New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter did not mention Hailey Dunn by name, but said the teen died of a drug overdose. The letter said the girl’s body was buried somewhere near Monahans.

Despite Sanford’s claim that federal agents dug up land in Monahans looking for Hailey Dunn’s body, both the sheriff’s office and police department said they were never notified if such an operation had occurred, and both believed they would have been notified based on a good relationship with federal agents

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_0d3eb4be-1f02-11e2-86b5-0019bb30f31a.html
I am completely exasperated with all concerned!!! Poor, poor Hailey.

What do we know about this area where she was supposedly seen?

What makes me doubt the story is that the informant said the body was buried behind a coliseum. And LE has said they searched there and found no sign of a body being buried there. So I have my doubts.

And if someone owed a bunch of $, but then suddenly that debt was paid off, would they maybe impulsively quit their job because they felt so relieved to be unburdened by the debt?

That is something that had never crossed my mind. For someone to walk in and just quit - rather than call in sick or leave early - but to actually quit seemingly out of the blue --- you may have nailed it, katydid.

I know. It could go either way. And why hasnt SA been arrested yet for all that CP?

Because he had nothing to do with it.

The *advertiser censored* was found on the computer at the mothers house, at which the mother, an adult male and a teenaged male resided. I think you should be able figure out who's *advertiser censored* collection it probably was, doesn't take a rocket scientist.

There were 100k+ images of *advertiser censored* found by the sheriff's department on that computer. None of that was CP though, the CP was found subsequently as deleted files by the FBI. They didn't say how much was there, but given the size of the collection and the probability that it had been downloaded from public sources, not commercial, the chances are good that CP could have been accidently downloaded and then deleted. That would not be criminal beyond copyright infringement.

No CP was found in BD's house or SA's possesion. Some *advertiser censored* was found on a CD and on his phone, but that was legal *advertiser censored*. He did not have a computer in the house, which is a piece of equipment someone who collects *advertiser censored* would definitely have.

When he did use computers, it was apparently mostly on the computer at the grandmother's house. Which makes sense because it was a lot closer, and on the way to work. No *advertiser censored* was found on that computer, except for an email image that appeared similar to some images found on the mother's computer. But, that image apparently was not illegal, and it presumably was something that had been sent to him. Again, nothing illegal.

There is no evidence at all that he has an obsession with even *advertiser censored*, let alone child *advertiser censored*.

So what exactly should they charge him with, given that all the evidence suggests that he had nothing to do with the CP?

The letter:

http://permianbasin360.com/fulltext?nxd_id=227032

A little hard to read. If I didn't know a little about this case it would not make any sense to me. It's as if it's written in code, very strange writing. Scroll way down to read it.

It is not written in code, it is written by someone who is barely literate.

It doesn't really say much, other than that she got a deal for cooperating with LE. The story about HD might be one of the things she told them, but she probably rolled over on other things as well and that is what got her sentence reduction.

That is something that had never crossed my mind. For someone to walk in and just quit - rather than call in sick or leave early - but to actually quit seemingly out of the blue --- you may have nailed it, katydid.

The thing that has always bothered me was that he quit a well paying, good steady job. And yet we were told that hours later they used ALL of the $ left in Bilies account to score some drugs that night. So they had NO MONEY to their names, but he quit his job, with no rational excuse.

Because he had nothing to do with it.

The *advertiser censored* was found on the computer at the mothers house, at which the mother, an adult male and a teenaged male resided. I think you should be able figure out who's *advertiser censored* collection it probably was, doesn't take a rocket scientist.

There were 100k+ images of *advertiser censored* found by the sheriff's department on that computer. None of that was CP though, the CP was found subsequently as deleted files by the FBI. They didn't say how much was there, but given the size of the collection and the probability that it had been downloaded from public sources, not commercial, the chances are good that CP could have been accidently downloaded and then deleted. That would not be criminal beyond copyright infringement.

No CP was found in BD's house or SA's possesion. Some *advertiser censored* was found on a CD and on his phone, but that was legal *advertiser censored*. He did not have a computer in the house, which is a piece of equipment someone who collects *advertiser censored* would definitely have.

When he did use computers, it was apparently mostly on the computer at the grandmother's house. Which makes sense because it was a lot closer, and on the way to work. No *advertiser censored* was found on that computer, except for an email image that appeared similar to some images found on the mother's computer. But, that image apparently was not illegal, and it presumably was something that had been sent to him. Again, nothing illegal.

There is no evidence at all that he has an obsession with even *advertiser censored*, let alone child *advertiser censored*.

So what exactly should they charge him with, given that all the evidence suggests that he had nothing to do with the CP?

Any links ?

Just finished watching the raw video.

The reporter read a portion of SRC's letter, and then asked BJD about the reported sightings of Hailey in Odessa.

Thoughts: IMO, if Hailey had been sold to pay a drug debt & was being held captive for whatever nefarious purpose, she would NOT be out freely walking the streets of Odessa.

BJD told the reporter that this was the first time she was hearing about Hailey allegedly being held in a trailer in Odessa, yet, when she said so, she was completely devoid of emotion, IMO. At that point in the interview, she didn't seem surprised, nor did she seem terrified for her missing daughter's safety & well-being, nor did she seem hopeful of the possibility that Hailey may yet still be alive & rescued. In addition, BJD's primary concern upon hearing about the letter & the alleged sighting of Hailey in a trailer in Odessa was "I do want all that info to Mac". She mentioned LE much later in the interview - but her first response was that her PI should have that info. As far as I'm concerned, LE having that info should have been her top priority.

At about 1:00 in the video, BJD told the reporter that she doesn't know Sonja Renee Callahan (BJD didn't flinch when she first heard the name, but then appeared to have a "light-bulb" moment), and then asked if she's related to a particular person's family. Clearly, she's well aware who this person is, because she asked to stop the camera so she could tell the reporter who this person is off camera. Then, at about 2:07 in the interview, BJD said "Even the Sonja name is new to me - it's recent within the last couple of weeks. I just don't know much at all about those people." At about 17:25 in the video, BJD confirmed to the reporter that the name Sonja Renee Callahan is not new to her. Whatever was said off camera obviously persuaded the reporter that BJD knows who SRC is.

Question: how does BJD know who SRC is? If SRC is related to PT, why is BJD so familiar with the names of family members of her estranged husband's GF's mother's family, unless BJD has had the opportunity to interact with that particular person?

I'm not buying BJD's innocent act. I think she was playing that reporter during the entire interview. I think her initial reaction to the question about SRC was to act dumb (her typical modus operandi) & to distance herself from SRC, but then she realized she should admit (off camera) to knowing her, because at that point in the interview, BJD had no idea what the reporter knew.

BJD probably believes she has a cast-iron poker face. Based on her previous interviews since Hailey went missing, it seems that she believes she can outwit every investigator assigned to this case. I noticed in this interview how she accused each LE agency of "slamming" the other investigating agencies. Obviously, none of us knows what's been said between or about investigators, but I'll posit this: BJD has a documented history of drug abuse (based on her arrest for illicit pharmaceuticals after Hailey's disappearance), which casts serious doubt, IMO, upon her perceptions of LE & what they may or may not have said.

I'll also posit this: In my opinion, I think BJD is terrified that this SRC letter may eventually lead back to her and/or SA.

At this point, I think I'd have more faith in the PI than in LE, too...

Just finished watching the raw video.

The reporter read a portion of SRC's letter, and then asked BJD about the reported sightings of Hailey in Odessa.

Thoughts: IMO, if Hailey had been sold to pay a drug debt & was being held captive for whatever nefarious purpose, she would NOT be out freely walking the streets of Odessa.

BJD told the reporter that this was the first time she was hearing about Hailey allegedly being held in a trailer in Odessa, yet, when she said so, she was completely devoid of emotion, IMO. At that point in the interview, she didn't seem surprised, nor did she seem terrified for her missing daughter's safety & well-being, nor did she seem hopeful of the possibility that Hailey may yet still be alive & rescued. In addition, BJD's primary concern upon hearing about the letter & the alleged sighting of Hailey in a trailer in Odessa was "I do want all that info to Mac". She mentioned LE much later in the interview - but her first response was that her PI should have that info. As far as I'm concerned, LE having that info should have been her top priority.

At about 1:00 in the video, BJD told the reporter that she doesn't know Sonja Renee Callahan (BJD didn't flinch when she first heard the name, but then appeared to have a "light-bulb" moment), and then asked if she's related to a particular person's family. Clearly, she's well aware who this person is, because she asked to stop the camera so she could tell the reporter who this person is off camera. Then, at about 2:07 in the interview, BJD said "Even the Sonja name is new to me - it's recent within the last couple of weeks. I just don't know much at all about those people." At about 17:25 in the video, BJD confirmed to the reporter that the name Sonja Renee Callahan is not new to her. Whatever was said off camera obviously persuaded the reporter that BJD knows who SRC is.

Question: how does BJD know who SRC is? If SRC is related to PT, why is BJD so familiar with the names of family members of her estranged husband's GF's mother's family, unless BJD has had the opportunity to interact with that particular person?

I'm not buying BJD's innocent act. I think she was playing that reporter during the entire interview. I think her initial reaction to the question about SRC was to act dumb (her typical modus operandi) & to distance herself from SRC, but then she realized she should admit (off camera) to knowing her, because at that point in the interview, BJD had no idea what the reporter knew.

BJD probably believes she has a cast-iron poker face. Based on her previous interviews since Hailey went missing, it seems that she believes she can outwit every investigator assigned to this case. I noticed in this interview how she accused each LE agency of "slamming" the other investigating agencies. Obviously, none of us knows what's been said between or about investigators, but I'll posit this: BJD has a documented history of drug abuse (based on her arrest for illicit pharmaceuticals after Hailey's disappearance), which casts serious doubt, IMO, upon her perceptions of LE & what they may or may not have said.

I'll also posit this: In my opinion, I think BJD is terrified that this SRC letter may eventually lead back to her and/or SA.

:goodpost:

I believe that BJD and SA are complicit in Hailey's disappearance. Remember it was BJD who went to jail for lying about SA's whereabouts. IMHO, if her lips are moving, there is not much truth. IMHO

If by the grace of God she is alive, I would hope she wouldn't have to go back to that environment. My heart breaks for her.

Any links ?

This topic keeps up coming up again and again, even though it has been covered before multiple times. The link to the search warrant is in the stickied section, but no longer works.

You can see discussion in these threads:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131901&page=5

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131265&page=4

Also, Det. Alexander flat out says (here):

Images depicting bestiality and other deviant sexual acts may be disgusting, she said, but as long as they're not being done in public, they're not illegal. No child *advertiser censored* was seized in Colorado City, she said.

The allegations that SA might be involved is based on what Toombs was reported to have said, but the subordinates (the LEO who did the initial forensic examination and swore in the affidavit for the search of the GMs house; and Alexander) contradict that. We know from the affidavit what was found in CC and initially at the GM's house. They never mentioned anything obtained from the second search, and given the amount of time I think it is safe to say that nothing was found.

Not sure what they were trying to achieve with all the CP stories, because it is pretty clear that they have nothing implicating SA in it. It appears that it was a crude attempt to harrass him to pin something on him or to fan a cloud of suspicion around him.

:goodpost:

I believe that BJD and SA are complicit in Hailey's disappearance. Remember it was BJD who went to jail for lying about SA's whereabouts. IMHO, if her lips are moving, there is not much truth. IMHO

Wow Jacie. We agree on something. :wink:

oh my god,I did not give much merit to the prison letter but after watching the interview with BD unfortunately I believe every word is true.IMO she traded her daughter for a drug debt ,she seems scared as hell during the interview that the truth is coming to light.Oh my god,I feel sick.....I hope I'm wrong.....

At this point, I think I'd have more faith in the PI than in LE, too...

A PI doesn't have the legal authority to make an arrest if they locate a missing/endangered child.

If my child was missing & I believed she was kidnapped, I would want LE to follow up on this potentially crucial information. I would want LE to go to the trailer in the hope that my child may still be alive.

WTH is a PI going to accomplish (regardless of how good he is) if he finds Hailey (which I highly doubt he would - if Hailey was ever in that trailer at all, she's long gone by now, especially with the release of this interview).

I just want to say the PI is INCREDIBLE,it is so amazing what he did in Ali's case.
I am 100% sure he will work diligently to find the truth.He really cares way more than LE it seems about these missing girls.

A PI doesn't have the legal authority to make an arrest if they locate a missing/endangered child.

If my child was missing & I believed she was kidnapped, I would want LE to follow up on this potentially crucial information. I would want LE to go to the trailer in the hope that my child may still be alive.

WTH is a PI going to accomplish (regardless of how good he is) if he finds Hailey (which I highly doubt he would - if Hailey was ever in that trailer at all, she's long gone by now, especially with the release of this interview).

I wouldn't care about arrests or vengeance. I'd just want my daughter home. He doesn't have to arrest anybody to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966