NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It makes me think a couple of things:

1. There's evidence or details, etc. about the events surrounding Tyler's disappearance that LE hasn't released to the public
2. The person who wrote the anonymous letter to Crime Stoppers provided relevant information that isn't known to the public, so LE believes they may know more.

If the letter writer could share information about where to find Tyler if he was deceased, why wouldn't they just contact LE directly? Not trying to sleuth them, but am trying to figure out what kind of info they might have and a possible reason for keeping their identity protected.
The handwritten letter is either bizarre or brilliant.

I hope it was written by someone who knew online tips could be traced.

IMHO
If someone used to do drugs with Tyler, I can see them wanting to help the investigation without incriminating themselves. It seems Tyler's reputation is heavily guarded on the search Facebook page and unfavorable comments are being deleted, so any tipster info regarding drug use would be publicly challenged by his family. I certainly would want to stay anonymous.

And why now, almost 3 months after he went missing? I'd think a person with any info would have come forth before this. I wonder why their delay in doing so?

They are scared of MV, imo.

Anonymous was concerned it would get back to MV as to who provided context to LE.

MV is still around. TG is gone without a trace. Nothing to be afraid from TG.

all imo

IMO most people would probably not want their names associated with a high profile case.

If this letter is someone just trying to do the right thing, that's very respectable. Hopefully they will contact LE again as requested. Maybe they can continue to remain anonymous by contacting LE through an attorney or a priest/pastor or similar. JMO.

The handwritten letter is either bizarre or brilliant.

I hope it was written by someone who knew online tips could be traced.

IMHO
If someone used to do drugs with Tyler, I can see them wanting to help the investigation without incriminating themselves. It seems Tyler's reputation is heavily guarded on the search Facebook page and unfavorable comments are being deleted, so any tipster info regarding drug use would be publicly challenged by his family. I certainly would want to stay anonymous.
Tyler was quite an athlete, a competitive, long distance runner. I doubt he was doing much, if any, drugs. People who are maintaining that level of fitness are very in tune with their body and don't like to smoke or use drugs. It can really work against you and the effects are pretty noticeable, e.g. even taking over the counter cold medicine. JMO

ETA: It would not be the first case we've followed here where persons unknown use social media to make false accusations against someone who is no longer around to defend themselves. JMO

Last edited:
IMO most people would probably not want their names associated with a high profile case.

If this letter is someone just trying to do the right thing, that's very respectable. Hopefully they will contact LE again as requested. Maybe they can continue to remain anonymous by contacting LE through an attorney or a priest/pastor or similar. JMO.
Agree. I also wondered if it could be a person who saw someone hit him with their car or something like that, a witness that saw something at the time but wasn't certain.

Run a local marathon or a half marathon and you will see people vaping weed pens on the course. Plenty of long distance runners, drink or use marijuana.

Tyler was quite an athlete, a competitive, long distance runner. I doubt he was doing much, if any, drugs. People who are maintaining that level of fitness are very in tune with their body and don't like to smoke or use drugs. It can really work against you and the effects are pretty noticeable, e.g. even taking over the counter cold medicine. JMO

ETA: It would not be the first case we've followed here where persons unknown use social media to make false accusations against someone who is no longer around to defend themselves. JMO

Speaking very generally and not specific to TG: athletes and long-distance runners likely have a similar rate of drug and tobacco use as the general public. You might find it helpful to research the Olympic Villages, as one example. The idea that excellent endurance and recreational drug use are mutually exclusive is, respectfully, naive.

- “First: yes, lots of ultrarunners smoke (or eat) pot. That story has been making headlines for a few years now, with lots of debate about whether it’s actually a performance-enhancer for ultrarunners or whether it just feels that way.” Are Ultrarunners Really Doping?

- Tobacco Use Still Prevalent Among Professional Athletes - Global Sport Matters

Speaking very generally and not specific to TG: athletes and long-distance runners likely have a similar rate of drug and tobacco use as the general public. You might find it helpful to research the Olympic Villages, as one example. The idea that excellent endurance and recreational drug use are mutually exclusive is, respectfully, naive.

- “First: yes, lots of ultrarunners smoke (or eat) pot. That story has been making headlines for a few years now, with lots of debate about whether it’s actually a performance-enhancer for ultrarunners or whether it just feels that way.” Are Ultrarunners Really Doping?

- Tobacco Use Still Prevalent Among Professional Athletes - Global Sport Matters
First hand knowledge of Los Angeles Olympic Village in 1984 and the athletes participation in all of the above.

Run a local marathon or a half marathon and you will see people vaping weed pens on the course. Plenty of long distance runners, drink or use marijuana.
I used to run half marathons, but never saw anyone vaping. Yes, runners drink beer, etc.

I stumbled across this case and thread yesterday - after reading all 30+ pages in addition to some outside research, I'm fully down the rabbit hole and have no idea where the exit is at this point. Here are some of my thoughts, worth exactly what y'all have paid for them.

The Anonymous Letter​

Timeline
  • 12/21/23 ("on or around") - LCSO receives an anonymous handwritten letter regarding the case.
  • 01/30/24 - Tyler's sister appeals to the writer of the letter via the official Let's Find Tyler Goodrich Facebook page, asking them to reach out so follow-up questions can be asked. The post indicates the letter was was sent "on or around 12/21/23".
  • 01/31/24 - LCSO holds a morning news briefing regarding the anonymous letter.
LCSO Briefing Summary
  • LCSO is following up on leads "on a daily basis"
  • The letter was provided to LCSO via Crime Stoppers
  • LCSO does not know the exact date the letter was sent
  • How was the letter was sent with no return address?
    • "I don't know where it came from or how it got here and that's the beauty behind the Crime Stoppers program"
    • No confirmation the letter did/did not have a return address (seems like an assumption the questioner made)
  • Why does this letter stand out from other tips?
    • "We'd like to be able to interact with them and we can't with a paper letter"
    • Phone and online tips "allow interaction to ask additional questions, clarify, and verify tip information"
  • Will LCSO be going back out to search again?
    • "We'll always go and follow up on tips if there is something specific to an area that may need to be checked, but we don't have any plans to do any broad searches at this time"
  • Why are they trying to find the writer now, when the letter was received a month ago?
    • "We've tried other ways to reach out and figure out who this person is but unfortunately we're just stuck"
  • Were the contents of the letter shared with the family?
    • Will not disclose yes/no or discuss contents of the letter
  • "This tip didn't necessarily provide us with any additional information to move us closer to finding Tyler but nonetheless we do want to be able to interact with that person to see if they do maybe have additional information that might be helpful to law enforcement in our attempts to locate Tyler"
  • "I just want to be clear: Even if we identify who the person is and have a conversation with them it may not lead us closer to locating Tyler, but we treat every tip seriously and we want to be able to thoroughly investigate it"
  • Family and friends asked LCSO if they could post about the letter on social media
    • "They don't need our permission to do so but they want to protect the integrity of the investigation"
    • "We don't know if there is a criminal element to this"
My Opinion / Thoughts on the Letter
  • The letter does not contain information regarding Tyler's whereabouts
  • The information in the letter appears credible enough to warrant verification
  • The primary reason the letter seems significant is because LE cannot follow up on it due the mechanism of submission

Overall Thoughts​

• I think Tyler ran from the house through the backyard to avoid police, not because he was in fear of his husband or anyone else, and this is also why he turned his phone off
  • What happened from there - I'm not sure, but the most likely outcomes IMO are Tyler either had an accident or self-harmed and is sadly no longer alive
  • I don't think Marshall harmed Tyler

I stumbled across this case and thread yesterday - after reading all 30+ pages in addition to some outside research, I'm fully down the rabbit hole and have no idea where the exit is at this point. Here are some of my thoughts, worth exactly what y'all have paid for them.

The Anonymous Letter​

Timeline
  • 12/21/23 ("on or around") - LCSO receives an anonymous handwritten letter regarding the case.
  • 01/30/24 - Tyler's sister appeals to the writer of the letter via the official Let's Find Tyler Goodrich Facebook page, asking them to reach out so follow-up questions can be asked. The post indicates the letter was was sent "on or around 12/21/23".
  • 01/31/24 - LCSO holds a morning news briefing regarding the anonymous letter.
LCSO Briefing Summary
  • LCSO is following up on leads "on a daily basis"
  • The letter was provided to LCSO via Crime Stoppers
  • LCSO does not know the exact date the letter was sent
  • How was the letter was sent with no return address?
    • "I don't know where it came from or how it got here and that's the beauty behind the Crime Stoppers program"
    • No confirmation the letter did/did not have a return address (seems like an assumption the questioner made)
  • Why does this letter stand out from other tips?
    • "We'd like to be able to interact with them and we can't with a paper letter"
    • Phone and online tips "allow interaction to ask additional questions, clarify, and verify tip information"
  • Will LCSO be going back out to search again?
    • "We'll always go and follow up on tips if there is something specific to an area that may need to be checked, but we don't have any plans to do any broad searches at this time"
  • Why are they trying to find the writer now, when the letter was received a month ago?
    • "We've tried other ways to reach out and figure out who this person is but unfortunately we're just stuck"
  • Were the contents of the letter shared with the family?
    • Will not disclose yes/no or discuss contents of the letter
  • "This tip didn't necessarily provide us with any additional information to move us closer to finding Tyler but nonetheless we do want to be able to interact with that person to see if they do maybe have additional information that might be helpful to law enforcement in our attempts to locate Tyler"
  • "I just want to be clear: Even if we identify who the person is and have a conversation with them it may not lead us closer to locating Tyler, but we treat every tip seriously and we want to be able to thoroughly investigate it"
  • Family and friends asked LCSO if they could post about the letter on social media
    • "They don't need our permission to do so but they want to protect the integrity of the investigation"
    • "We don't know if there is a criminal element to this"
My Opinion / Thoughts on the Letter
  • The letter does not contain information regarding Tyler's whereabouts
  • The information in the letter appears credible enough to warrant verification
  • The primary reason the letter seems significant is because LE cannot follow up on it due the mechanism of submission

Overall Thoughts​

• I think Tyler ran from the house through the backyard to avoid police, not because he was in fear of his husband or anyone else, and this is also why he turned his phone off
  • What happened from there - I'm not sure, but the most likely outcomes IMO are Tyler either had an accident or self-harmed and is sadly no longer alive
  • I don't think Marshall harmed Tyler

Welcome and thanks for your input!

I also think the person who wrote the letter can be of help to the investigation. While they've probably received a lot of tips, they're focusing on this person because they have information of value. Logically, that could mean the letter writer told them something that they knew, but that the general public didn't.

I hope LE is able to get in touch with this person and that they can be of assistance. JMO, the fact that Tyler's family and friends are feeling hopeful is a good sign.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back