ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the DNA come back by now?

I can't imagine if there was an arrest on the horizon that it would be held back by waiting for toxicology reports.

Nope, my guess is DNA.

From what I'm finding on reliable websites, crime DNA can take as long as 14 days to come back, toxicology reports are longer.

Hmmm...

I don't know if this is good or bad.

From what I'm finding on reliable websites, crime DNA can take as long as 14 days to come back, toxicology reports are longer.

Hmmm...

I don't know if this is good or bad.

Getting DNA back is a good thing. Having something to compare it to is even better. Investigators would need to get permission from individuals to take a DNA sample from them and test it. If some have lawyered up as has been suggested, they may have said no to the request. Or even if they don't have attorneys, they may have said no.

Hazing came to my mind as well. and agree - totally sickened by the twitter accounts! and this entire case!

Definitely a party at the trap Saturday night. police crashed it at 12:18 Oct 12.

Also a mom of an NDSU kid (Jr) but he is not into partying - so he was no help when it came to campus underground info :(

I really want to believe these kids had nothing to do with TB death. But regardless, their lives right now must be miserable. Either carrying a guilt this heavy and/or being innocent but still accused based on association. I hope we get some real answers soon and I'm sure all those involved do to!

Hazing came to my mind as well. and agree - totally sickened by the twitter accounts! and this entire case!

Definitely a party at the trap Saturday night. CM tweeted the police crashed it at 12:18 Oct 12.

Also a mom of an NDSU kid (Jr) but he is not into partying - so he was no help when it came to campus underground info :(

I did come across a "not named" student on twitter who on September 24th asked for lawyer recommendations. He was asked if it was for a minor...answer from him was NO it's a little more complicated than that. REALLY...just a LITTLE more complicated??? UGGGG.

I really want to believe these kids had nothing to do with TB death. But regardless, their lives right now must be miserable. Either carrying a guilt this heavy and/or being innocent but still accused based on association. I hope we get some real answers soon and I'm sure all those involved do to!

I'm with you, regardless if they were involved, I'm going to have to stop reading their garbage because my respect for the whole group has gone in the toilet.

I have to say I am not at all surprised at the behavior of the campus "friends/acquaintances" but it is a real shame. If one of them did it they better live it up now, because it is hard to have fun in prison.

I archived a case last year, a young girl named Adrienne Salinas, with the same sort of friends/activities. She also disappeared with a party going on and her body was found much later that Tom. No cause of death could be identified... she was found in a desert wash in AZ. The acquaintance group of students seemed to be the same mindset as this case.

I hope there are better clues for Tom's case.

And since it's been a while, here is the archive for Thomas Bearson:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Thomas Bearson -ND-?sort=6&page=1

There are lots of case archives there if anyone wants to browse.

Thank you so much Amanda! I was looking at this this weekend - absolutely amazing. I am grateful to you for the time you spend doing this for these missing people/murder victims/cases.. You are awesome!

Definitely a party at the trap Saturday night. police crashed it at 12:18 Oct 12.

Can you tell us any more about the party that was crashed by the police? Were there any arrests? Any articles in the Forum? Any names released? Thanks

Just going back and adding a few things to the archive, and I found a vid I had never watched.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3571673.shtml

Is this just a reporter with misinformation.... or did someone tell them where to find Thomas?

Near the end, about 30 seconds before the vid ends, news anchor Bill Lunn (KSTP) says:

"police told us it was an interview with someone that led us to Bearson"

Can you tell us any more about the party that was crashed by the police? Were there any arrests? Any articles in the Forum? Any names released? Thanks

Very rarely do you see parties getting busted in the news in the Fargo/Moorhead area and as I mention below, when it happens the party usually refuses to cooperate or something of that matter. They "leave" and the police drive by later and everyone is back etc. *edit one thing I will add also is that when the beer or whatever is gone they tend to immediately kick everyone out or they have a set time when it ends, usually when the beer runs out.

Not trying to offend anyone but as younger guy chiming in at the parties I went to if the police showed up they asked everyone to leave and that was it. Almost no one drove there so that wasn't an issue. Things start to happen with the police if people refuse to leave the party, people run from smaller party or if trouble happens.

It's my understanding the police in large cities have much better things to do than spend 4 hours writing out minor alcohol consumption tickets to 150 people unless something bad happens or they become upset.

I'm not trying to prove people wrong as of late but I believe I have some insight into the way things are sometimes done and feel it may provide insight to the discussion about the way younger college students who chose to party may think or encounter while doing so. There's also a difference between 18 year old kids and younger high school parties and a known college party spot when it comes to the police.

Saw a quick post that the police showed up at a party at 824 on the 11th. It was homecoming weekend so I'm sure the police were all over the entire area.

I can guarantee you in the not real small college city I live in, the free pass for underage college drinking is OVER. Deaths from incidences of kids walking and falling to their deaths, for instance, have called attention to the issues. We are no longer amused.

And a conviction for underage drinking can affect future career choices.

Thank-you. I'm kinda slow on the draw.
I was still thinking about the fraternity angle and I thought IIRC was the name of the fraternity. I thought II was the Greek letter for Pi.
I looked up the fraternities at NDSU.Wow!! There is sure alot of them. I think they try to get new pledges at this time of year....Don't they?
PI RHO CHI is a fraternity for pharmacy students but I don't think they have one at NDSU....so that is what threw me.
The one Tom was thinking of joining was the Sigma Alpha Epsilon?

I can't believe it either.
How long does it take a conscience to work?
Didn't a newscaster say that an INTERVIEW led the authorities to the RV lot?
THEY must have told them(the police) more.....I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—