Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a theory, it's a fact that neither Colborn nor Lenk were being sued.

The fact is is SA was going to sue for 36Million, some people may lose their careers. Sorry, this is how it works - human nature. JMO

I've seen it said a lot that he has no motive, why would he want to go back to prison, he's about to get paid handsomely, etc. This paints a different picture of the man.

Are you saying money got to his head? I don't think so. It's called he lawyered up, and, he would of settled (like he did) for 400K.

Believe whatever conspiracy you like on here, but that's not how it works in the courtroom, and that's why Steven Avery is locked up and going nowhere.

Do you work with LE? Again, a lot of use here on WS are true crime fanatics. How can we be wrong? Do you not believe there is such thing as corruptness? I am not trying to be defensive, but, if the LE cannot account for multiple things mentioned, then how do we know they are being truthful? Is is tunnel vision? IDK.

Sounds like the state of Wisconsin is full of incompetent people in positions of power/authority.

Would he fit more in the crooked and deceitful group with Wiegert and Assbender, Kratz, Kachinsky and O'Kelly?

...or in the "I'm just plain dumb and don't recall when,how and why I even got this job" group like Air Head Colborn?

:happydance:

Because Brendan was an easy target, simple. HE was the person who can get bullied around.

JMO

Yup just like poor kids in the Central Park jogger case. In 1989 Victim was brutitaly raped and nearly murdered while jogging. Police brought in 5 teenage boys -14-16yo in for questioning lasting up to 30 hours, all confessed to taking part in the crime. Parents sometimes would be present. Then in 2002 when a convicted rapist, Mathias Reyes, admitted to the crime. DNA results proved It was Reyes. These poor kids.
(Happened in Chicago to)

Yup just like poor kids in the Central Park jogger case. In 1989 Victim was brutitaly raped and nearly murdered while jogging. Police brought in 5 teenage boys -14-16yo in for questioning lasting up to 30 hours, all confessed to taking part in the crime. Parents sometimes would be present. Then in 2002 when a convicted rapist, Mathias Reyes, admitted to the crime. DNA results proved It was Reyes. These poor kids.
(Happened in Chicago to)

The Central Park Five- Donald Trump spent 180k taking out ads calling for NY to bring back the death penalty to put these kids to death.

I looked at the documentary and viewed it in a larger context. I am not debating whether or not SA is guilty or innocent. I am looking at the manipulation, coercion, sense of impropriety, the blue wall of silence, corruption, poor investigative techniques, questionable evidence etc.

What is shocking to me is that this happened in this day and age and I viewed the footage with my own eyes. I can no longer plead ignorance that this does not happen in cities and towns all across this country. I am angry at those men for railroading Brendon into a seemingly false confession when they should have realized he needed counsel or support in there.

I don't know for certain that there was justice for Teresa and her family. It almost seems as though she was an afterthought to the Prosecutor and LE. At minimum, I hope those that are in the position to evaluate what happened here, that have no agenda, can look at this with fresh eyes. IMOO

I looked at the documentary and viewed it in a larger context. I am not debating whether or not SA is guilty or innocent. I am looking at the manipulation, coercion, sense of impropriety, the blue wall of silence, corruption, poor investigative techniques, questionable evidence etc.

What is shocking to me is that this happened in this day and age and I viewed the footage with my own eyes. I can no longer plead ignorance that this does not happen in cities and towns all across this country. I am angry at those men for railroading Brendon into a seemingly false confession when they should have realized he needed counsel or support in there.

I don't know for certain that there was justice for Teresa and her family. It almost seems as though she was an afterthought to the Prosecutor and LE. At minimum, I hope those that are in the position to evaluate what happened here, that have no agenda, can look at this with fresh eyes. IMOO

Well said, Zuri. Amen.

Thanks this is interesting. I wonder if anyone can think of another murder case where the boyfriend/ex-boyfriend who was still apparently involved in her life - was not considered AT ALL as a suspect? From day one it was SA and only SA all day every day -

Sixty-four percent of the women killed every year are murdered by family members or lovers. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/domestic-violence-murder-stats

LOL, just check out Scott's failed presidential run, that'll give you plenty of great material to make your own judgment. He's corrupt and dumb, but that is JMO of course. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where were you during the recall effort?

So, can we make a poll here?

I am not here to plead innocence for SA. I am here because it is clear to me that some LE agencies (including FBI) are covering their arses, and the reasons are easy as it just does not make sense. ( as JJ would say).

I am not here to plead innocence for SA. I am here because it is clear to me that some LE agencies (including FBI) are covering their arses, and the reasons are easy as it just does not make sense. ( as JJ would say).

I agree -New trial -something's smells with this whole thing.

1.Guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt)
2.Guilty (Not Proven)
3.Not Guilty (reasonable doubt)
4.Innocent (Beyond a reasonable doubt)

It would seem the general consensus of this thread lies somewhere between 2 & 3 (but closer to 3)
The original thread consensus looks to be between 1 & 2 (and way closer to 1 than 2)

Mam sure (1) Changed a lot of people's opinion and/or (2) The vast majority of those "new" to the case just simply believe that SA is Not Guilty.

Where were you during the recall effort?

I signed countless petitions, protested at the capitol in Madison and volunteered for Barrett's campaign during both his runs against Walker. During his re-election (when he ran against Burke) I was registered to vote in Illinois. Would have given anything to see the look on his face when he lost in the recall, am still sad I did not get that opportunity. That being said, to try and stay on topic and put party politics aside, I think everyone can agree he will do nothing to help Avery or his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18