Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the grocery store when my phone went crazy from the breaking news alerts. We’re getting some nasty weather here tonight but I’m hoping it doesn’t get so bad that they still have a chance to talk about it on the 10 o’clock news, although with it being sealed I doubt we’ll learn much...

I was at the grocery store when my phone went crazy from the breaking news alerts. We’re getting some nasty weather here tonight but I’m hoping it doesn’t get so bad that they still have a chance to talk about it on the 10 o’clock news, although with it being sealed I doubt we’ll learn much...
I doubt there will be much learned as well. Probably won't learn any more tomorrow either.

Finally!

Despite Trail's statements, state prosecutors kept mum about the investigation until Attorney General Doug Peterson's office released a statement Monday just before 5 p.m. saying his office had charged Trail and Boswell with first-degree murder and improper disposal of human skeletal remains.

Aubrey Trail, Bailey Boswell charged in Sydney Loofe's death

Is "skeletal remains" just a standard way of referring to a body? She obviously wouldn't have been skeletonized after just a few weeks.

Is there a different newspaper carrying this story? I can't get into this Journal Star - blocked by the EU.

And yes FINALLY!

If anyone sees any court date hearings - please post! :)

Tuesday, June 12th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 11am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017; found Dec. 4, 2017) - Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney”.
5/8/18: Aubrey Trail agreed to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts of Federal fraud, each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.
for Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains.
5/8/18: Boswell pleads guilty in Federal fraud case; in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 13 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine at her sentencing on August 3rd.
6/11/18 Update: Attorney General Doug Peterson's office released a statement Monday just before 5 p.m. saying his office had charged Trail and Boswell with first-degree murder and improper disposal of human skeletal remains.

He won't be reported now he's been charged will he? It could taint a jury or jeopardize the trial surely?

Finally...holy cows. was beginning to wonder what the heck was happening.

now how long till AT gives his next jailhouse interview??? my guess is tomorrow.

He won't be reported now he's been charged will he? It could taint a jury or jeopardize the trial surely?

I would think they wouldn’t but the news here last night replayed his phone call where he said he did it. What’s the process for a change of venue? There is not one person in this area that doesn’t already know they did it.

Another thing I was thinking about is the first degree murder charge. Nebraska just voted back in the death penalty and I’m not sure we have ever had a woman on death row. Wonder if they will make this a death penalty case?

Trail and Boswell were scheduled to make their first appearance in Saline County Court on Tuesday at 11 a.m.

6 months after Sydney Loofe's death, Aubrey Trail, Bailey Boswell charged with her murder

gaah-smiley.gif
I hate this new rule they just passed here...

451: Unavailable for legal reasons
We recognise you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore cannot grant you access at this time. For any issues, e-mail us at webmaster@omaha.com or call us at 402-444-1000.

I've started to get a LOT of these messages from U.S. newspapers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jess81jess