New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a pony is achievable, but wow it would have to be pretty tight to be a side one.

The way I understand the letter is, this woman (the letter writer) saw Hailey in a trailer house (mobile home) a year ago 2011, a year after Hailey was missing (2010) so Hailey's hair could have grown longer in that year for the woman to say she saw her with a side ponytail...is this not correct????

To answer my own question, NO it is not a year, it is only a month...sometimes I out think myself....:slap:

I think a pony is achievable, but wow it would have to be pretty tight to be a side one.

Depending on how fast her hair grows and how long after this picture the other woman saw her.

Side tails are often hairpieces, also. I can get one for $6.99 at Sally Beauty Supply down the street.

another view of her hair at Christmas...
Hailey_Dunn_05_540x405.jpg

I never noticed this before, but is that a pink streak in Hailey's hair on the left side (her right)? Or is a trick of the light? Dyed or a clip in extension?

Sorry I don't recall this ever being said when she went missing?

Exactly how short was her hair cut? Was that info on any missing flyers? Not being snarky, just seems like that would be a pretty important detail and I don't remember it.
http://www.google.com/search?q=miss...n5iwLX_YDwDw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=575

Also, who is Stacie?

I remember a picture of Hailey that came out after she was reported missing. She looked much more mature and had a new shoulder cut hairdo and a light bit of make up on.

He didn't quit. He just went to work, bought a Dr Pepper and left. I still think there is a good chance he went to work that morning to get a heavy duty shovel or a pickaxe or rope -something that he would need if he planned to hurt Hailey.

One thing that still makes me suspect Shawn killed Hailey, although it's obviously very indirect evidence, is him posting on the Michael Myers message board about her being missing, especially since he had not been an extremely frequent poster there and because he had posted before wondering about what it would feel like to kill someone. It just seemed like him posting there after Hailey went missing, even though it was ostensibly to ask the other forum members to support him during a tough time...it seemed like he might have been passively bragging about what he had done. Like I said, it is very indirect evidence, and I may be reading too much into it. but I'm a guy who has been around the block a few times and I think I have a decent feeling for other guys' hidden motives, and it seemed to me like it was some sick bragging on Shawn's part. And it wasn't just me, some of the guys on the MM forum thread (which has been deleted) felt the same way.

I can't dismiss Sonje Callahan's story until LE definitively does, but I still think Shawn being responsible seems like the most likely probability.

I agree with your post. Very good insights, imo.

But I do have a comment about your first point, that he didn't 'quit' --he just went to work, bought a soda and left. By many standards, that behavior would be quitting. Would any of us do that to our bosses and not expect to be fired or at least suspended for awhile?

I agree with your post. Very good insights, imo.

But I do have a comment about your first point, that he didn't 'quit' --he just went to work, bought a soda and left. By many standards, that behavior would be quitting. Would any of us do that to our bosses and not expect to be fired or at least suspended for awhile?

I believe at some point we learned that his boss thought he was still an employee, that Shawn wasn't fired for it. I don't have a link for it though.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of work Shawn was doing, but I know it was for an oilfield services company. One thing I do know from experience is that tough, low-skilled (mostly manual labor) jobs tend to have a lot of turnover so supervisors are a lot more willing to let things slide in order to keep guys around in the longer term. It's not like a professional job or a retail job where schedules are involved, they just need a reasonable amount of bodies each day to get things done. So if the supervisor had enough people that day, it might not have mattered that Shawn left anyway. Maybe someone with more knowledge of oilfield work can provide more info.

She would look something similar to her reward poster here, which is probably where this woman got her description from.

A side ponytail is very different than a pony tail. Her hair does not look long enough for a side ponytail, imo.

A side ponytail is very different than a pony tail. Her hair does not look long enough for a side ponytail, imo.

According to Callahan here, she was watching TV at the crackhouse when pictures were shown of HD.

She continues, "It shows pictures of her with her hair to the side and that's how she had it. Her ponytail was to the side and she had some shorts on with her flip-flops on and a white tee shirt. And it was just, I knew, right then and there."

In other words she is claiming that the girl had her hair exactly like the picture in the poster.

You will notice though that allthough the ponytail is on the side in the picture, it is actually at the back of the head because her face is turned to one side. An indication that this women remembers the picture, not actually meeting HD.

I believe at some point we learned that his boss thought he was still an employee, that Shawn wasn't fired for it. I don't have a link for it though.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of work Shawn was doing, but I know it was for an oilfield services company. One thing I do know from experience is that tough, low-skilled (mostly manual labor) jobs tend to have a lot of turnover so supervisors are a lot more willing to let things slide in order to keep guys around in the longer term. It's not like a professional job or a retail job where schedules are involved, they just need a reasonable amount of bodies each day to get things done. So if the supervisor had enough people that day, it might not have mattered that Shawn left anyway. Maybe someone with more knowledge of oilfield work can provide more info.

My nephew used to drive a truck for a mining operation. During his probation period, he never knew whether there was going to be work for him on a given day. He'd go in in the morning and find out what his assignment was for the next couple of days.

He went on to have a regular shift, but he said many of the workers stayed on the other schedule because it gave them more flexibility. If you didn't show up for an assigned shift, you'd get fired, but you could go pretty much as long as you wanted between assignments and nobody cared.

I don't know whether the work SA was doing would be similar to that, or not. Anybody?

Around here, in Snyder where he worked, you are given a yard time and you show up or your in a world of trouble. It is not a seasonal or variable time thing. Different crews have different yard times, but normally you have steady work and it is not show up and see if there is something for you to do that day. There isn't/wasn't a shortage of work in the line of work he was doing.

Connie Jones on Nancy Grace Jan 13 2011:

GRACE: Can you tell us about the sighting?

JONES: He said that they were on the side of the road with a sign, and he said that they (INAUDIBLE) dog and she thought the sign said dogs for sale. And so she stopped and the signs said please help with food or money. And she gave them $5. And she said she was positive that it was Hailey.

GRACE: Who was she with?

JONES: A younger -- a younger man, like maybe in his early 20s, late teens or something.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Clint on NG Jan 18 2011:

CLINT DUNN: I went to Odessa. I had a tip somebody may have seen Hailey, and I went to Odessa on Midland (ph) Street and Wall (ph) Street. And I interviewed a lot of people and walked up and down the streets, passing out fliers, talking to everybody. And it turned out to be a girl - - I never found her, but everybody said that she looked much older than 13.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

Thanks, Chili.

This info regarding Clint getting the tip on an Odessa sighting, does seem to corroborate her story, and for some reason, I am definitely getting the inclination it is not made up.

big country homepage KTAB has posted the raw interview. (sorry, i dont know how to post a link). Its 23 minutes long. The reporter says that Sonya Callahan (the author of the letter) was staying at SAs grandmothers house at the same time SA was there (shortly after Hailey disappeared). The reporter actually gives billie the address of the drug house. She asks if the reporter has been there...not once did she ask if the police had checked in out. Most mommas would have been grabbing their keys and a map. She just sat.

You KNOW it!

This woman was staying at SA's Grandmas house? Big wth????

Sorry, it was not in the letter, it was something she told her sister:

"Sonja Callahan's older sister, Mialinda Martin of Abilene, says Callahan told her this alleged incident was all sparked from a dope deal that went horribly wrong and Hailey was supposedly used as collateral for a drug debt that the teen's family owed."

EXCLUSIVE: Sister of Jailed Woman Claiming Hailey Dunn Was Drugged to Death Speaks to NewsWest 9

Updated: Oct 24, 2012 7:59 PM PDT

By Jen Kastner
NewsWest 9

Hailey does have other family besides Billie. We all know that her dad was a drug user and some of his family as well.

Thank you for agreeing with me, Knox--I've never heard anyone really seriously consider that she may have gone off with some people who may have just casually pulled up alongside of her as she was walking, inviting her to a party at the motel--she may have trusted them for no good reason, and then really regretted it later.

I have also thought that Shawn may have "passed her off" to someone who drove her hundreds of miles away, that afternoon, and that's why no one has ever found her body in the CC area.

I agree with you, too, I've always had the gut feeling that her scent being at that motel was very significant. Her age at the time would be about right for what these human traffickers prefer.

Around here, in Snyder where he worked, you are given a yard time and you show up or your in a world of trouble. It is not a seasonal or variable time thing. Different crews have different yard times, but normally you have steady work and it is not show up and see if there is something for you to do that day. There isn't/wasn't a shortage of work in the line of work he was doing.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Is there so much work that if he did quit that job on impulse, he wouldn't have had any trouble finding a new one? Or would that have put him on everybody's blacklist?

Thanks, Chili.

This info regarding Clint getting the tip on an Odessa sighting, does seem to corroborate her story, and for some reason, I am definitely getting the inclination it is not made up.

Yeah, I feel like she may be mistaken -- eyewitnesses frequently are -- and she may be motivated by self-serving reasons, but I don't think she's making it up or lying about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990