Did you attend the funeral Boowhoz?

To be fair, I did not attend the funeral. But, a friend of a friend of a friend knew someone who attended. Take this for what it's worth, the young man is rumored to have fought for his life. I have no clue of the accuracy of that tid bit of 411.

Which "tweets" indicate TB himself arrived at CM's afterward? I have not seen the tweets or know how to access them in so much that I do not know fully who CM and JW are. Understanding of course we cannot use full names here.

JMO

A couple days after the incident, CM tweeted, "For everyone's information, Tom was at our house after the tweet they put on the news was posted. Still a serious situation though."

After being asked by somebody if TB left CM's house with anyone, CM replied, "not that I know of. He did mention maybe going somewhere with some baseball players but I'm not sure."

Hmm, come to think of it, since CM is roommates with JW, it's pretty clear that CM would have in all likelihood known if TB left with JW. Most probably, TB left alone or got picked up.

According to Valley News, "The autopsy says that 18 year old [TB] died as a result of homicidal violence, meaning various types of wounds and a variety of injuries."

I wasn't aware that homicidal violence was a technical term in legal parlance, but that's what Valley News suggests here.

Taking this defintion into consideration along with everything else: no talk of weapon, initial confusion or at least lack of simple explanation from LE, missing shoe, closed casket, rumor of gang initiation gone bad, rumor of dragging, rumor of gravel -- it sure seems to point to the body being dragged or, at the very least, being highly battered, doesn't it?

That is a new term to me also. Never seen it on a death certificate. At a time when the public is becoming more untrusting of the police and LE because of "catch phrases" like these. Exactly who is it that decides whether there is or is not a threat to the community? Is it the Chief of Police or the Mayor? I believe if you tell what you have found, then I can decide that. And ultimately I can decide also whether you are doing your due diligence, when it comes election time. It was not that many years ago that MSM would not let those "catch phrases" be used without explanation. To me MSM should be demanding copies of search warrants and proof that there even is an investigation that has yielded anything. Tommy deserves at least that and so does his family and friends.

JMO

There is no physical proof that TB and JW returned to CM after sending out that tweet about being "lost". Alls we have to go on is a tweet many hours later saying that they "did". fwiw, jmo.

There is no physical proof that TB and JW returned to CM after sending out that tweet about being "lost". Alls we have to go on is a tweet many hours later saying that they "did". fwiw, jmo.

You're right about no physical evidence. But my buddy in Fargo listens to AM radio constantly, and he told me that initially, local radio reported that police dogs followed a scent from the residential area in Fargo where CM lives. My friend says he is pretty sure the news reported that the dogs followed a scent leading west until losing the trail somewhere near train tracks. (This is somewhat odd because Moorhead is to the east, not west, but perhaps this is where he got picked up.

It has also been reported that an area near the Red River was searched before finding the body at the RV shop, fwiw

So apparently these kids are claiming certain things happened at certain times and using "tweet alibis". Others were using Tommy's phone which is now missing, to claim "lost". Other than their claims I don't see what proof there is about his leaving at 3:00 AM. CM seems to be very casual about what he knows. It's no wonder he needed to "get away" and sure he is one that parents paid to "lawyer up".

JMO

Thanks, I forget that not everyone is Google savvy.

The photo says 2011. However if you enlarge a little it appears to me to have a hearse type vehicle parked at the bottom right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom