ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if these kids weren't directly involved with the murder, someone was killed after leaving their house and it remains unknown why/where/how.
Yet there is no indication of fear, sorrow, regret, extra precaution, etc. It's as if nothing happened... the party goes on.
Either they know something (and therefore they know they are not in danger) or they have ZERO empathy for a friend/fellow Bison.
My opinion only.

And I can't help but ask...
Where are these kids' parents? A quick browse thru social media (which is public info) paints a colorful and disturbing picture of whats really going on with some of these kids while away at school - and it's not studying. In many cases, they are there on their parents dime, and endless sacrifices to make sure their future is bright.
If these were my kids, they wouldn't be receiving my support much longer. They'd have to get a part-time job to pay the bills and hopefully that would keep them out of trouble as well.
It may be a case of Tommy getting into the wrong group of kids, and sadly he definately didn't deserve any of it. He was way too loved.
My opinion only.

I believe I'm feeling some of the same disgust and anger you are. I don't have the patience to send my child off to college, set aside anything I would want by way of dental work, different car, any hope of new clothes or a trip so that he can go to school only to have him piss away that opportunity acting the fool.

I do not understand why we accept this as, "Part of deal" or, "It's always been that way". Maybe I'm a tad crabby today but I'm sick of the whole thing. A kid they all claim to be friends with WAS MURDERED and they are all going on with business as usual.

On a near daily basis my teenagers are upset with me and I explain to them that my role here is as a GUIDE and mentor for them to be prepared to enter life. In America, a college education is a gift. An absolute GIFT and if they are not ready to receive that gift, well then they need to step on out and wait until they are mature enough to accept that gift.

In defense of the parents, my oldest son went off to a community college after graduation and Holy Mother of Pearl I felt like meeting with the mayor of that town to personally apologize for the drunken whirlwind I had sent over there to go to school! That first child is an experiment I can witness to that. Anyone that truly thinks they can control the behavior of those kids once they are off on their own? Good luck. I made that mistake and failed miserably. Peer pressure is called that for a reason.

I REALLY like your idea of hauling them in when they are drunk. That's a good idea. I'm sure their lawyer would have something to say about it.

Also, I read through their tweets and I'm just astonished? Is that what I'm looking for? You know long ago I was told, "Not everything that goes through your mind needs to come out of your mouth". It was excellent advice. The garbage they post is beyond the pale. Just beyond the pale.

Yes, IBsluething, I share in your anger and disgust. I think anyone who sees the way they are carrying on, after their friend was MURDERED "leaving their house" (starting to doubt any truth in this story) would be as well.
I know that Jake deleted his account, but if it were still out there, for the whole entire world to see, what would he be saying right now....? For his sake, for his parents sake, I hope he has moved out of that ***** hole.

This is merely a generalized observation of life and only my opinion.

I posted this earlier then deleted it. Upon reflection I am going to post it again for the sake of discussion.

If you happened to be at a location with a very small circle of friends and someone in that group mysteriously went missing and you were among the last few to see that person and then that person was found BRUTALLY MURDERED would you feel safe at that location? (Seriously think about it, you declare to the world you DO NOT KNOW how that person went missing and turns up dead).

The natural, logical thing to do would be to avoid that location. For example, West Acres experienced a mugging a short while ago. Even though the person who was responsible was caught, I know people that have avoided West Acres for a while just because this event scared them.

I wrote earlier that animals do the same thing. Deer will avoid an area you have shot another deer in. It's instinctive. It is for this very reason that people often avoid the dark, solitary alleys, the woods at night, ect... it is the fear of the unknown that naturally prohibits us from wandering into these areas. It's self preservation.

So if your 'friend' went missing and showed up dead of homicidal violence, HOW would you know that the area he was last seen in was a safe place to be? How would you KNOW that there wasn't some kind of serial killer living three houses down? How would you know that there wasn't a legitimate gang living down the block just waiting for it's next victim? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW there wasn't a gang trying to establish itself through initiations in that section of town and you might be next????

How would you know that whatever happened to your friend to murder him or her wasn't going to happen to you. HOW.

How indeed.

Unless of course...you knew.

Business as usual speaks louder than words.

I'm going to name my next dog, "How".

Something smells fishy in Denmark and I can only hope that someone in LE is thinking along the sames lines.

Case in point: Alfonso Rodriquez Jr. fell asleep in the chair while police were searching the home he was at for evidence to find Dru Sjodin. He wasn't shook up because he knew where she was.

The more I think about all this, the more upset it makes me.

HOW would you know it was safe? (I'm not asking literally here). In my opinion the answer is in that behavior.

Very true, IBsleuthin. For all anyone knows, Tommy was being watched while he was at that home, and he was picked up just steps away from that home, to be brutally murdered. For all anyone knows, that murderer is still watching the home, waiting for their next victim... for all anyone knows... stepping out of that house into the dark, could be a fatal mistake.
Unless someone DOES know, therefore, nothing to worry about and party as usual...
Just my opinion.

How would someone know on the 21st of September that they were one of the last three people to see Tommy? When his body was not found until the 23rd. Unless someone knew that nobody else saw him after?

Just Wondering

Leave it to me to be the one to disagree (somewhat). No matter where I live, I have no way of knowing who lives in every home around me and what they may someday be capable of. If I've been living somewhere without any problems for quite some time (I have no idea how long any of them has lived in the area), I don't think I'd move, lock myself indoors, hire a security team, etc. just because someone I knew MAY have been murdered in that area after leaving my home. If, on the other hand, I knew he had been murdered at my home, I would definitely have to move. I'm not sure I'd even be able to stay there long enough to pack my things, but I'm kind of weird that way.

How would someone know on the 21st of September that they were one of the last three people to see Tommy? When his body was not found until the 23rd. Unless someone knew that nobody else saw him after?

Just Wondering
Excellent point, my dear jggordo sleuth! Excellent.
Very true, IBsleuthin. For all anyone knows, Tommy was being watched while he was at that home, and he was picked up just steps away from that home, to be brutally murdered. For all anyone knows, that murderer is still watching the home, waiting for their next victim... for all anyone knows... stepping out of that house into the dark, could be a fatal mistake.
Unless someone DOES know, therefore, nothing to worry about and party as usual...
Just my opinion.

It looks like there was quite a party last night at the trap... if I were LE, I would park myself outside that house on a Saturday night and bring them in 1 by 1 for underage drinking and a little questioning... guards may be down a bit and inconsistencies in their story might become evident.

On a related note, I am starting to wonder if Tommy ever did make it back to the trap that night. And if he did, what happened to him there? It is interesting that nothing was heard from him after that omnious tweet. Has anyone come forward saying they spoke/texted with Tommy later that night BESIDES the trap residents??? Their story is starting to stink.....
This entire statement is my opinion only.

I know several places in college that would buy kegs and charge $5 a cup to get in and be able to drink. You'd be elbow to elbow with others, the music blasted and usually some party lights to see your way around. Some groups may use this as some form of income. Could be some logical reasoning as to why they're throwing parties again. I donno.

When I was in college at the Main U, there were three murders by me.

One was a girl found on the highway by my apartment.

Another one was in the pizza place where a guy thought a strange woman was evil and shot her in the forehead.

Then a murderer came to use our phone. He had killed his friend but we did not know that until later.

I did move away because of them. The third one was too much.

But I never related it to myself. Just to invincible at that age.

So it may not phase them a bit. But he was not a atranger, That is the difference.

Aren't these kids underage?

It didn't stop me and hundreds of other people 1 bit. This is not a brag or anything but you better believe at least 10 years ago anyway there was 3-4 places regularly throwing keg parties on Thursdays and Fridays at the U and minors always outnumbered 21+.

If you ask me, I think something more sinister happened with Tom than drinking some beers at the trap.

It didn't stop me and hundreds of other people 1 bit. This is not a brag or anything but you better believe at least 10 years ago anyway there was 3-4 places regularly throwing keg parties on Thursdays and Fridays at the U and minors always outnumbered 21+.

If you ask me, I think something more sinister happened with Tom than drinking some beers at the trap.

I agree something worse happened. But why isn't the school and LE all over the underage.drinking? They sure have come down on it in my college town. Too many deaths and horrible injuries to ignore it anymore.

When I was in college at the Main U, there were three murders by me.

One was a girl found on the highway by my apartment.

Another one was in the pizza place where a guy thought a strange woman was evil and shot her in the forehead.

Then a murderer came to use our phone. He had killed his friend but we did not know that until later.

I did move away because of them. The third one was too much.

But I never related it to myself. Just to invincible at that age.

So it may not phase them a bit. But he was not a atranger, That is the difference.

There were likely even more suicides, most of which you would not have heard. While there are some odd details here, I wouldn't dismiss a suicide explanation, and at this point I'd need more info to be released before I could be more confident in guessing. But I am leaning towards suicide insofar as media has revealed that the family was missing a 22, and Tom's head wound was with a 22.

There were likely even more suicides, most of which you would not have heard. While there are some odd details here, I wouldn't dismiss a suicide explanation, and at this point I'd need more info to be released before I could be more confident in guessing. But I am leaning towards suicide insofar as media has revealed that the family was missing a 22, and Tom's head wound was with a 22.

I think you have this case mixed up with another case.

Are you mistakenly referencing the Andrew Sadek case?

It is amazing that these kids appear to be so upstanding. Involved in sports.

Look really clean cut. Little comments to grandmothers on FB.

I wonder what the more unsavory types are doing if these are the ones that would be labeled as upstanding!!!

In my humble opinion I prefer the people with the tattoos and the baggy pants and the intimidating look. At least they aren't trying to pretend to be a NICE person.

The scariest people in the world are the ones who try to make you think they are good and righteous and trustworthy.

Does anyone know if Tommy had pledged for the fraternity in Fargo? IIRC a fraternity referred to him as a bison "brother" but had he pledged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13