ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was offered a way out of a bad record by any compensation. He was charged, pled guilty and received his sentence very quickly. As a matter of fact, he had begun paying the fine the same day in the amount of a $25 payment. (ND Court Record)

ETA: Also a payment plan had been set up by the Court.

Perhaps they had something else on them during the arrest and were in the vicinity (yardage) of the college??

Hmmm--What you're saying is certainly a possibility. However, here's what I'm thinking: If he needed/wanted/ got a ride TO the party from the dorm, why would he walk back---especially after drinking and at that hour. Also, someone at the party who was interviewed said when he left he said something about going to hang out with some baseball players. He didn't say he was going back to the dorm. I get the feeling he left the party with someone that had a car or someone with a car picked him up.

You're probably right, but I thought he got a ride there because they had to go somewhere else first. I think I remember reading that JW went to pick him up at about 11 pm, and he sent the tweet at 11:23 (according to my computer, and I'm in the same time zone.) That's one of the things that has me most confused here. If JW drove to pick him up, then why would he need someone to go get him less than 1/2 hour later? Because of that and little bits and pieces of things, it seems to me like JW was riding with someone else to pick something up and they stopped for TB first. Once they got it, the driver decided to stay there, left them there and went somewhere else, or dropped them off somewhere else for whatever reason. At that point they tweeted CW because they weren't sure how to get back, didn't have transportation to use for trial and error, were in a place that made them uncomfortable, and possibly ran into some trouble before the ride got there (or even before sending the tweet.) I've always thought the baseball players were the guys he was planning to ride home with the next day (which would have been a few hours after he left the party), but I've never really had any special reason for thinking that.

Perhaps they had something else on them during the arrest and were in the vicinity (yardage) of the college??

Yes... Perhaps he had marijuana on him & they asked him to be an informant - along the lines of the other ND case in the spotlight now.. The Wahpeton kid.

You're probably right, but I thought he got a ride there because they had to go somewhere else first. I think I remember reading that JW went to pick him up at about 11 pm, and he sent the tweet at 11:23 (according to my computer, and I'm in the same time zone.) That's one of the things that has me most confused here. If JW drove to pick him up, then why would he need someone to go get him less than 1/2 hour later? Because of that and little bits and pieces of things, it seems to me like JW was riding with someone else to pick something up and they stopped for TB first. Once they got it, the driver decided to stay there, left them there and went somewhere else, or dropped them off somewhere else for whatever reason. At that point they tweeted CW because they weren't sure how to get back, didn't have transportation to use for trial and error, were in a place that made them uncomfortable, and possibly ran into some trouble before the ride got there (or even before sending the tweet.) I've always thought the baseball players were the guys he was planning to ride home with the next day (which would have been a few hours after he left the party), but I've never really had any special reason for thinking that.

That's a good point about the baseball players possibly being the guys he was going to catch a ride home with. That makes a lot of sense since it was already early morning and it's a 3 hr drive.

Yes... Perhaps he had marijuana on him & they asked him to be an informant - along the lines of the other ND case in the spotlight now.. The Wahpeton kid.

'The Wahpeton kid' has a name. Andrew Sadek.

Do we know how many kids live at the trap w/CM & JW? Is it 5 total and 1 was not home?

MSM stated 9/19 was the first time CM met TB - BUT do we know if TB had been over to the "trap" before that evening?

Good evening.

Let us all hope there is some news on this case shortly.

This feels like that awkward long pause when you sit talking to someone.

We've already said basically everything, rehashed what, when, why and who. What's next?

Load up and go look for the shoe? Would that solve anything?

What do people think?

Will there be an arrest or will this fade into the sunset?

What do people think?

Will there be an arrest or will this fade into the sunset?

What do people think?

The majority of us are feeling helpless and disgusted.

I live in ND... have friends that live in Tom`s hometown... have friends and family with young men and women attending their first year of University... and have listened to people spew their opinions and rumors for weeks. (I am also a parent of adult children) I am new to posting here....but have found this site a few times in recent years. I assume I will now be trashed and bashed because I am new to posting unless I am willing to feed the gossip mongers.

That said.... I am disgusted with the lack of NDSU formally addressing and showing respect for this young man/child`s death. My family and friends have thrown large amounts of $$$.$$$.$$.... to support the education of our amazing young children in training. (not by tuition $$$ for our own... but by scholarship and and other building support funds) Yes I am disgusted.... Tom was not my son (but he looks so much like my own he could have been) and the fact we still have no answers... only questions ...rumors and speculation hurts.

:welcome2::welcome6:
What do people think?

The majority of us are feeling helpless and disgusted.

I live in ND... have friends that live in Tom`s hometown... have friends and family with young men and women attending their first year of University... and have listened to people spew their opinions and rumors for weeks. (I am also a parent of adult children) I am new to posting here....but have found this site a few times in recent years. I assume I will now be trashed and bashed because I am new to posting unless I am willing to feed the gossip mongers.

That said.... I am disgusted with the lack of NDSU formally addressing and showing respect for this young man/child`s death. My family and friends have thrown large amounts of $$$.$$$.$$.... to support the education of our amazing young children in training. (not by tuition $$$ for our own... but by scholarship and and other building support funds) Yes I am disgusted.... Tom was not my son (but he looks so much like my own he could have been) and the fact we still have no answers... only questions ...rumors and speculation hurts.

(BBM)

First of all, trashing newbies for expressing their opinion is NOT how it works around here. You have been hanging out with the wrong crowd! so come HERE and express yourself!

Now, that's not to say we dont' take a snap at each other now and then, nor does it mean we are going to just agree with everything.

On to business: I do not like rumors nor feeding them. This is a waste of precious energy because it's empty and nonproductive. So do not feel the need to feed the mongers.

I'm not sure what to make of NDSU's lack of response. I think it was badly advised by whoever was making the decisions over there. What they failed to understand is that where there are gaps in information, the IMAGINATION will fill it in. Imagination is always worse than facts and information.

So, at that I say we just keep re-hashing and re-discussing to at least do our part in keeping this thread moving and the name of Tom Bearson in the minds of the public.

Again, welcome! My name is IBsleuthin. <-------It's an old Irish name from my grandfather's side. :welcome6::welcome:

Yes. We have to keep commenting because Tom needs to be on people's minds. He counts

:welcome2::welcome6:

(BBM)

First of all, trashing newbies for expressing their opinion is NOT how it works around here. You have been hanging out with the wrong crowd! so come HERE and express yourself!

Now, that's not to say we dont' take a snap at each other now and then, nor does it mean we are going to just agree with everything.

On to business: I do not like rumors nor feeding them. This is a waste of precious energy because it's empty and nonproductive. So do not feel the need to feed the mongers.

I'm not sure what to make of NDSU's lack of response. I think it was badly advised by whoever was making the decisions over there. What they failed to understand is that where there are gaps in information, the IMAGINATION will fill it in. Imagination is always worse than facts and information.

So, at that I say we just keep re-hashing and re-discussing to at least do our part in keeping this thread moving and the name of Tom Bearson in the minds of the public.

Again, welcome! My name is IBsleuthin. <-------It's an old Irish name from my grandfather's side. :welcome6::welcome:

I commend you for your thoughtful & tactful reply to our newcomer, IBSleuthin'.

My own take on some things in General is this: TB's homicide is a very active investigation & I would venture that LE has a lot of info. Whether or not they've instructed a University to remain silent as to not interfere with an active investigation is possible. University lawyers may think its a prudent move as well, I don't know & can only speculate.
How much money parents spend is irrelevant, IMHO.

Cool heads, good detective work & witness cooperation is what is needed for TB's family.

May the truth prevail....

.....and that being said, has the focus of the investigation turned towards the alleged "baseball players"?

Who are they & have they been interviewed?

Was the young man who suddenly appeared at the RV site (& took off quickly) wearing a baseball cap with a logo of a local team?

Are people in the crowd that hang out together at the trap in fear? You know, the ole' snitches get stitches type of intimidation?

'Just tossing things around....

I commend you for your thoughtful & tactful reply to our newcomer, IBSleuthin'.

My own take on some things in General is this: TB's homicide is a very active investigation & I would venture that LE has a lot of info. Whether or not they've instructed a University to remain silent as to not interfere with an active investigation is possible. University lawyers may think its a prudent move as well, I don't know & can only speculate.
How much money parents spend is irrelevant, IMHO.

Cool heads, good detective work & witness cooperation is what is needed for TB's family.

May the truth prevail....

POST OF THE WEEK, TASTE OF HONEY!!

From the link that Mama Sleuth posted on the 18th:

MOORHEAD (KFGO-AM) -- Detectives working the Tom Bearson murder case are making some progress, but Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes says releasing too much information to the public could compromise the investigation.

I think your speculation is right on the money.

.....and that being said, has the focus of the investigation turned towards the alleged "baseball players"?

Who are they & have they been interviewed?

Was the young man who suddenly appeared at the RV site (& took off quickly) wearing a baseball cap with a logo of a local team?

Are people in the crowd that hang out together at the trap in fear? You know, the ole' snitches get stitches type of intimidation?

'Just tossing things around....
We only have two tweets from a single individual saying that TB was to drive home with him the next day. I don't know if this individual is considered part of the random "baseball players" comment uploaded to twitter by CM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member