ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, and not hardly. However, Websleuths has paid my tuition to 'Banned Camp' so many times that I find myself reformed. (OK well maybe not really but I try to behave myself so that I can still come on here).

WHO ELSE is going to listen to me go on and on about this case? Not my friends. My kids don't want to hear it. The UPS man doesn't have the time, he's all just, "Sign the line ma'am."

Lol! Thats a funny post right there. I don't even tell my family about this obsession. It could be worse though - Jack and Ozzy for exam.......oh wait....

One time....at banned camp....Have you really been banned?! What must one do? Maybe I've been walking the line myself.

Random thoughts here - but someone hit on something good last night: County DA. What does the DA have to say? Has anyone tried a call there? Someone local perhaps?

I think you are missing my point as well, sir. :)
I am not blaming NDSU. Just simply stated that his choice in colleges was deadly.

Then we can agree to disagree, my highly esteemed fellow poster.

I'm starting to have my doubts that we're ever going to find out who did this. This has gone on too long now. Surely by now they've done all their interviews, received the forensic evidence back, know the COD and toxicology, and have tried to put the pieces together---but can't.

2 eggs being tossed in the 'unsolved' basket. Gently tossed as I just bought eggs and they're $3.21 a dozen!!! Yikes!!! (If someone could send me 3 French hens for Christmas, that would be appreciated---I'd ask for 3 French chicks but I wouldn't want to be misunderstood)

Then we can agree to disagree, my highly esteemed fellow poster.

I'm starting to have my doubts that we're ever going to find out who did this. This has gone on too long now. Surely by now they've done all their interviews, received the forensic evidence back, know the COD and toxicology, and have tried to put the pieces together---but can't.

2 eggs being tossed in the 'unsolved' basket. Gently tossed as I just bought eggs and they're $3.21 a dozen!!! Yikes!!! (If someone could send me 3 French hens for Christmas, that would be appreciated---I'd ask for 3 French chicks but I wouldn't want to be misunderstood)

:rubberducky::rubberducky::rubberducky:

Lol! Thats a funny post right there. I don't even tell my family about this obsession. It could be worse though - Jack and Ozzy for exam.......oh wait....

One time....at banned camp....Have you really been banned?! What must one do? Maybe I've been walking the line myself.

Random thoughts here - but someone hit on something good last night: County DA. What does the DA have to say? Has anyone tried a call there? Someone local perhaps?

Oh hhhh let me tell you what, I've been permanently banned from a few sites in my day. I get on my Rant-O-Cycle and just go, go, go!! You're FINE. Don't even worry about it.

P.S. that was me that brought up the county attorney. yes, yes I know ...pure brilliance. :D

I suggest Costco my man Rocco, for the eggs. Not the chicks - mostly Norwegians in these parts.

I'm of the same mind with your pessimism. But will hold out hope.

My eggs were scrambled a few weeks ago, and I have no clue or gut feeling about this case.

As for the cars... marked or unmarked... Yes, there were Moorhead and Fargo marked squads there, along with the unmarked that detectives use. Check the case archive if you want to refresh memory.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Thomas Bearson -ND-?sort=6&page=1

Nope.
Watch the video in post 431.
In one quick shot there's only unmarked SUV's.

What's the point, one May ask?
Point is: why is there not one recent statement by any LE agency?
This case is that tough?

I don't know....

I suggest Costco my man Rocco, for the eggs. Not the chicks - mostly Norwegians in these parts.

I'm of the same mind with your pessimism. But will hold out hope.

I don't know if you're from the area but I have to have Forest River eggs. Eggs from anywhere else won't do.

My hope meter goes down each day.

I did and wish I hadn't. Sick to my stomach all over again.

What that family is going through is unimaginable to me. I don't think id be functioning even at this point - so perhaps their silence is explainable. I'd go so far as to say that it makes perfect sense to me. They have a large task taking care of each other right now and for a long time to come.

With the unmarked cars I could see that going either way...FBI or police. No way to know. My cousin is an undercover Detective for the suburbs and he drives everything from an a SUV to a sedan. My friend is a Sgt. for the city and he drives mostly the standard unmarked squad car, but also based on the call or who he is driving/transporting, SUVs. Now, another friend is a police officer for the city as well, but is assigned to the FBI. He is given a car which he takes home. I don't want to say exactly what it is, but it's an SUV, but not like an Explorer. It would be the bigger version of a Honda CRV. Sorry if I am not making sense. Back to my point. I think it IS possibly that LE and/or FBI was present. Every city and the cars the drive are clearly different.

The storm was well over by the time Tom walked out of his dorm.
So you are saying now that the storm knocked out the videos for the night? Seriously? I'm sure the surveillance cameras can endure a storm. If they can withstand cold of 40 below zero, they can handle a little wind.

I am saying simply this...

When Tom was just "missing," I am sure LE contacted his roommate at the residence hall.
I'm sure that roommate told LE the same story that he told the media which was something along the lines of he picked up his backpack and "just left" about 10:00pm.

Wouldn't LE if it is competent enough go back to the surveillance tapes from just 24-36 hours before and get an image of Tom so we could all see what he was wearing that night? Wouldn't they then show that image on the news so we could all see what the kid we are all searching for looks like in detail?

I am not going to back away from this video thing because it's suspicious to me. I also don't trust LE OR NDSU to not cover up a mistake they made that got one of their students killed. (How NDSU becomes complicit is by allowing their students to be used as CI's as the police just don't do something like this without the consent of the university. It's happened to LOTS of universities. The SEMCA dude even says it's happening across the college campuses of ND.)

The storm had absolutely no bearing on this case. On Saturday, the total rainfall in Fargo was .07 inches which is less then 1/10th of an inch!

Why on earth, GoBison, are you acting like you are the spokesperson for the NDSU campus? You didn't even attend school there if I am to believe your other statements about your affiliation to NDSU! I DID attend school there. I know the campus layout well. With $350,000 in security camera UPGRADES alone, you don't think that the place where 10% of the students LIVE AND SLEEP would be among the first to have security cameras? Geez.. The students lives are the most important thing on the campus, aren't they? I went to school 20+ years ago and even the RA's had video surveillance of the entryways there.
I think you are misunderstanding or redirecting what I said. Since you are the Super Duper Sluther of all time. (and I mean no disrespect for your personal theories and opinions when I say) Do you know what a storm front is? Glad you were able to find the "rainfall" on that particular day.... I never said it was a monsoon. Please tell us all who were there that afternoon about the wind speed and the general conditions that day as well. I was on campus that weekend. So if you want to debate the actual weather conditions with me... GO! I would prefer you just be civil and stop with the right or wrong argument myself.

No way. NDSU is my college's nemesis. I am a UND alumni.

I lived and worked in Fargo for 20 years upon college graduation. I too was very sad to hear about Dennis Walaker's passing. He was a champion of Fargo for many years. RIP Mr. Walaker.

Being a UND alumni means I can't be seen in public cheering for the Bison but I am still supportive of the college. I am a ND man - even with all of it's faults.

I find the lack of reward or the lack of any plea for public assistance suspicious & troubling. Combined with the insistence of other sleuthers who say the Bearson family doesn't know anything? I think that is an odd combination unless those sleuthers are wrong. Perhaps even the family is "keeping a facade" to their friends & relatives? Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

I am not cynical of anyone but the community deserves answers here. The LE's statement that basically they don't owe us any answers about Tom is not a good way to build public trust. Last I checked the police are paid entirely through tax dollars. The citizens deserve answers. It is healthy and natural of the public to question authority from time to time. It helps keep them honest.

This debate about Tom being a confidential informant. Well I don't know if that's true or not but I think the questions MM brings up are valid. They will never be answered but they are valid. I am not anti-LE in the slightest but they ARE capable of mistakes just as any of us are. I can count on one hand the times I can recall LE owning up to ANY mistake at any level. They simply just do not admit them unless they are caught on camera and left with no way out. I think there are other theories that outweigh the CI possibility.

Dang. MM and CANTNOTCARE and GOBISON likes to go hard at proving their points though. It keeps it all interesting.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle."

Go SIOUX! A fine institution that does not get the recognition they deserve. (I love Hockey as well) :) I have a family member that was a well respected faculty member at UND during her tenure. We all have our reasons to support one team or another. But at the end of the day.... It is not about what we think or theorize... It is about fact and justice for TOM. If our LE is relying on social media to figure out what happened here.. then I am ashamed...

Go SIOUX! A fine institution that does not get the recognition they deserve. (I love Hockey as well) :) I have a family member that was a well respected faculty member at UND during her tenure. We all have our reasons to support one team or another. But at the end of the day.... It is not about what we think or theorize... It is about fact and justice for TOM. If our LE is relying on social media to figure out what happened here.. then I am ashamed...

OT---but since you're a fan, Go Bison, and the thread isn't exactly burning up with posts right now...............

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-mens/

With the unmarked cars I could see that going either way...FBI or police. No way to know. My cousin is an undercover Detective for the suburbs and he drives everything from an a SUV to a sedan. My friend is a Sgt. for the city and he drives mostly the standard unmarked squad car, but also based on the call or who he is driving/transporting, SUVs. Now, another friend is a police officer for the city as well, but is assigned to the FBI. He is given a car which he takes home. I don't want to say exactly what it is, but it's an SUV, but not like an Explorer. It would be the bigger version of a Honda CRV. Sorry if I am not making sense. Back to my point. I think it IS possibly that LE and/or FBI was present. Every city and the cars the drive are clearly different.

Right, hockey....we just don't know & I was merely pointing out an observation. Either way we know that local detectives or FBI was present at the scene. That was late September & we are in December with not a peep about this case coming from the authorities.
Which is distressing.

Moo

A reward.
A reward might get someone that might know a little something to talk.

Money talks.

If I were the Bearson's, I'd ask for details about Tom's DUI. Why was he at the hospital? Rocco, IBSLEUTHIN, Proud Papa: any of you have any information/thoughts on why that would be?

One thing you can't miss and we just still go whoa on, is the big POLICE on the license plates there. Never seen that anywhere in my life, but there. Kinda hard to miss and notice. Who in the heck tipped them or led them to the body? Could be someone who just stumbled on it, or someone who knew it was most definitely there. Curiouser and curiouser my friends.

If I were the Bearson's, I'd ask for details about Tom's DUI. Why was he at the hospital? Rocco, IBSLEUTHIN, Proud Papa: any of you have any information/thoughts on why that would be?

Maybe they thought he has possible alcohol poisoning? A reaction to something, maybe overly dehydrated??? I'm not anyone mentioned but just throwing possibilities out there. Which seem to always go over like a certain something in a punchbowl, but at some point something has to give in this case. Something, some day it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon