Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is frustrating :/ I really hope LE makes some progress. Prayers to her family.

Just my opinion, but I think that LE has spoken to the date and may have suspicions but are keeping those close to the vest. So many times I have seen the old "We've spoken to so-and-so and they are cooperating fully and are not a suspect at this time" and then we find out they were actually suspect number one all along, but LE was loosening the noose, so to speak.
No particular reason that I am saying this, but just my thoughts here.

I wish we knew more about the timeline. When was she supposed to actually go on the date? It was in the evening, right?
What time was the snap sent?
What time was she sighted in Wilbur?
They say she was sighted there, but they haven't mentioned if she was sighted alone, have they?

LE is holding back a lot, if you ask me. If she was sighted, was she just seen wandering about? Getting out of a vehicle? Walking with other people/a person? Sitting in a car? Buying something at a coffee shop or convenience store?
I have a million questions about this case!!

If you go by the snapchat, it was a friend. Otherwise I think it was a coworker. IMO

Thank you.

So i’m wondering about the sighting in Wilbur? Surly it would have to be someone who knew her.

Just because her phoned pinged there doesn’t mean she was as we know phones could be with someone else.

Just my opinion, but I think that LE has spoken to the date and may have suspicions but are keeping those close to the vest. So many times I have seen the old "We've spoken to so-and-so and they are cooperating fully and are not a suspect at this time" and then we find out they were actually suspect number one all along, but LE was loosening the noose, so to speak.
No particular reason that I am saying this, but just my thoughts here.

I wish we knew more about the timeline. When was she supposed to actually go on the date? It was in the evening, right?
What time was the snap sent?
What time was she sighted in Wilbur?
They say she was sighted there, but they haven't mentioned if she was sighted alone, have they?

LE is holding back a lot, if you ask me. If she was sighted, was she just seen wandering about? Getting out of a vehicle? Walking with other people/a person? Sitting in a car? Buying something at a coffee shop or convenience store?
I have a million questions about this case!!

I am 100% agreeing with everything you say.
I really hope this girl will turn up okay but I don’t have a good feeling.

Lots of speculation. Could be their granddaughter or niece or nothing to do with them at all.

She may not have met with her date. She could have been abducted from her parking lot near her car. Hoping her date told LE something helpful.

If that’s the case then why would her phones last ping have been in Wilbur, the exact same town the date lived in? Seems to me she MADE it to Wilbur and not in her own vehicle obviously.

Hopefully LE have pulled information from all cameras remotely associated with the address they have in Wilbur. I’m fairly certain the answers are going to be found there.

If she had taken an Uber, then we would have known it by now.
If it was a genuine Uber driver, LE would probably know by now, but I'm not sure that we would. Some people on craigslist are basically underground Uber-like drivers.

If that’s the case then why would her phones last ping have been in Wilbur, the exact same town the date lived in? Seems to me she MADE it to Wilbur and not in her own vehicle obviously.

Wait. The date lives in Wilbur? I thought her family said they had no idea WHY she would have been in Wilbur. If the date lives there, wouldn't the family be saying: "If it weren't for this date living there, she would have no other reason to be in Wilbur."
???
Sorry if I've missed this is this was discussed previously!

Has there been any verification that her “date” lived in Wilber ( or anywhere else)?

Also, I can find no media information to the effect that she took an Uber ( or any other commercial transport) to Wilber or anywhere else. Is there some basis for this or is it just speculation?

Also, has there been any verification that she was actually seen in Wilber?

The situation appears to be that she met someone online who she had a good time with on their first date and she was all excited about going out again on Nov 15th. She then appears to have disappeared that day. That “date” has been contacted by Law Enforcement and has provide an explanation. She ( presumably a she) was not arrested but neither was she formally or informally “cleared”. They are probably checking out her story as a part of the investigation.

We know her phone pinged in Wilber; near the high school. Somehow a specific house in Wilber was the focus of the investigation. I don’t believe a ping can be narrowed down to one particular house. There must be some other reason she had been linked to that house.

We don’t know anything else about the ping record of the phone including the times of the ping in Wilber and when it was shut down. If the “date” claims that the date never happened and is able to provide an alibi for the time Sydney’s phone was pinging in Wilber, we can expect her to be cleared and the investigation to focus on who Sydney might have gone to Wilber with. If the date did happen or if the “date” has ties to Wilber, we can assume she is the focus of the investigation.

I think it’s also possible, since her car was still at her home, that the date had nothing to do with her disappearance. She could have been taken or disappeared independent of the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any verification that her “date” lived in Wilber ( or anywhere else)?

Also, I can find no media information to the effect that she took an Uber ( or any other commercial transport) to Wilber or anywhere else. Is there some basis for this or is it just speculation?

Also, has there been any verification that she was actually seen in Wilber?

The situation appears to be that she met someone online who she had a good time with on their first date and she was all excited about going out again on Nov 15th. She then appears to have disappeared that day. That “date” has been contacted by Law Enforcement and has provide an explanation. She ( presumably a she) was not arrested but neither was she formally or informally “cleared”. They are probably checking out her story as a part of the investigation.

We know her phone pinged in Wilber; near the high school. Somehow a specific house in Wilber was the focus of the investigation. I don’t believe a ping can be narrowed down to one particular house. There must be some other reason she had been linked to that house.

We don’t know anything else about the ping record of the phone including the times of the ping in Wilber and when it was shut down. If the “date” claims that the date never happened and is able to provide an alibi for the time Sydney’s phone was pinging in Wilber, we can expect her to be cleared and the investigation to focus on who Sydney might have gone to Wilber with. If the date did happen or if the “date” has ties to Wilber, we can assume she is the focus of the investigation.
The Chief of Police of Lincoln said in a radio interview that Sydney was seen in Wilber.

I think it’s also possible, since her car was still at her home, that the date had nothing to do with her disappearance. She could have been taken or disappeared independent of the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is why the key information in this case is whether the date occurred and if so where they went and when it ended. If it didn't happened Sydney could have disappeared before and if it did happen she could have disappeared just after. One other thing is that after the first date Sydney was in communication with a friend telling her how well she thought it went so I would expect she might communicate with that same friend after the second one if it happened. So this has me thinking that Sydney either disappeared prior to the date or during.

At this point LE should have not only her phone records from her carrier but cell tower information from both the Lincoln area and Wilber areas. They should be able to identify any co-located phones to try and identify anyone that was with Sydney at any point.

Do we know that her date lives in Wilbur?

I'm super curious as to why LE searched that particular house.

LINCOLN, Neb. – Lincoln police and Saline County Sheriff’s deputies were investigating near a home in Wilber Sunday night in connection with the disappearance of Sydney Loofe, 24, of Lincoln.

Loofe last had contact with friends and family on November 15th. Police say she sent a Snapchat about being excited for a date.

Loofe was reported missing the next day. Police say her phone was last pinged in Wilber before it was powered off.

Wilber residents tell 10/11 Now that police had been investigating throughout the City much of the day, but the police presence was heaviest around a home near the 600 block of W. 7th Street, near the high school in Wilber Sunday night.

Police would not give any detail on their investigation, other than to say it was in connection with the missing person.

BBM How did she get to Wilber? I guess I thought it was with her "date" and thought I had read that in the news but I haven't been able to locate what I thought I read.

LINCOLN, Neb. – Lincoln police and Saline County Sheriff’s deputies were investigating near a home in Wilber Sunday night in connection with the disappearance of Sydney Loofe, 24, of Lincoln.

Loofe last had contact with friends and family on November 15th. Police say she sent a Snapchat about being excited for a date.

Loofe was reported missing the next day. Police say her phone was last pinged in Wilber before it was powered off.

Wilber residents tell 10/11 Now that police had been investigating throughout the City much of the day, but the police presence was heaviest around a home near the 600 block of W. 7th Street, near the high school in Wilber Sunday night.

Police would not give any detail on their investigation, other than to say it was in connection with the missing person.

BBM How did she get to Wilber? I guess I thought it was with her "date" and thought I had read that in the news but I haven't been able to locate what I thought I read.

It is confusing. I just read another article that has the LE NOT confirming they did talk to her date... so not sure what to think. http://www.myantelopecountynews.com/neligh/police-looking-into-possible-sightings-of-sydney-loofe

That website is from her family's hometown area of Neligh, NE and has many articles, including one about the Loofes getting hacked since this all started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper