ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that, dennygreen. Obviously something was found in the inital toxicolgy testing that warranted more specific testing to identify exactly what was in his system and the exact concentration. That would involve sending the samples to specialized laboratories, hence the long delay.

Why does toxicology matter? I mean if he was killed as the result of violence, why the need for tissue sampling? (Because, let's be honest, THAT is what takes a long time -- not screening for alcohol or drugs...) They are absolutely giving us the "run around."

It's like in the Andrew Sadek case.. We waited for almost three months for all of the reports. He died of a gunshot wound to the head! They knew that after initial autopsy within two days. Those three months we waited for toxicology (which was tissue sampling) could have been spent looking for the gun in the river if they would have just been honest right away.

In all honesty, what does it matter if Tom was drunk? Does that somehow make his murder acceptable? It changes nothing. Toxicology has nothing to do with his death. They are simply giving us the run around.

As the cynic here, I feel it's my duty to point that out!

So...out of several people being at this so called "party" until 3:40 am. We only hear from one publicly that Tom was there. Why would that be? Wouldn't everyone present confirming that information make it more believable? It would to me. If one could say that, why can't they all? Only one person going out on a limb on this?
Just thinking out loud here. What are all of your thoughts on that?

I agree, CANTNOTCARE!
Plus.. I think of how I might act if a friend left my house & wound up murdered as a result of homicidal violence. I believe I would be very scared. I believe I would be scared to have another party in the event the killer decided to show up. I would worry that there was a killer living next door. I would be suspicious of everyone who I didn't know very well.

But yet... They are throwing parties & acting like nothing happened.

One could perceive that that behavior is very suspicious.

I agree, CANTNOTCARE!
Plus.. I think of how I might act if a friend left my house & wound up murdered as a result of homicidal violence. I believe I would be very scared. I believe I would be scared to have another party in the event the killer decided to show up. I would worry that there was a killer living next door. I would be suspicious of everyone who I didn't know very well.

But yet... They are throwing parties & acting like nothing happened.

One could perceive that that behavior is very suspicious.
Yes, there isn't anyone who can convince me that is normal behavior at all considering the scenario that Tom left the trap only to end up murdered. College age individuals would be spooked by that, and their parents, you know darned well would be if everything went down like we have been "led" (spoon fed) to believe according to media reports. Younger individuals as a whole are MORE reactive, and are much more into drama within their peer groups, and stories become somewhat larger than life at times, not less.
Ask yourself this...what would you do under that circumstance at any age, and what would you do if your children were there?

Ask yourself this...what would you do under that circumstance at any age, and what would you do if your children were there?

I pray to God none of us EVER have to put ourselves in this situation but as a parent of a NDSU student I continually wonder what I would do:

If I was the parent of JW or CM and was told/believed that they had NO involvement I would be pushing LE to clear them publicly or I would pull them out of school. I would fear for their safety from peers/strangers on campus! If they truly had no involvement then these past 2.5 months must have been a living hell.

If my child was murdered; I MAY remain quiet if LE assured me/showed me proof of all the details and the reason(s) for waiting. If speaking up would compromise the case, I MAY be silent. But LE would have to give me A LOT of solids to keep me quiet.

If LE just asked me to keep quiet while they figure it out and to "trust" them, I don't think I could stay quiet. This leads me to believe that the family knows details and possible suspect.

OR, here's a thought....could the family/JW/CM possibly be in danger? This could explain why everyone is hush, hush.

The LE may be able to keep the press at bay and they probably scared the kids into keeping quiet but the family? There has to be a good reason. There just has to be!

My opinion on this is that the results are back. Decisions are being made on whether or not to release to the public, to "finalize" it. Or...there are discrepancies between the private tests and the official tests, and that would require further examination.

Can you please provide a link to where they are having private tests and official tests done? I was unaware that this was taking place.

My theory has evolved. I still think the CI theory is very plausible. But...in my opinion only, I have started to believe that TB had some friends from his high school years, who weren't as good of friends as they would like believed at this point. I believe trouble was in the air before TB ever laid foot at NDSU, and that it all came to a head.
And...no, there are no links to my opinion.

My theory has evolved. I still think the CI theory is very plausible. But...in my opinion only, I have started to believe that TB had some friends from his high school years, who weren't as good of friends as they would like believed at this point. I believe trouble was in the air before TB ever laid foot at NDSU, and that it all came to a head.
And...no, there are no links to my opinion.

Tried to post this once:

What causes/leads to this theory? I've considered it as well. Just curious how you arrived at it...not naysaying.

Where it falls apart for me - I have a hard time with the idea a small town minnesota boy generating this level of hate. But - you cant say what people are thinking or capable of anywhere.

That's what makes the DUI so interesting. You have to be driving something to be charged with. "Driving under the influence". Otherwise it would be a public intox or the like. And my kids college seems to handle all of that sort of stuff from within, by the college writing tickets. No pd involved, in the instances my kids have seen. But different college, different set up. That's why I can only assume he was driving because of the pd involvement. I suppose he could be charged with DUI for riding a bike. Again either way, something should have been impounded and awful fast and convenient to be handled in just one day. Guests, I'm betting you have more knowledge and ideas, please join and discuss. I'm stuck asking the same questions over and over. Someone's getting away with murder. And Tom deserves justice.

Again here in NE, and from what it looks to me in ND with their "APC -Actual Physical Control" or something along those lines, you don't have to be "driving" to get a DUI. Generally if the keys are in the ignition, regardless of where the driver is in the vehicle, you can be charged with DUI. The keys in the ignition are enough for an officer to believe you could at anytime, start the ignition, and begin driving.

Why it's so important to take the keys out of the ignition, and DON'T keep them on your person, if you decide to pull over to sleep it off or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seeing some new names thanking posters! I encourage you to please join in the discussion...I would love to hear your thoughts and any new insight you may have is REALLY needed.

So...out of several people being at this so called "party" until 3:40 am. We only hear from one publicly that Tom was there. Why would that be? Wouldn't everyone present confirming that information make it more believable? It would to me. If one could say that, why can't they all? Only one person going out on a limb on this?

That's a good question! It could be that the other party goers have confirmed his presence at the party with law enforcement, but not publicly. Perhaps their parents have instructed them not to speak to the media for fear of having their child placed in the limelight of such a horrific crime. Speaking to LE is one thing, but speaking out publicly to the media is a whole different ballgame.

Hi all! Decided to take mama sleuth up on her invitation to jump into the thread!

Maybe it's at least partially because of the negative attention the one who did speak up got. I'm thinking he's probably wishing he'd never said anything publicly more than others are wishing that they had. MOO

Maybe it's at least partially because of the negative attention the one who did speak up got. I'm thinking he's probably wishing he'd never said anything publicly more than others are wishing that they had. MOO

Ha! I love your siggy "Every murderer is someone's old friend." So true, so true.

Has it been kicked around that whoever did this to Tom may have simply thought he was a CI, even though he wasn't? I could see some not so scrupulous people becoming suspicious of the gregarious new kid, especially since he had a recent arrest. And maybe those shady people thought he was trying too hard to fit in and that Tom was working them and trying to pull an Andrew Sadek (CI) on them? It seems like it was a pretty brutal crime and was personal. This theory would fall into that scenario.

I will say that I don't believe that Tom was a CI, for one thing Tom had only been there such a short length of time. How many shady characters would LE think he had a chance to know? Not saying it's not possible, of course.

Now in the tragic case of Andrew Sadek I would put 7, maybe 8 out of 10 eggs in the CI basket (see I have been following along!) but I don't see that with Tom. Not yet, anyway.

Has it been kicked around that whoever did this to Tom may have simply thought he was a CI, even though he wasn't? I could see some not so scrupulous people becoming suspicious of the gregarious new kid, especially since he had a recent arrest. And maybe those shady people thought he was trying too hard to fit in and that Tom was working them and trying to pull an Andrew Sadek (CI) on them? It seems like it was a pretty brutal crime and was personal. This theory would fall into that scenario.

I will say that I don't believe that Tom was a CI, for one thing Tom had only been there such a short length of time. How many shady characters would LE think he had a chance to know? Not saying it's not possible, of course.

Now in the tragic case of Andrew Sadek I would put 7, maybe 8 out of 10 eggs in the CI basket (see I have been following along!) but I don't see that with Tom. Not yet, anyway.

I cant speak to the AS case at all - although it sounds as though there is confirmation he was a CI? Not sure though.

I like your theory that someone thought TB was a CI even though he wasn't. That has been offered before - i think it could be possible. But I still go back to - does it get that brutal on a suspicion?

First, rich & poor people abuse drugs. However, the method of dealing drugs or buying/selling drugs requires communication different than going to the grocery market to buy eggs. If you don't know the slang, you don't know it. It will fly over your head. There's a lot to it & I'd rather not go into detail about it but it's different than going to the local Piggly Wiggly, i

Second, no one knows if TB did drugs or was or wasn't a CI. However, his twitter bio page is up there about handshakes ("if you know the handshake, we must be bros").
We don't know the significance of that statement TB put out there. It may be nothing? Some gang members have complicated handshakes so they recognize each other---and I hope that wasn't what TB was referencing but we don't know anything for a fact. It may be in reference to his fraternity? We just don't know, human. We just don't. Yes, I've seen gang signs thrown around but you'd have to know them & quite frankly in the pics I've seen of his bunch, they may have been just silly kids goofing around. All in all & at the end of the day, we have very little to go on as sleuthers.

IMHO, this thread has deteriorated rapidly due to very, very few updates by authorities causing many of us to offer hypothesis. Some don't view speculation or hypotheses as a positive thing so this sister will be offering zilch in that realm going forward.

Been busy but got caught up. Was at a party the other night with a bunch of kids from sartell who knew of TB and it sounds like the opinion there supports buying party supplies gone wrong and a bunch of people the supplies were for not talking cept one who remembered that TB got back at 3:40. I'm sticking with this as the best answer now. CI, gangs, fight over girl all found have happened ornit could be random, but I think party supplies fits bests.

This morning I did something I rarely if ever do, I woke up thinking about this case. Thinking about the case as a whole and then some outstanding parts of it. Here we all sit waiting and waiting for the results of these freaking toxicology reports.

But, his manner of death is, 'homicidal violence'.

Not, drug overdose.

So what do we care about the toxicology reports? So what if the police never release the results of those toxicology reports?
Why don't the release the exact cause of death?

This whole thing is ridiculous.

After what I've seen written by teenagers and young adults on social media, I don't give any credibility to anything any of them say. It's all just mindless blabber to me.

After what I've seen written by teenagers and young adults on social media, I don't give any credibility to anything any of them say. It's all just mindless blabber to me.

Well that's because ur an adult who doesn't use social media the way that we do. In addition to mindless blabber we use it to share thoughts, opinions, fears and lots of other emotions with friends and family. Like gossip of old adults some is made up but lots of it is based on fact. I'm not betting my life on the blabber of kids i know but think it's as likely or valid as stuff that lots of people on here just make up. K done blabbering here

This morning I did something I rarely if ever do, I woke up thinking about this case. Thinking about the case as a whole and then some outstanding parts of it. Here we all sit waiting and waiting for the results of these freaking toxicology reports.

But, his manner of death is, 'homicidal violence'.

Not, drug overdose.

So what do we care about the toxicology reports? So what if the police never release the results of those toxicology reports?
Why don't the release the exact cause of death?

This whole thing is ridiculous.

Here's the thing, IB: The final autospy report can't be submitted until all the testing has been completed----and that includes the toxicolgy testing. If they had to send samples out for futher testing, it's going to take longer--- that's just the way it is. Until those results are back, they can't finish the report. Do I think the investigators know the COD? I think maybe they do but they're not going to release that information until they're good and ready and public curiosity isn't going to make them ready. Does it really matter that much if the cause of death was loss of blood due to a stab wound or cerebral hemorrhage due to head trauma, or _________ (pick a cause). The important fact is he died from homicidal violence and his family, friends, other parents, other students, and the community need to find out who did this and bring that person to justice and also hold accountable anyone who contributed to his demise. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake