Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first theory that sprung to mind when reading about this case is that Sydney and her date may have both been interested in drugs - just from the reports that Sydney said that they got on really well on their first date so may have had this in common? And she seems to post a lot about smoking weed etc so I guess that was a habit in her life. It's not rare to be a recreational weed smoker but maybe her date was into heavier narcotics too... They went to a house to score something a bit stronger and maybe Sydney OD'd and so a bunch of unknowns/dealer hid the body and crime. Would be hard to trace. But seeing as the police have spoken to this date and don't find her suspicious I feel like this is now really unlikely.

That leads me to believe stranger abduction... Did she know the area well? If she was planning on using public transport, waiting on streets at night, she could have been snatched anywhere. As she didn't have her car I agree that she was probably planning on drinking or doing some kind of narcotic that would have prevented her from driving. Maybe she thought the date would let her stay over but it didn't pan out that way? CCTV will be crucial in this case as it was in YingYing's. Hope to god the tracks get moving on this one quickly.

The first theory that sprung to mind when reading about this case is that Sydney and her date may have both been interested in drugs - just from the reports that Sydney said that they got on really well on their first date so may have had this in common? And she seems to post a lot about smoking weed etc so I guess that was a habit in her life. It's not rare to be a recreational weed smoker but maybe her date was into heavier narcotics too... They went to a house to score something a bit stronger and maybe Sydney OD'd and so a bunch of unknowns/dealer hid the body and crime. Would be hard to trace. But seeing as the police have spoken to this date and don't find her suspicious I feel like this is now really unlikely.

That leads me to believe stranger abduction... Did she know the area well? If she was planning on using public transport, waiting on streets at night, she could have been snatched anywhere. As she didn't have her car I agree that she was probably planning on drinking or doing some kind of narcotic that would have prevented her from driving. Maybe she thought the date would let her stay over but it didn't pan out that way? CCTV will be crucial in this case as it was in YingYing's. Hope to god the tracks get moving on this one quickly.

Her parents and friends have said they have no idea why she would be in Wilber so that leads me to believe that she did meet up with the woman a second time. The house that was searched belongs to a 60+yo man. Word is that he lives there with his wife. I am unsure if they have adult children who live there as well. Their daughter appears to be married so it doesn’t seem likely that she would be the woman that Sydney was meeting with.

In the article linked below, LE says they spoke to Loofe's date. No other information provided.

So what did she tell them? LE isn't telling us so far.

I don’t think this article has been posted yet:

“Friends said Loofe posted on SnapChat Wednesday that she had a second date with a woman she met online later that evening.

‘She texted me and told me about the date she had went on how, great it went and she was excited to go on another date with her again Wednesday night,’ said Terra Gehring, Loofe's Menards coworker and friend.

[...]

Police also checked Loofe's home Thursday and said no one was home.

Loofe's parents went to her place on Friday and said they didn’t see anything suspicious.

Lincoln police confirmed investigators have spoken to the woman Loofe was planning to meet but no other details.

[...]

Investigators said they got leads that Loofe may have been in Wilber, Neb. since her disappearance.

Loved ones said they have no idea why she would be there or what could have happened to her.” (BBM)

More at the link:
http://www.ketv.com/article/lincoln-woman-goes-missing-after-heading-to-date/13810800

Lots of speculation. Could be their granddaughter or niece or nothing to do with them at all.

She may not have met with her date. She could have been abducted from her parking lot near her car. Hoping her date told LE something helpful.

Her parents and friends have said they have no idea why she would be in Wilber so that leads me to believe that she did meet up with the woman a second time. The house that was searched belongs to a 60+yo man. Word is that he lives there with his wife. I am unsure if they have adult children who live there as well. Their daughter appears to be married so it doesn’t seem likely that she would be the woman that Sydney was meeting with.

In the article linked below, LE says they spoke to Loofe's date. No other information provided.

So what did she tell them? LE isn't telling us so far.

No, they are not. I assumed that they had no way of finding exactly who she is without Sydney's phone. Turns out they do. I'm sure there is much more to come from this individual.

Everyone please remember we cannot post names or any personal information about people unless their names have been released by the mainstream media or the police.

Thank you,
Tricia

I know this just going to be wildly unpopular, but is there any chance she walked away willingly and tried to make it appear the date had something to do with it?

I know this just going to be wildly unpopular, but is there any chance she walked away willingly and tried to make it appear the date had something to do with it?

Could be, but I just don't know how someone walks away without their car or their cat or other stuff or their cellphone (she had it with her and then would have turned it off or thrown it away), doesn't use bank accounts or credit cards, doesn't check in with some friends on facebook.

The most plausible way for that to be true, ISTM, is if she didn't "intend" to leave for a week, but she got on some sort of bender and has been incapacitated.

MOOoooooo

I always strongly doubt that possibility when someone leaves their pet behind without any arranged for it be taken care of. I remember only one case I followed here where this was the case. Most of the time, people leaving their pets behind equals something has happened to them, sadly.

I always strongly doubt that possibility when someone leaves their pet behind without any arranged for it be taken care of. I remember only one case I followed here where this was the case. Most of the time, people leaving their pets behind equals something has happened to them, sadly.

When I heard that Danielle Stislicki's cat was at her apartment, I knew then she wasn't coming back.

It definitely seems like foul play. My first guess would be a love triangle, i.e. her ex or the date's ex.

I just clicked on this sad case today and am trying to catch up. Is it known whether this woman she met online and was going to physically meet (and, apparently did) is a friend or a "romantic interest?" I haven't seen anyone comment on this. If this was a romantic interest, I can recall several deadly triangles in situations like this. I just haven't read either way. Doesn't sound very encouraging, but miracles do happen, and I hope this is one of those times.

All IMO, MOO, as I don't know diddly squat.

I just clicked on this sad case today and am trying to catch up. Is it known whether this woman she met online and was going to physically meet (and, apparently did) is a friend or a "romantic interest?" I haven't seen anyone comment on this. If this was a romantic interest, I can recall several deadly triangles in situations like this. I just haven't read either way. Doesn't sound very encouraging, but miracles do happen, and I hope this is one of those times.

All IMO, MOO, as I don't know diddly squat.

I'd say a romantic interest as Sydney stated she was ready for her date.

Her family has said they don't know of any connection she had to Wilber where her phone last pinged and where the Lincoln Police Chief said in a radio interview that she was last seen. So either the person she was dating is connected to Wilber or her friends in Lincoln know of a Wilber connection that I hope by now they have shared with LE and the family.

I just hope it isn't a case of someone not sharing some piece of important information because they are afraid of getting jammed up for something else or it is something they think Sydney would not want her family to know. She had to get to Wilber with someone and I would assume that same person would be her ride back. LE has no doubt pulled the cell tower records they will be able to find any phone that was co-located with her phone in both Lincoln and Wilber and perhaps along the way there, if they haven't already.

There is a lot of information that Law Enforcement is withholding. We know that Sydney had a date Thursday night with the woman she had gone out the first time with the day before. We do not know if she actually went on that date. We know her phone last pinged in Wilber near the High School there and a search has been conducted of a particular house there. We do not know why that house was searched, what they were looking for or if they found anything.

Law Enforcement has acknowledged that they have spoken to the woman Sydney had the date with but they have not disclosed if they actually met that evening, if that woman lives or otherwise has links to Wilber or Saline County and that particular house and, most importantly, they have not officially ruled her out.

One news account refers to the last ping occurring at night but it was not in the firm of a direct quote so I can not be sure it is accurate. The time of the ping would be an important piece of information.

From what I can tell, Wilber is a very small town Forty miles from Lincoln. There have been reports that there is not any known reason Sydney would have been in Wilber. She is from Neligh Nb, which is nowhere near Wilber.

It is extremely unlikely that human trafficking has anything to do with her disappearance. It is pretty much an urban legend that ordinary women are just snatched off America’s streets and forced into sex work.

There is certainly reason to be concern that she had become a victim of a sexual predator. We no very little about her activities that day so it is hard to gage what her risks might have been.

People do voluntarily take off for any number of reasons. Leaving her car, her cat and her phone behind and not accessing her credit card or bank account argue against this but do not rule it out entirely.

Unfortunately, from what is known, the most likely explanation is that she died of a Drug Overdose and her body was concealed by the person/people she was with.

U

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a lot of information that Law Enforcement is withholding. We know that Sydney had a date Thursday night with the woman she had gone out the first time with the day before. We do not know if she actually went on that date. We know her phone last pinged in Wilber near the High School there and a search has been conducted of a particular house there. We do not know why that house was searched, what they were looking for or if they found anything.

Law Enforcement has acknowledged that they have spoken to the woman Sydney had the date with but they have not disclosed if they actually met that evening, if that woman lives or otherwise has links to Wilber or Saline County and that particular house and, most importantly, they have not officially ruled her out.

One news account refers to the last ping occurring at night but it was not in the firm of a direct quote so I can not be sure it is accurate. The time of the ping would be an important piece of information.

From what I can tell, Wilber is a very small town Forty miles from Lincoln. There have been reports that there is not any known reason Sydney would have been in Wilber. She is from Neligh Nb, which is nowhere near Wilber.

It is extremely unlikely that human trafficking has anything to do with her disappearance. It is pretty much an urban legend that ordinary women are just snatched off America’s streets and forced into sex work.

There is certainly reason to be concern that she had become a victim of a sexual predator. We no very little about her activities that day so it is hard to gage what her risks might have been.

People do voluntarily take off for any number of reasons. Leaving her car, her cat and her phone behind and not accessing her credit card or bank account argue against this but do not rule it out entirely.

Unfortunately, from what is known, the most likely explanation is that she died of a Drug Overdose and her body was concealed by the person/people she was with.

U

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilber is an extremely small town. It is known for the Czech festival yearly but that’s usually in the late spring, early summer. I have to assume there was some connection to Wilber somehow as you don’t just “accidentally” end up in Wilber from Lincoln.

I live in Lincoln and usually with bigger events or stories like this you start to hear rumors fairly quickly. I have heard nothing. The story is being talked about and I’m so thankful that it is, but I really haven’t heard much of anything about who she was with or speculation about what has happened, which is kind of unusual.

I’m sadly beginning to lose hope that she’s alive, but I’m so hoping that I’m wrong. From all accounts she comes from the most loving family and was very well liked. Had a good job, a lot of friends. Such a sad situation.

Edited because apparently I’m having problems typing today!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilber is an extremely small town. It is known for the Czech festival yearly but that’s usually in the late spring, early summer. I have to assume there was some connection to Wilber somehow as you don’t just “accidentally” end up in Wilber from Lincoln.

Do you know if Wilber has any reputation for being able to purchase drugs/substances? Coming from a farm town, I know they sometimes get reps for certain things such as this. Most small towns do not that I have found, but every once in awhile I have come across one that has a rumor mill that points in that direction. I know several years ago MN LE agencies were finding meth labs on old farms across the whole state. Every once in awhile I still hear this practice is popping up here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper