ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another fascinating explanation as to the importance of formulating the cause of death.

Now, had these people just stuck to the 'Manner of death' all of this could easily been tucked in the box of 'Natural Causes'.
Luckily, these fine folks decided that finding out what CAUSED the manner of death was an important item to note.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...esearchers-traces-killer-Black-Death-bug.html

After researching this matter and thinking back to the many cases that present themselves on this very website, my personal opinion is that the cause of death is certainly critical to the investigation of the case. ESPECIALLY if there are more than one incidences to investigate.

The cause of death become critical in linking similar crimes and establishing a pattern when looking for murderers who may have become serial in their pursuits.

This is an excellent source of information and one I've posted before;

http://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/cause.aspx it very clearly explains the differences in the 'Cause of Death' and the 'Manner of death'.

Let us just consider the example of a fictitious serial killer on the loose. This fictional character nearly always kills his victims by strangulation.

By what I've read just on this thread, I should then disregard the cause of death and simply label this as 'Homicidal violence' and move on.

Ohhhh but at what peril? Indeed to delve further and find that the cause of death was strangulation by ligature would assist the investigators in linking several victims and in the end solve the case.

"The manner of death explains how the cause of death arose..."

This is O/T but thought I'd mention it here because I remember the discussions here about things that would be considered "homicidal violence" in the death of someone. I am in No Way implying or saying that this has ANYthing to do with TB's death but rather it's just FYI from something I learned on another case today on WS in regards to homicidal violence.The case of Hiawayi Robison, 8 years old in Alabama. Her father was arrested and charged today, according to the DA he was charged with murder and sodomy, and the cause of death was "homicidal violence"

This is O/T but thought I'd mention it here because I remember the discussions here about things that would be considered "homicidal violence" in the death of someone. I am in No Way implying or saying that this has ANYthing to do with TB's death but rather it's just FYI from something I learned on another case today on WS in regards to homicidal violence.The case of Hiawayi Robison, 8 years old in Alabama. Her father was arrested and charged today, according to the DA he was charged with murder and sodomy, and the cause of death was "homicidal violence"

I love it when people openly share what they've learned! I also think it takes tremendous character to admit when we don't know everything. Heck, I hadn't even given the different terms much thought until all this came up. The idea that "Manner of Death" then, "Cause of Death" are not interchangeable was an eye opener for me.

Thank you for sharing.

How does this relate to this case? Are you saying the police are burying their head in the sand or the people in the general public or the people on here?

Please clarify.

I am speaking as to societal patterns that do not obtain the desired effect.
IMO: I believe that it is very clear that drugs were playing a part in Tom's life, sadly. He certainly is NOT the first 18 year old to be involved in drugs, also sadly. In fact, it is more prevalent currently in the youth, rather than not prevalent, sadly. Youth that have not at least experimented are actually the minority. That is the trend right now. Helping youth move past use/abuse/addiction is not something anyone can force. It requires first recognizing the signs, willingness to be aware and accept the reality, understanding, trust, and loving and kind support without a judgmental attitude, and not financially or physically supporting the habit. Refusing to accept the fact, does not assist the drug user at all. Belief that light use is better than heavy use is a fallacy as well. Being ashamed and hiding from it, and expecting more from the drug user than they are capable of or prepared for, is not the answer either.
I DO NOT think less of Tom because of this, in fact I am saddened. I am not blaming him as a result for the homicidal violence he suffered. I believe that this young man was in over his head, and that he even suspected that before heading to NDSU. How very sad.

Please do not assume anything regarding this investigation that has not been linked by MSM and/or LE. If you have a link, fine, post it but let's not bash authorities just because we feel they are not doing enough.

Thanks, Lambchop

No tip lines. No plea for information.

Respectfully, the article did end with: "If you have any information involving this case, you can contact the Moorhead's Police Department at 218-299-5120." We have no idea if LE requested that the reporter include that or not, but it does make clear how people can share information or tips.

I'm not sure what the complaint is MM. The obvious concern is more young men are dead. More tragedy and there's already too much of this.

I'm respectfully asking for clarification on the complaint you have.

I'm not sure what the complaint is MM. The obvious concern is more young men are dead. More tragedy and there's already too much of this.

I am just guessing that the complaint is that these deaths seem suspicious and LE is saying "Nothing to see here folks." Plus they are, again, waiting on toxicology reports from Minnesota medical examiner. Plus the family is saying that LE is giving them conflicting information and unhappy with the investigations being done by LE.

I can't speak for Minny Mom. Maybe she was making another point.

Really?
Well. Ok. The deaths are both strange. They both had their shoes off and were found in strange places in the woods/fields 300 feet away from their cars in places they had no reason to be found at. That's weird.

If your son was found dead with his shoes off 300 feet from his car in a cold Minnesota (one of them disappeared on Halloween) field, would you find it strange? Then.. Imagine learning of another person who also disappeared and was found dead with his shoes off 300 feet from his car 6 weeks later, would you not think it was suspicious?

Why do the police always automatically assume no foul play? When Bearson's body was found, they initially said "no foul play." They said the same thing with Andrew Sadek even though he was a CI.

And.. We are still waiting for final autopsy reports from Minnesota Coroner.
And.. The families are not happy with law enforcement investigations.
And.. The media isn't reporting jack squat.

Am I the only one that thinks this strange?

I am just guessing that the complaint is that these deaths seem suspicious and LE is saying "Nothing to see here folks." Plus they are, again, waiting on toxicology reports from Minnesota medical examiner. Plus the family is saying that LE is giving them conflicting information and unhappy with the investigations being done by LE.

I can't speak for Minny Mom. Maybe she was making another point.

Thanks. I didn't see this when I responded. You hit the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member