Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested in what others think about this case. It appears to me that the wheels of justice seem to be moving VERY slowly for Sydney.

Do you think this case is SO convoluted with multiple parties involved that LE is still investigating and going over evidence to build an air tight case for trial?

Or do you think that this case at risk for becoming a cold case?

Its not a cold case. Just a long wait while le collects and builds rick solid case. They are both in jail and not going anywhere so there is plenty of time. Leaking any info can help defense.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Sharing a Google Alert:

Judge to determine if Trail's statements were made voluntarily
http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Aubrey-Trail-to-appear-in-federal-court-480351353.html

LINCOLN, Neb. - Aubrey Trail, a person of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe, appeared in court on Friday morning.

Trail appeared before a judge in Federal Court in Lincoln, and his attorney, the prosecutor in the case, and a federal judge met for an hour.

The court is working to determine if statements Trail made in November regarding a federal fraud case were made voluntarily.

The judge will now take it under advisement.
[.....]
The case is now headed for a 5-day trial for both Trail and Bailey Boswell, and it is scheduled to begin on May 14.

Sharing a Google Alert:

Judge to determine if Trail's statements were made voluntarily
http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Aubrey-Trail-to-appear-in-federal-court-480351353.html

LINCOLN, Neb. - Aubrey Trail, a person of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe, appeared in court on Friday morning.

Trail appeared before a judge in Federal Court in Lincoln, and his attorney, the prosecutor in the case, and a federal judge met for an hour.

The court is working to determine if statements Trail made in November regarding a federal fraud case were made voluntarily.

The judge will now take it under advisement.
[.....]
The case is now headed for a 5-day trial for both Trail and Bailey Boswell, and it is scheduled to begin on May 14.

AT's actions shows that he's treating the fraud case and Sydney's case like it's all a game to him. I was very surprised to read in the March 28th court document, that AT was offered a plea deal in the fraud case.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6254543/72/united-states-v-trail/

I know these deals are often used to save time and money but where evidence is really solid they seem unnecessary, imo. And here we are now reading about a potential lack of usable evidence. I wonder if there will be yet another plea deal offered to him.

I suppose the approach and tactics used by AT in the fraud case does provide a glimpse into possible tactics used in future cases and this might help investigators and the prosecution. That is, if and when charges are filed regarding SL's murder. Then I have to wonder, just how possible is it that it could result in something as minimal as manslaughter? Surely nobody believes the nonsense of SL being a willing participant in any of that fantasy stuff. However, it all comes down to what evidence exists and can be used to prove otherwise. I am also very curious if AT's strange tactics are actually his own or if he does them under advisement of his attorney.

another article - sharing:

Aubrey Trail contests statements he gave while questioned about Sydney Loofe case
http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/aub...cle_1664fbc8-0a4a-56b4-91ab-d618a6a620bc.html

LINCOLN — Aubrey Trail was back in federal court Friday, this time contesting statements he gave to authorities after he was initially apprehended for questioning in connection with the disappearance of Sydney Loofe.
[.....]
The investigator testified several times that Trail’s comments during the interview were voluntary, and that Trail never once asked to talk to an attorney or asked for the questioning to stop.
[.....]
U.S. Magistrate Cheryl Zwart said Friday that she will rule later on whether to allow Trail’s interview on Nov. 30 as evidence at the trial.

Heads up - in court today!!

Change of Plea hearing for Bailey Boswell today
http://www.1011now.com/video?vid=482044001

Bailey Boswell, a person of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe has a change of plea hearing today at 2 p.m. She's expected to appear in court on federal fraud charges. Aubrey Trail is also scheduled to be in court.

Well this is weird - is it not like 10 or 11am in Nebraska? Boswell was in court this morning this article says:

Bailey Boswell enters plea in federal fraud case
http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_697e62af-672f-5318-84bf-a1519da14454.html

One of two people considered persons of interest in the disappearance and death of Sydney Loofe has entered a plea in an unrelated federal fraud case.
[.....]
We’re here because I’ve been told you want to enter a plea. Is that true?” U.S. Magistrate Judge Cheryl Zwart asked the 24-year-old in the morning hearing in a fifth-floor courtroom in Lincoln.

“Yes, ma’am,” Boswell said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven Russell said in exchange for her plea, he would dismiss the remaining nine counts in the indictment.....
[.....]
When Russell finished, the judge asked Boswell if what he said was true and if she knew Trail.

“Yes, ma’am,” Boswell answered to both.
[.....]
“Ms. Boswell, do you want this court to accept your plea of guilty?” Zwart asked.

“Yes, ma’am,” Boswell said again.
[.....]
Trail is set to be in the same court this afternoon to enter a plea in the same case.

Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine at her sentencing in August.

I'm going to guess that Aubrey's hearing is at 2pm then....

One down, one to go - and then onto getting them charged for Sydney's death!!!

Boswell, appearing in U.S. District Court in Lincoln, pleaded guilty to one of the 14 counts. She is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 3.

Officials with the FBI and the Lancaster County Attorney's Office have said the investigation into Loofe's death is continuing.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/bai...cle_0d38f05c-6293-592a-a9e7-ee3eeb6abe93.html

Court records show Bailey Boswell entered the plea Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Lincoln. Prosecutors agreed to drop several other counts in return. Sentencing is set for Aug. 3.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/38139548/...scam-unrelated-to-slaying-of-neligh-neb-woman

Thanks for the exact sentencing date JerseyGirl! :wave:

So - it's about noon in Nebraska, right? Trail at 2pm? Let me look and see if I anyone that's tweeted on this case....

edited to add: Nope no tweeters!

Aubrey Trail did the same as Bailey Boswell and has pleaded guilty to one count of the fraud charges. His sentencing date is also August 3rd.

[FONT=&quot]Both Trail and Boswell agreed to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts, each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine or both. U.S. Magistrate Judge Cheryl Zwart also told Trail it was likely that he would be required to pay restitution to the victims of their scheme.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Trail and Boswell are scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 3.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, federal and state authorities say the investigation into the death of Loofe, who worked at a Lincoln Menard's store, is continuing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Last week, an FBI spokesman said he had no idea when the investigation into Loofe's death would be completed.[/FONT]

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aub...cle_0d38f05c-6293-592a-a9e7-ee3eeb6abe93.html

Heads up - in court today!!

Change of Plea hearing for Bailey Boswell today
http://www.1011now.com/video?vid=482044001

Bailey Boswell, a person of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe has a change of plea hearing today at 2 p.m. She's expected to appear in court on federal fraud charges. Aubrey Trail is also scheduled to be in court.

I wish Bailey would do the same as Aubrey, and admit her part in Sydney’s death. So frustrating. I’ve followed this case since day one, mainly because it’s about 2 hours from me. The bogus YouTube videos are still stuck in my head. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summary:

Tuesday, May 8th:
*Plea Change Hearing (@ 2pm CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017/found Dec. 4, 2017) - for Aubrey C. Trail (51) indicted with 14 counts of Federal fraud, has plead not guilty ($400K gold scam). AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney-a POI in Sydney's case.
Had hearing on 3/7/18 - AT wants to rep himself, potential sentence would be 280 years in prison. Judge postponed ruling.
Aubrey Trail agreed to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts, each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.
for Bailey M. Boswell (23) indicted on 14 counts of Federal fraud, has plead not guilty ($400K gold scam) arrested & charged with transportation of stolen goods, securities, moneys, state tax stamps or articles used in aiding and abetting these types of crimes across State lines (Federal Charge); Boswell appeared in court on 12/7/17 & Trail on 12/8/17; flight risks will remain in Federal custody.
5/8/18: Boswell pleads guilty in fraud case; in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 14 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine at her sentencing on August 3rd.

:judge:

Dear Websleuths Members,

WE ARE MOVING!

If you have ever used the blogs on Websleuths and you want to keep what you wrote you will need to copy your blog posts ASAP. When we move to our new software the blog posts will not transfer over. I'm very sorry but there is nothing we can do. We tried but alas, you will lose your blog posts if you do not save them before we move.

Monday, May 21[SUP]st[/SUP] at around 7:00 AM Eastern Websleuths will go down for hopefully no more than 48 hours. When we come back up, Websleuths will have a brand new look!

You can discuss the move RIGHT HERE if you like.

While we are down please check the Websleuths FACEBOOK PAGE and TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR UPDATES ON THE MOVE AND INFO ON THE LATEST BREAKING TRUE CRIME.

Thank you,
Tricia

Hi Shiressleuth! Well, they won't be going anywhere but jail/prison, so I believe the LE will put together a case against both of them. Trail did say he suffocated Sydney, so there HAS be some kind of charge!!

It is taking forever and ever to get to the root of this. Halfway through a year now. Why must justice take so long? I have so many questions unanswered. So many speculations I would like settled in my brain. Aubrey must have made some sort of convuluted mess for it to take this long for a solid case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim