New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that they could have worked it out between them..I think they could have...

Ummm, I'm having a hard time visualizing a woman who was involved in a MFH plot, 'working out' custody issues does not sound like something she would be willing to partake in. Kaine had mentioned at some point that he did approach her about her drinking all for naught. Most here also know that until an alcoholic is ready to admit that they have a problem, any attempts at treatment are a waste of time. Why do you think some people are in and out of rehab for years?

I know it is not an easy thing to do, taking the kids and moving out, or getting a mother to move out. I get that. And I know how drinkers and addicts are, tricky, sneaky, charming, remorseful, etc...

Where I am confused is either Kaine heard from other friends that Terri was secretly drinking their alcohol, as he first stated, or he witnessed many nights of Terri being drunk and passed out, on a regular basis including and up to when Kyron went missing. Those are two completely different scenarios. One is obviously better for use in a divorce/custody case than the other.

I think the second statement is the true one and what Terri's "gym friend" was seeing was a woman with a hangover most days. And Andrea L. (I think it was her) said that Terri was quiet at the gym and just worked out, something like that, while Kaine said she went there primarily to flirt. Two totally different scenarios, again, and I don't get the impression Andrea likes Terri very much, so I don't think she would cover for her.

Kaine is moulding his stories to best suit his case-again I get that; they may well be true. We'll probably never know, since he is unlikely to be challenged on them.

Your point is taken and it has been discussed within limits when we first heard this information. Many people have questioned the delay on action on kaine's part, and there has already been a good exchange of ideas on this. I encourage you to look up those threads,and tread lightly, because if it turns more towards a Kaine bash it won't be tolerated.
Thanks for your cooperation,Kappy. It is appreciated. He is the father of a missing youngster first and foremost.

Thanks JBean..He is the father of a missing child...as well as a child missing by Teri,Desi,Tony...If it appears I am bashing KH...I am sorry...I am just trying to get a realistic view of why, just why...if you will give me the threads you are talking about..I'd dearly love to read them...

Thanks JBean..He is the father of a missing child...as well as a child missing by Teri,Desi,Tony...If it appears I am bashing KH...I am sorry...I am just trying to get a realistic view of why, just why...if you will give me the threads you are talking about..I'd dearly love to read them...
I don't think you did bash kaine, it was only a cautionary post. The point is a good one and all we ask is that everyone takes care in posting. Since we consider Kaine's position as the father of a missing child, respect for his pain is paramount right now.

The discussion would be when the drinking/pass out information was fist revealed to us. So that would be the place to start a search. When Kaine's visitation/custody documents became available.

The reporter said in the Dateline piece in a voiceover that nobody in the family knew about the doctor's appointment (paraphrased - didn't get the exact wording.)

Posting this for reference:

Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?

There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

Kyron's family answer media questions
Undated, but it's from the first week in July, as it references July 4
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=14

I've only questioned the inconsistencies made in many statements to the media which go out to us, the public. But, have realized that there could be a reason, and Kaine doesn't really owe the public all the details of his life as long as he has told detectives everything, because that is where they need to be able to put it all together and figure whether Kryon might be alive or deceased. He certainly never said that Terri was abusing the kids or drinking during the day and then driving.

It's quite common for perpetrators of crime to want someone else to "find" what they have done, call 911 and/or call the family. It's one reason I'm so suspicious of Tiffany Hartley.

But it would benefit Terri, if she's done something to Kyron, to keep the one person who has been suspicious of her from the moment she met her 8 years ago, far far far away as possible. Wouldn't it?

It would seem contradictory to Terri's goal if she brought the mother of the child up, since all she'll offer is every bad thought she's ever had of Terri.

I always took *discussion* to mean that they had discussed with LE after learning that this was a story that Terri had told them. I never got the feeling that Kaine or Desiree ever knew about an appointment and certainly not about an appointment for Kyron having *mini-seizures(which its not common practice for a docto or nurse-who usually schedules appointments- to diagnose over the phone BEFORE telling a patient to come in...)

JMO

I always took *discussion* to mean that they had discussed with LE after learning that this was a story that Terri had told them. I never got the feeling that Kaine or Desiree ever knew about an appointment and certainly not about an appointment for Kyron having *mini-seizures(which its not common practice for a docto or nurse-who usually schedules appointments- to diagnose over the phone BEFORE telling a patient to come in...)

JMO

He doesn't give a clue who was discussing it, does he? lol. That one's *wide* open for interpretation, and one I'm not even going to attempt it. ;)

He doesn't give a clue who was discussing it, does he? lol. That one's *wide* open for interpretation, and one I'm not even going to attempt it. ;)

Well, you'd have to believe that Terri would casually mention an appointment about Kyron having mini-seizures to both Kaine and Desiree (with whom she exchanged regular, "chatty" e-mails)without providing a date for the appointment to either one...that seems unlikely, doesn't it?

But it would benefit Terri, if she's done something to Kyron, to keep the one person who has been suspicious of her from the moment she met her 8 years ago, far far far away as possible. Wouldn't it?

It would seem contradictory to Terri's goal if she brought the mother of the child up, since all she'll offer is every bad thought she's ever had of Terri.

I don't know if she did or did not bring her up. We won't know until this goes to court. It's possible, (as someone else pointed out, I believe) that the people at the school asked if Desiree had been contacted, Terri said no and then asked them to please do so as she was too distraught.

I suspect someone else brought up Desiree's name since Terri was "surprised" that when DY found out what was going on, she dropped everything and was driving straight up.

I'm confused I thought the talk about seizures came from an email that Terri sent to someone. It said on Dateline last night that neither Kaine or Desiree had been told about the doctor appt or possible seizure activity/strange behavior.

That is my understanding as well. They knew nothing about it. If Kyron was having health issues as serious as seizures, why wouldn't Terri tell Kyron's mom and dad about it? Why would she keep that to herself? And would she even have the authority to have him treated for it? It makes no sense.

I'm confused I thought the talk about seizures came from an email that Terri sent to someone. It said on Dateline last night that neither Kaine or Desiree had been told about the doctor appt or possible seizure activity/strange behavior.

Me too, grandmaj...I have never heard anyone mention the mini-seizures but Terri(stating that it what a doctor thinks). I was thinking that the *discussion* that Kaine and Desiree mentioned was about a talk they had with LE about what Terri told them, not that Kaine or Desiree had ever discussed it with Terri. If they had, there wouldn't be confusion about it, right? They'd for sure know about these supposed *mini-seizures* as well.

JMO

Well...maybe she was trying to protect Kaine and Desiree by not worrying them until she knew there was something to worry about. I can't think of any other reason she would be the only one who knew about this possibly very serious condition.

Well...maybe she was trying to protect Kaine and Desiree by not worrying them until she knew there was something to worry about. I can't think of any other reason she would be the only one who knew about this possibly very serious condition.

I can't believe she'd take the time to bother finding out what was wrong with a child she apparently then decided to do something against.

I can't believe she'd take the time to bother finding out what was wrong with a child she apparently then decided to do something against.

Well....I don't think she was! I don't believe she really had an appointment. I think she made the whole thing up to try to plant the seed that he wandered off. The whole seizure/doctor appt was a big lie.

Kaine definitely knew that Kyron was having problems in attentiveness at school, because that was one of the behaviors that she wanted Kyron sent to his room for if his daily behavior report showed that or other things. Kaine didn't say if he agreed or not, but had to know that lack of attentiveness could be a possible problem eventually having to be dealt with. That seems to be the road that Terri was going down. Kaine also stated that Kyron was being actively worked with about listening due to some minor problems with listening to adults. This isn't seizure symptoms, but could be related. I think if Kyron was behaving forgetfully and walking in then right out of a room it was just that he was trying to avoid someone and could pretend that he forgot what he wanted in the first place. Maybe Terri was the only one he ever did this with. Maybe she wanted to discover some new problem and be the hero since she is credited with finding his vision problems.

Well....I don't think she was! I don't believe she really had an appointment. I think she made the whole thing up to try to plant the seed that he wandered off. The whole seizure/doctor appt was a big lie.

A really stupid one, since it's so blatantly obvious it would only serve so long to cover her tracks. What would it serve to have this hole in a story that has so far not even garnered her a charge for obstruction in an ongoing investigation if they've caught Terri in such a significant lie that the teacher tells LE that she thought Terri had taken him with her to this non-doctor's appointment? It's not illegal to lie to a teacher, but it can get you arrested if you lie to a cop about a significant event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking