New allegations: Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:furious: I just hope that this dose not come in the future and cause Casey to get out of her charges for ineffective counsel. IMO if this is not investigated by the "bar" it will be an excuse for an appeal if Casey is found guilty IMO.

Baez broke the rules. They are rules that all attorney's are to abide by. I really doubt that there are many attorney's out there that would risk their reputation and their right to practice law "By Breaking This Simple Rule". The rule was put in place for a reason...and not to break it.

The defense has admitted to "Breaking the Rules" with their statement.
They admit Casey wrote the letters and gave their reason as to why.

A sign clearly states that "Attorneys are not authorized to convey to an inmate any written communication of a personal nature."
So, yes Baez broke the rules, Casey wrote and received letters, and the defense have admitted to it IMO through his presser, so is anyone going to do anything about it is the question? :furious:

"Snip" http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23085002/detail.html

Baez has declined comment since the letters were released.
A legal team for Anthony on Tuesday released a statement that said in part, "The letters released today reflect the natural desire for companionship when isolated for 23 hours a day, and clearly demonstrate Casey's unconditional love for her daughter Caylee.
Despite these intentions, it is obvious in the letters authored by Robyn Adams that her sole purpose and only goal in corresponding with Casey Anthony was to create 'leverage to get out of prison early.' "

Outside the attorney's entrance at the jail, a sign clearly states that "Attorneys are not authorized to convey to an inmate any written communication of a personal nature.

:furious: I just hope that this dose not come in the future and cause Casey to get out of her charges for ineffective counsel. IMO if this is not investigated by the "bar" it will be an excuse for an appeal if Casey is found guilty IMO.

Baez broke the rules. They are rules that all attorney's are to abide by. I really doubt that there are many attorney's out there that would risk their reputation and their right to practice law "By Breaking This Simple Rule". The rule was put in place for a reason...and not to break it.

The defense has admitted to "Breaking the Rules" with their statement.
They admit Casey wrote the letters and gave their reason as to why.

A sign clearly states that "Attorneys are not authorized to convey to an inmate any written communication of a personal nature."
So, yes Baez broke the rules, Casey wrote and received letters, and the defense have admitted to it IMO through his presser, so is anyone going to do anything about it is the question? :furious:

What can a member of the general public do?
Surely the Jail will follow up with some investigation. If their Corrections officer gets reprimanded/fired, so should Baez.

Another reason that this is so infuriating is because there are so many, many things that Casey's defense team does that I think are underhanded, sneaky, smarmy and just a split-hair on the right side of legal. I hate that they can be discovered breaking rules, as well, and still strut away with big smirks.

(Of course, the worst thing is that they could have been passing lies and coordinating plans; hence the rule.) But still, it's the guys with the attitudes in the Teflon suits that really get me!

QUOTE=wonders;5031362]BBM

The only problem I see with this is that the hard drive or whatever its called has probably been changed and the original either distroyed or hidden[/QUOTE]

As long as it is the same hard drive, everything should be able to be retreived, I have had great sucess in retreiving tons of trashed and formatted data off drives where the user thought all was lost. The problem is if he destroyed the drive completley, however, wouldn't that look suspicious. Many places have rules on throwing away electronics, so is there a rule there and did he follow it? Where is that drive now? If it is a new drive, it will be obvious to whoever checks it out. Also he probably uses multiple machines. If it isn't on his, the email is probably on hers and I would love to know if the state will ever hold the A's and co. for all the laws they break... wow!:banghead:[

The way Baez conducts himself, you'd think he wanted to be thrown off the case. Blatantly disregarding the rules. Surely he'd think sanctions would be carried out regarding his behavior. Does anyone else believe perhaps his ego is too big to try to get Casey to fire him, but if he were thrown off the case, he'd able to cry foul?

Jail question....are there any cameras outside the cells and throughout the prison? If so maybe there would be recorded evidence of the two (Cookie & Muffin LOL) talking or going into each other's cell etc.? Just what is filmed and listened/recorded in a prison? IMO not enough is...

As far as JB - will this allegation be looked into? I hope so...

QUOTE=wonders;5031362]BBM

The only problem I see with this is that the hard drive or whatever its called has probably been changed and the original either distroyed or hidden

As long as it is the same hard drive, everything should be able to be retreived, I have had great sucess in retreiving tons of trashed and formatted data off drives where the user thought all was lost. The problem is if he destroyed the drive completley, however, wouldn't that look suspicious. Many places have rules on throwing away electronics, so is there a rule there and did he follow it? Where is that drive now? If it is a new drive, it will be obvious to whoever checks it out. Also he probably uses multiple machines. If it isn't on his, the email is probably on hers and I would love to know if the state will ever hold the A's and co. for all the laws they break... wow!:banghead:[[/QUOTE]

Given the high legal interest in this case, you can't just erase or make a hard drive disapear. At least no easily. Forensics can tell exactly when a new drive was brought on line. So they can tell if it is the original drive from the time period. They can recover deleted, destroyed, burned in a fire files. They can ever do a fairly thorough job of recovering files from platters that have been physically damaged. So Baez can be ordered to produce the drive in question, and "I'm sorry your honor it was erased" or "It failed" is not a viable option. About the only viable out would be if he had a legitimate third party provider replace the drive and destroy the "defective" one.(What no backups?). But even then he better be able to produce documentation from them reflecting such.

And regardless of whether or not any actual laws were broken by this, it is certainly not the first time that Baez has grossly and blatantly violated jail security policy. They should simply alter or suspend his privileges. All client meetings must be via one of those glass separated cubicles. No physical contact allowed. No private rooms. Abuse of privileges is just that abuse,a nd must be dealt with.

When I read the letters I was surprised, because Baez is her attorney and is talking to her about love and how someday she will find it. Seems like these two are to close than a attorney client relationship should be. She go's on about having crushes and the dimples. Sounds like client is manipulating attorney. And he is falling for it. Casey even said he guaranteed she would find love. I thought the same thing when I read those letters that he could possibly end up in trouble.
Yep when I read that the first thing that came to my mind was W-I-E-R-D... :waitasec:

I'm sorry but dude....we're talking about an attorney who is supposed to be representing their client for killing her child... and that's just... well it's WIERD! Sheesh!! :eek:

I know KC is a liar, but somehow.. I kinda believe he may have said that to her... I can just kinda see that happening.. based on their actions I have seen in court. :sick:

List of times where Casey wrote that her attorney(s) are smuggling letters/notes and items in to her, and out to her parents.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf

page 1 - "thanks for my newest contraband..." [ pen from Robyn]

page 32 - letter dated Feb. 12, 2009 - "...I got a letter that he [George] wrote to me yesterday and his spirits were lifted...."

page 54 - "....And what happens when she[Cindy] meets up with Baez yesterday to read my letter?....

page 79 - AM Gtg card smuggled in - - "...talk about stickers and crafts, I've been making stuff 4EVER! I did have the American Greetings card smuggled in here, but like the bracelet, there's many more to come!"

page 114 - the copy of the Am Gtg card - : "I know its a make-shift friendship bracelet but this way you always have a physical part of me, until you're stuck living with me."

page 146 - "....My attorney is trying to smuggle some in too [books], or Suduku puzzles."

page 147 - envelope dated Nov 14, 2008(?) - "My family is still doing well, from what I've been told. They are emailing letters to my attorney, and he brings them to me. It's better than nothing."

page 160 - "I continue to pass notes to my folks to my attorney and he brings ones back from them. At least that way, it's kept private."

page 169 - "..My attorney is keeping tabs on my family for me, and exchanges letters between us. It's always nice to see my name written in my Mom's handwriting. My eyes start tearing up, and I'm done!..."

page 192 - "Jose # 2 wants to sneak me in food! What a guy!"
BBM This is the Jose that she has a crush on. The one that dresses really well and has dimples right? Hmmm.... makes me wonder then why he would want to "sneak in" food. :waitasec: LOL!

I'm also thinking that that could possibly happen through an attorney's briefcase if it was food that was wrapped up or sealed. JMO. Anyway, since Jose #1 has been sneaking in letters, I'm not at all doubting that Jose #2 has made an offer of sneaking in food for her.

After todays hearing and the news the jail guard who assisted in passing love letters between KC and her BFF has been fired, I wonder if a complaint from the jail against JB will follow??

JB has already made a mockery out of the legal profession, how much longer is he going to be allowed to keep doing so? At what point will the line be drawn?

Couldn't this also be used for kc to appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel?

That's JoseB's whole purpose, IMO.That's the only thing he has done good for her in ANY capacity since she hired him. He is her appeal. MO

After todays hearing and the news the jail guard who assisted in passing love letters between KC and her BFF has been fired, I wonder if a complaint from the jail against JB will follow??

ohh, just wait. She has only been in jail a short time and look at the wreck she's created. In no time we'll be reading articles about her like with Susan Smith and the guards. mo0

During the "emergency hearing" held today.....JB commented about "collusion" between the SAO and jail guards".

He had to have mentioned it for a specific reason. Will he later argue that any letters should be thrown out based upon the history of jail guard actions????

The way Baez conducts himself, you'd think he wanted to be thrown off the case. Blatantly disregarding the rules. Surely he'd think sanctions would be carried out regarding his behavior. Does anyone else believe perhaps his ego is too big to try to get Casey to fire him, but if he were thrown off the case, he'd able to cry foul?

JoseB and Casey are perfect for each other! I just can't wait to see her face when she finds out he's been manipulating, lying and conning her all this time when she thought it was the other way around. They deserve eachother. moo

During the "emergency hearing" held today.....JB commented about "collusion" between the SAO and jail guards".

He had to have mentioned it for a specific reason. Will he later argue that any letters should be thrown out based upon the history of jail guard actions????

But how could he possibly complain about collusion with anyone about passing of letters when his hands are dirty with the same act? (Besides, isn't JB's accusation just a wild speculation, while there is now written confirmation from several parties that JB passed communications between Casey and family?)

Would he have to prove they were in collusion to get them thrown out or is his guilty, suspicious nature enough to accomplish that?

But how could he possibly complain about collusion with anyone about passing of letters when his hands are dirty with the same act? (Besides, isn't JB's accusation just a wild speculation, while there is now written confirmation from several parties that JB passed communications between Casey and family?)

Would he have to prove they were in collusion to get them thrown out or is his guilty, suspicious nature enough to accomplish that?

Questions that I just don't have answers for..........I don't claim to understand the rules.

He'll go on TV saying it's because he's a hispanic lawyer (like he has tried to play the race card in the past for people not liking him) and everyone is just so against his client because of the media! moo

ETA- How many times have people complained to the bar about him already? Even then judge did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman