New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't care about arrests or vengeance. I'd just want my daughter home. He doesn't have to arrest anybody to do that.

An arrest has less to do with vengeance and more to do with protecting the victim, as anyone who has been a victim of a violent crime will attest.

I would want my daughter home, as well. I would also want her to be safe from her kidnapper(s).

An arrest has less to do with vengeance and more to do with protecting the victim, as anyone who has been a victim of a violent crime will attest.

I would want my daughter home, as well. I would also want her to be safe from her kidnapper(s).

I agree. I would want my daughter home first and foremost and really wouldn't care how that came about with LE or a PI. Then as juvenile as it may sound, I would spend the rest of my life hunting down the rat ba$ta*ds that took her from me in the first place.

If this wonderful PI is working pro bono anyway, why does he have to be linked to BD as he "is working for her"? IF he is close to her....protective of her.....infatuated with her.....mesmerized by her....believing in her....if, if, if....then I don't trust him one iota. Poor Hailey.

If this wonderful PI is working pro bono anyway, why does he have to be linked to BD as he "is working for her"? IF he is close to her....protective of her.....infatuated with her.....mesmerized by her....believing in her....if, if, if....then I don't trust him one iota. Poor Hailey.

Amster I love your no-nonsense, get straight to the point posts :seeya:

Just seems par for the course with that one. Everyone and everything she is associated with has just been, YUK!!

I agree with claudicici, there is at least a kernel of truth in that letter. Something has Billie scared. That deadpan look when he told her the details and no emotion until the very end? She expresses no displeasure with the reporter during the interview, but rips him a new one and says she was blindsided a day or two later?

Same ole carp guys. :banghead:

I agree, Amster. I've been thinking the same as I read the latest. I also have a question. Legally, is the PI required to go to LE if he discovers that his client is complicit in Hailey's disappearance? What is he required to report to LE in his quest to find Hailey? I just completed a true crime book where a very well-known PI helped a woman obtain a pistol with a silencer. The woman murdered her boyfriend's wife with it. PI made a deal with LE to testify in order not to be charged. This PI is on JVM show a lot.
ETA: This PI sold an illegal weapon to a client who used it to kill a woman. He did not call LE about it. He only confessed when the man who installed the silencer talked to LE.

Ref: Carolyn Warmus trial

It's probably not a good idea to make universal judgments about how any individual feels about a particular situation, or about what experiences people who hold a certain view may or may not have had.

All I'm saying is that I can see why BJD (assuming for the moment she wasn't involved in her daughter's disappearance) would feel like they've already decided she's guilty and they aren't going to listen to anything that doesn't fit their theory, and her only hope is the PI.

I just want to say the PI is INCREDIBLE,it is so amazing what he did in Ali's case.
I am 100% sure he will work diligently to find the truth.He really cares way more than LE it seems about these missing girls.

Yes he is incredible!

Geeze, even the thought of that makes me throw up a little in my mouth!

There are those who hate BD so much and have invested so much in hating her, they will never believe or accept that she was not involved, if it turns out so wasn't involved in Hailey's disappearance.

There are those who hate BD so much and have invested so much in hating her, they will never believe or accept that she was not involved, if it turns out so wasn't involved in Hailey's disappearance.

Doesn't the informant, in her letter, say it was a trade for the teens mothers drug debt? So even this informant is pointing the finger towards BD.

I don't see how the PI can get any closer to finding Hailey without cozying up to BD for at least a while to see if there's any info there.

He may feel like some of us who waiver back in forth between BD being involved or not involved.

Doesn't the informant, in her letter, say it was a trade for the teens mothers drug debt? So even this informant is pointing the finger towards BD.

The letter says nothing of the sort. A link was posted in this thread earlier, here it is again. As you can see, it is pretty basic.

All it says is that this woman was with the "girl" (apparently HD) along with 5 men and 2 women, who gave her drugs. She apparently died (presumably ODed) and the body is in Odessa. It doesn't say anything at all about how the girl got there or why she was there or what exactly they were doing when she died.

The PI was working for Ali 's parents pro bono and he is a member here.
Believe me his only interest is in finding the truth.He is working for Haley not BD,those were her words.

I don't think we should be talking bad of the PI working this case. There is nothing to be gained from it, and there is nothing out there that shows he is a bad person. Several members here are attesting what a good worker he is. Just because someone is working with BJD does not automatically make them bad. Carrie Mcgonigle worked early in the case with BJD and no one was talking bad about her! We should be happy that ANYONE is willing to take on Hailey's case, and even to do it pro bono!

I am interested in how closely the PI is investigating SA or other family members like CD, PT, NS.... I hope his focus is on everyone and not just on an outsider or stranger abduction. While possible, I think Hailey's disappearance falls closer to home.

As for the letter....I question its veracity. It is common for criminals to make up stories and "snitch" on people to try and get their sentences lowered. Also, there is nothing in the letter to indicate Hailey was sold to cover a drug debt. If the letter is legit, there are other reasons why she could have ended up there. Maybe she was kidnapped off the street, maybe she was sold, but either way the letter is not specific enough for us to know for sure.

Surely the PI will immediately work toward proving or disproving the information in the letter. Seems that would be a good starting point. Hopefully he has already interviewed this woman by now. If he hasn't, then first impressions aren't very positive. Hopefully, if this letter is entirely bogus, he will quickly discredit it.

I don't think we should be talking bad of the PI working this case. There is nothing to be gained from it, and there is nothing out there that shows he is a bad person. Several members here are attesting what a good worker he is. Just because someone is working with BJD does not automatically make them bad. Carrie Mcgonigle worked early in the case with BJD and no one was talking bad about her! We should be happy that ANYONE is willing to take on Hailey's case, and even to do it pro bono!

I am interested in how closely the PI is investigating SA or other family members like CD, PT, NS.... I hope his focus is on everyone and not just on an outsider or stranger abduction. While possible, I think Hailey's disappearance falls closer to home.

As for the letter....I question its veracity. It is common for criminals to make up stories and "snitch" on people to try and get their sentences lowered. Also, there is nothing in the letter to indicate Hailey was sold to cover a drug debt. If the letter is legit, there are other reasons why she could have ended up there. Maybe she was kidnapped off the street, maybe she was sold, but either way the letter is not specific enough for us to know for sure.

I think the world of Mac and I would go to hell and back for him...BJD NOT SO MUCH!

I also think there's a possibility that Hailey went with the people mentioned in the letter voluntarily--they may have asked her to meet them at the hotel (where the dogs alerted on her scent) to party, and somehow she got either kidnapped from there by these same people, or talked into coming with them to Odessa to party further, and when she got to that house she was held hosage. Just an idea.

I also think there's a possibility that Hailey went with the people mentioned in the letter voluntarily--they may have asked her to meet them at the hotel (where the dogs alerted on her scent) to party, and somehow she got either kidnapped from there by these same people, or talked into coming with them to Odessa to party further, and when she got to that house she was held hosage. Just an idea.

BBM- Yes, that was always bothersome to me.

Someone said kids used to gather near the hotel because they could catch a free wifi signal. I don't remember if that was ever proved or disproved?

The letter says nothing of the sort. A link was posted in this thread earlier, here it is again. As you can see, it is pretty basic.

All it says is that this woman was with the "girl" (apparently HD) along with 5 men and 2 women, who gave her drugs. She apparently died (presumably ODed) and the body is in Odessa. It doesn't say anything at all about how the girl got there or why she was there or what exactly they were doing when she died.

Sorry, it was not in the letter, it was something she told her sister:

"Sonja Callahan's older sister, Mialinda Martin of Abilene, says Callahan told her this alleged incident was all sparked from a dope deal that went horribly wrong and Hailey was supposedly used as collateral for a drug debt that the teen's family owed."

EXCLUSIVE: Sister of Jailed Woman Claiming Hailey Dunn Was Drugged to Death Speaks to NewsWest 9

Updated: Oct 24, 2012 7:59 PM PDT

By Jen Kastner
NewsWest 9

Thank you for agreeing with me, Knox--I've never heard anyone really seriously consider that she may have gone off with some people who may have just casually pulled up alongside of her as she was walking, inviting her to a party at the motel--she may have trusted them for no good reason, and then really regretted it later.

I have also thought that Shawn may have "passed her off" to someone who drove her hundreds of miles away, that afternoon, and that's why no one has ever found her body in the CC area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966