ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 1/2 months and they have waited longer?? Good lord this isn't a major area with tens or twenty homicides a day!! But, any news is good news at this point. I'm guessing that tennis shoe and phone were tossed in a dumpster a few minutes after he died. I wonder if they went to the RV place to party? I know I read or saw where the owner said they kept them unlocked, can't remember if they had security cams or not, pretty brave souls if they don't. Those rvs wouldn't be around very long if that were in Dallas.

Article today from WDay:
"Moorhead, MN (WDAY-TV) - Police say they are still waiting for final autopsy results after the death of NDSU student Tom Bearson."

"Moorhead Police say while the autopsy results seem to be taking a very long time, they have waited longer, and the medical examiner could be holding the results until their toxicology report is finished."

Police say they are still actively working on the case.

"They're also still looking for Bearson's missing tennis shoe and phone, which they say could contain valuable information."

http://www.wday.com/content/two-and-half-months-and-still-no-final-autopsy-results-tom-bearson
Perhaps there could be inconsistencies between the family's private testing and the standard? Happened in the Dammion Heard case. Just sayin...

Tom was supposed to serve two days in jail, by the way. He plead guilty to AGGRAVATED DUI because he was more than two times over the limit. The two days are MANDATORY. No way of getting out of it, per ND law. Now I'm not sure where those charges went... Hmm. Weird.

Rocco, where did you get the information of TB receiving community service in lieu of jail time? I do not see that on court records.

There was another charge on the same day, associated with the one jggordo posted . FA-2014-CR-03559

Criminal Judgment (Judicial Officer: Diamond, Scott)
1. DUI/APC
09/12/2014 (MB) 080310 (080310)
Condition - Adult:
1. 1 Required Condition, 11 09/12/2014, Closed 09/12/2014
2. Community Service Work, Restore 20HRS Direct in Lieu of 2 days jail 09/12/2014 - 10/06/2014, , Closed 11/04/2014
3. Complete Chemical Dependency Evaluation, Agency Unknown . 10-12-2014 09/12/2014 - 10/12/2014, Closed 09/12/2014
4. Victim Impact Panel, . 09/12/2014 - 10/08/2014, , Closed 11/04/2014
Fee Totals:
Fines/Fees $750.00
Fee Totals $ $750.00
Confinement:
Agency: Cass County Jail30 Days
Suspended: 28 Days

Tom was supposed to serve two days in jail, by the way. He plead guilty to AGGRAVATED DUI because he was more than two times over the limit. The two days are MANDATORY. No way of getting out of it, per ND law. Now I'm not sure where those charges went... Hmm. Weird.

Like I said---he received 20 hrs of community service in lieu of the 2 days. Look at my post, #550. Hard to argue the court record.

There was another charge on the same day, associated with the one jggordo posted .

1. DUI/APC
Condition - Adult:
2. Community Service Work, Restore 20HRS Direct in Lieu of 2 days jail 09/12/2014 - 10/06/2014, , Closed 11/04/2014
3. Complete Chemical Dependency Evaluation, Agency Unknown . 10-12-2014 09/12/2014 - 10/12/2014, Closed 09/12/2014
Fee Totals:
Fines/Fees $750.00
Fee Totals $ $750.00
Confinement:

Thanks Rocco - I can't get into the website either. Now seeing the Chemical Dependency program on it's own - this screams at me!

Also, let's not forget about sippin lean: -Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

Thanks Rocco - I can't get into the website either. Now seeing the Chemical Dependency program on it's own - this screams at me!

Also, let's not forget about sippin lean: -Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

The site just came up again.

This is copied and pasted from the COURT RECORD

Sounds like he got some leniency, yet while being so inebriated that he required medical care. Seems like addiction evaluation would have been PRETTY important considering his dangerous medical situation. All packaged up in one day. I wonder how he was even able to make choices while being soooo intoxicated.....

On first offense don't people often plead to a lesser charge?

What would the lesser charge be in the case of a DUI? I'm asking because I have no idea. Seems to me with that charge, either you're found guilty or not.

In SD I know of people who end up with something like Reckless Driving. Saves on insurance costs.

Sounds like he got some leniency, yet while being so inebriated that he required medical care. Seems like an addiction evaluation would have been PRETTY important considering his dangerous medical situation. All packaged up in one day. I wonder how he was even able to make safe legal choices and understand ramifications while being soooo intoxicated. Actually courts ALWAYS require that you sign and agree to that you are making your plea without impairment OF ANY KIND. Same day though, huh, interesting.

In SD I know of people who end up with something like Reckless Driving. Saves on insurance costs.

Every insurance company I've worked with gives the same penalty for DUI, Reckless Driving, and Under-aged Drinking and Driving. The only thing I could see it helping with here (Minnesota, where his home address is) would be having multiple DUIs - 3rd one in 10 years is a felony, so you could actually get a 4th one if the first was Reckless Driving on record. MOO

If the car was impounded, I know here if you can get someone to the scene fast enough that obviously is in a condition to drive and you give them permission, they can drive it off. If the car was impounded, whosever it was, that cost some more money, average impoundment charge here just for one day can be anywhere from $180 to $300. THEN they add a storage charge of some high butt amount each and every day until you get it out. So I wonder who came up with dough to get the car out and whose it was???? I assume it's similar up there.

There was another charge on the same day, associated with the one jggordo posted . FA-2014-CR-03559

1. DUI/APC
Condition - Adult:

Fee Totals:
Fines/Fees $750.00
Fee Totals $ $750.00
Confinement:

Hhmm...1 Required Condition, what might that be? Missed jail time, and chemical dependency evaluation....(that are expensive and MANDATORY according to NDDOT). And impaired to the point of dire medical concern, and plea while likely still impaired....

Hhmm...1 Required Condition, what might that be? Missed jail time, and chemical dependency evaluation....(that are expensive and MANDATORY according to NDDOT). And impaired to the point of dire medical concern, and plea while likely still impaired....

I'm looking through some other dates w/ DUI's (unrelated to TB) and I see a few that had the "Required Condition" as well as arrest and sentencing the same day along with the exact same charges TB got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member