NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Mar 23, 2023
At 3:44 p.m., deputies arrived to the area of 216th Street and Rainwood Road near Elkhorn, where possible human remains were reported.'

March 22 2023
They said 25 yrs of age and up, but as we know, that doesn't always turn out to be the case in these type of estimates. I know it's a long shot, but still....!

The news reel mentions other bodies found along Rainwood Rd. How many are we talking here?
From what I'm understanding, 4 bodies within a year or so have been found in the area:
1) The skull found on March 14th
2) the body of a man found who went missing this month (Patrick Weber, identified)
3) a body was found a few months ago there and identified
4) a body was found there last Summer

The skull is the only unidentified and it was the only one that was past decomposition when found. The police are saying that none of the victims are connected to relieve fear of a serial killer. The skull precedes all the other bodies, so that one is very likely unrelated.

From what I'm understanding, 4 bodies within a year or so have been found in the area:
1) The skull found on March 14th
2) the body of a man found who went missing this month (Patrick Weber, identified)
3) a body was found a few months ago there and identified
4) a body was found there last Summer

The skull is the only unidentified and it was the only one that was past decomposition when found. The police are saying that none of the victims are connected to relieve fear of a serial killer. The skull precedes all the other bodies, so that one is very likely unrelated.
Thank you for clarifying. I was beginning to wonder.

Thank you for clarifying. I was beginning to wonder.
Yes, I was unsure as to the numbers as well, as it seems like quite a few for various reasons to be found in such an out of the way area. It is a rural quiet looking region with wide ranging farmland. I do recall mentioning earlier in the last thread about a skull being found near a park and river some years back west of Omaha about a half hour driving distance as well. I am not
sure if it was id'ed yet. I had read online that it was found somewhat near an Indigenous burial grounds. Can't find the original info at the moment. Also, it seems strange that just the skull was found in this latest find. Wondering the scenario this could happen in. I assume a full search was done of the area nearby. NAMUS lists 87 missing persons as of today, including Black Americans which investigators say can be ruled out. Of course it could be someone not on Namus radar.

Last edited:
Yes, I was unsure as to the numbers as well, as it seems like quite a few for various reasons to be found in such an out of the way area. It is a rural quiet looking region with wide ranging farmland. I do recall mentioning earlier in the last thread about a skull being found near a park and river some years back west of Omaha about a half hour driving distance as well. I am not
sure if it was id'ed yet. I had read online that it was found somewhat near an Indigenous burial grounds. Can't find the original info at the moment. Also, it seems strange that just the skull was found in this latest find. Wondering the scenario this could happen in. I assume a full search was done of the area nearby. NAMUS lists 87 missing persons as of today, including Black Americans which investigators say can be ruled out. Of course it could be someone not on Namus radar.
I thought about them finding a skull but no other bones, so I went to Google maps, wondering what kind of terrain we were looking at here (residential, farmland, etc). There are several years on Google maps and different seasons, for this area. Definitely looks like remote, rural farmland, one year there was corn in the fields. Based on how it appears to be used, and the possible long length of time, it's possible those bones are long gone due to plowing and predation. Finding only a skull may not indicate cause of death, or dismemberment.

I thought about them finding a skull but no other bones, so I went to Google maps, wondering what kind of terrain we were looking at here (residential, farmland, etc). There are several years on Google maps and different seasons, for this area. Definitely looks like remote, rural farmland, one year there was corn in the fields. Based on how it appears to be used, and the possible long length of time, it's possible those bones are long gone due to plowing and predation. Finding only a skull may not indicate cause of death, or dismemberment.
Ah! I never thought of that. Horrible to think of. I just hope this id can be made soon.

The news reel mentions other bodies found along Rainwood Rd. How many are we talking here?
The bodies have happened over time, and not related.

I mentioned one last summer/fall that happened almost right in front of my brother's house. Maybe a door down. It had been there a couple months and belonged to a young black man that had been missing, but nobody knows who would want to hurt him.

Last week. A body of a Kearney, NE man was found about 68th and Rainwood. Same road, miles apart. He had not been missing that long. There was also a body found in a car in an impound lot last week.

This one on 216th is the only one that would be linked (possibly) to this case. The age and date ranges are all over the place, but I hope they can narrow it down, if not for Jason, the family he belongs to. There is a large Army Reserve base close to that. It could be something related.

Forensic anthropologists preliminarily believe that a skull found near 216th Street and Rainwood Road on March 14 belonged to an adult male "of European descent," according to a press release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

The remains were reportedly located by a person who had been driving by the area. While there were no apparent signs of criminal activity, the remains may have been there for an extended period of time, the sheriff's office previously said.

Forensic anthropologists preliminarily believe that a skull found near 216th Street and Rainwood Road on March 14 belonged to an adult male "of European descent," according to a press release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
That location is 3 min SE of what is now a ghost town known as Elk City, where the only remaining business is a bar called The Ponderosa. It has great dive bar food, but it's also a known hangout for members of the Hell's Angels and Outlaws biker gangs that live on the other side of the Elkhorn River near Kings Lake.

I'm not suggesting that Jason was involved with any such people, but that it's not surprising to find a body in that area. I went into the Ponderosa about 5 years ago on a summer Saturday night for prime rib, and the table I was reserving for my friends was taken by a group of bikers who I chose not to challenge for it. We ate elsewhere.

22 years now with no answers. Today there were major breakthroughs announced with the Tara Calico case from '88, so it gives me hope that Jason's could be solved as well.
Hadn't thought about JJ's case for awhile, but now that I see this new post, it brings it all back again. Re. the skull that was found half hour from Omaha near a river/park area some years back; (not the one in farmland) I think I will write to the contact given and try for an update. When I wrote last year, they wanted more info. and I don't think I wrote back. The contact is the Namus staff email. The Omaha Police Dept. don't list their email else I would write to them as well. I may as well enquire about the skull that was found more recently in Elkhorn area.I'm not expecting anything in that regard though.

1) Salt Creek skull The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

2) ‘A tough, tough case’: New details on human remains found north of Elkhorn

UPDATE: Sent email tonight

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about JJ's case for awhile, but now that I see this new post, it brings it all back again. Re. the skull that was found half hour from Omaha near a river/park area some years back; (not the one in farmland) I think I will write to the contact given and try for an update. When I wrote last year, they wanted more info. and I don't think I wrote back. The contact is the Namus staff email. The Omaha Police Dept. don't list their email else I would write to them as well. I may as well enquire about the skull that was found more recently in Elkhorn area.I'm not expecting anything in that regard though.

1) Salt Creek skull The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

2) ‘A tough, tough case’: New details on human remains found north of Elkhorn

UPDATE: Sent email tonight
Awesome. Nothing is more frustrating than when these skulls get put in some drawer and never get looked at again.

I share everyone's hope that the JJ case will be solved someday. This is the #1 missing persons case I've been following since first hearing about this last year.

However, as has been discussed - there is literally nothing to go on here. I.e., after JJ helps his brother take the trash out that morning & starts his walk to the H.S. (to meet his co-worker) - he vanishes.

Obviously, this is an extremely odd & unsettling case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back