New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, if you post news tweets, please include a link. Same for public/group FB pages. Thanks.

Sorwy Bessie, I knew I was cruising not linking. But...I did at first. Can I put them in my siggie so I don't have to keep posting them? Thanks and listened to Bessie Smith the other night!! Hope all is well! xoxo

ETA, the tweets were moving fast!

Wait one inch? Or one foot?

The last MSM article I read (link a couple pages back) said 1' - one foot...also said the CDs could find remains buried up to 12' deep.

Just a little "typing outloud here" to see if anyone else has any connect the dot pieces I am missing.

Thursday August 18th- Search in Ely, Nevada begins

Thursday August 25th- Warrant served on Josh's home in WA

Friday August 26th- Josh is reported to have gone camping again with the boys, leaving late at night on a whim according to SP

***Where did Josh go "camping"? How long was he gone?***

Thursday September 1- Reported by local WSer that Susan's boy was at school in WA

Monday September 12-New search starts in Utah

Questions of interest to me: Where did Josh go on a whim on August 26th? Did he know that the police took evidence that would tell them where Susan was during the warrant search on August 25th? How long was Josh gone? Could he have potentially moved Susan FROM or TO the Topaz mountain location during his second "camping trip"? Could the witness that reported seeing strange activities near Topaz mountain have only seen this activity RECENTLY (like maybe when Josh was "camping" the second time) ? If the dirt near where the dogs are hitting is being reported to be recently disturbed- what exactly is that timeframe? Weeks possibly?

I wondered if while WVCPD was in Puyallup if they put GPS locators on anything; they had jp standing in the back of the house and during that time something could be placed on his van. :)

Just a little "typing outloud here" to see if anyone else has any connect the dot pieces I am missing.

Thursday August 18th- Search in Ely, Nevada begins

Thursday August 25th- Warrant served on Josh's home in WA

Friday August 26th- Josh is reported to have gone camping again with the boys, leaving late at night on a whim according to SP

***Where did Josh go "camping"? How long was he gone?***

Thursday September 1- Reported by local WSer that Susan's boy was at school in WA

Monday September 12-New search starts in Utah

Questions of interest to me: Where did Josh go on a whim on August 26th? Did he know that the police took evidence that would tell them where Susan was during the warrant search on August 25th? How long was Josh gone? Could he have potentially moved Susan FROM or TO the Topaz mountain location during his second "camping trip"? Could Tony Abbott,the witness that reported seeing strange activities near Topaz mountain, have only seen this activity RECENTLY (like maybe when Josh was "camping" the second time) ? If the dirt near where the dogs are hitting is being reported to be recently disturbed- what exactly is that timeframe? Weeks possibly?

Wow I was just thinking maybe they aren't finding the body because he moved her, and I didn't know about this timeline. He went camping after the last search in August? He may well have dug up the body and moved it. I think having had an investigator watching him (like a PI does) would have been a wise move after the search was done in the WA home, predicting he might make such a move. Investigators sounded quite confident about the search of the WA home:

“We came here looking for specific things, and some of those things we’ve been able to find,” West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said Thursday night, about six hours after investigators arrived at the house. He called the evidence collected “very, very important” to the investigation.

“What we have here today will help us draw closer to a conclusion,” Merritt said. “Whether it’s the conclusion that everybody wants and hopes for, we don’t know. It may be a conclusion that nobody wants to admit could happen.”

http://www.king5.com/news/local/steven-powell-susan-powell-flitatious-relationship-128459213.html

MOO.

I am wondering the same thing about Tony Abbott!

the guy said 1 foot deep by two across by three feet long. I think. Does anyone know what the area looks like? Is it a cave or flat land? Was wondering if they keep digging the deeper it gets the more i wonder if it is some pioneer grave or something. Then i think i heard them say it was 10 yrs or younger i wish they would tell more the suspence is keeping me awake. and btw, where is you know who now? has anyone been over there to ask him?

Hmmmm.......it almost seems the dogs are hitting on where the body WAS at some point, and there might still be fragments.

Abbott does sound a bit cryptic in his interview:

After speaking with police, Abbott declined to give specifics of his information to a reporter. But he said he has long been aware of the Susan Powell case and it wasn’t until this week that he decided the tip might be important.

"I hadn’t seen [police searching] in the area before, particularly this part of the country," Abbott said.

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52582781-78/powell-police-remains-search.html.csp

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29197675/detail.html

It's interesting, their use of words. 50/50 sounds so definitive, doesn't it? The sound of it sounds very serious. I imagine that is how JP is going to take it. However, 50/50 also means simply, it's either SP or it's not SP. So 50/50 can definitely be looked at differently depending on the reader. Anyways, does that even make sense?

All I've seen is this picture of the search site, It's what Ben Winslow posted after yesterdays search. He called it the "scene" in the tweet I posted then.

397986797.jpg

http://twitpic.com/6ky8kt

original post

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7124759&postcount=168"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - New Search 9/12/2011[/ame]

ETA, he had another picture that has since been romoved that appeared dto have tire tracks and closer. Can't find it now! Probably nothing though.

There was another report about how they are still searching. Maybe they have figured out that JP moved the body when he went camping from that site and are now looking for the new burial site.

31250788c6c3db14f80e6a7067006701.jpg

A police officer continues to search the Topaz Mountain area for missing Utah mother Susan Powell Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, 50 miles northwest of Delta, Utah. Some human remains were found on Wednesday but It wasn't immediately known if they belonged to Susan Powell, or if they were even female. Powell disappeared from her West Valley City home in December 2009 and hasn't been seen since. (AP Photo/George Frey)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/police...az-mountain-area-missing-photo-191503828.html

I wondered if while WVCPD was in Puyallup if they put GPS locators on anything; they had jp standing in the back of the house and during that time something could be placed on his van. :)

I was thinking this at first also- that it was a GPS that caused the police to have such a specific target. I theorized that Josh moved Susan on a potential 2nd trip from Topaz mtn. to somewhere else. However then my DH asked me why the police wouldn't know where he moved her TO after that if they did in theory have GPS on him? Well pooh DH, you made a great point... So I am not so sure about the GPS theory anymore, he kind of blew that out of the water for me.

I am concerned with some of the specific wording coming out of the authorities today. Some of it is being used for a reason and my thoughts are really wondering why they also brought out MORE dogs today to the same spot. I think either there is something there that they can't SEE physically yet or something was there, and is gone now.

I think Josh freaked after the search warrant was served because he knew the police would have information on where Susan was buried. I think he left on August 26th and moved her. I think Tony Abbott may have saw Josh in the area in recent weeks and the combination of his witness report along with whatever the police found during the search warrant is what led police to this specific location.

I don't know... Just all theory. I might change my mind again in a few minutes. ;)

Susan I have prayed for your return and for your boys and family so many nights. I hope and pray that you will be found and that the TRUTH will be known and that justice will come swiftly to those who harmed you. So many people are praying for you and your loved ones...

Sorwy Bessie, I knew I was cruising not linking. But...I did at first. Can I put them in my siggie so I don't have to keep posting them? Thanks and listened to Bessie Smith the other night!! Hope all is well! xoxo

ETA, the tweets were moving fast!
:seeya: I think you're good, Dr. K. You've all done a great job keeping us updated. Thank you!

It's interesting, their use of words. 50/50 sounds so definitive, doesn't it? The sound of it sounds very serious. I imagine that is how JP is going to take it. However, 50/50 also means simply, it's either SP or it's not SP. So 50/50 can definitely be looked at differently depending on the reader. Anyways, does that even make sense?

I've been following this all day and maybe it's time for me to go watch NG reruns, lol, but maybe this is another cryptic "msg" from LE. Many of us thought the person at the PC at the search in Ely might be sending a msg when he was talking about changing his clothes. imo

The witness came forward once he learned that searching was being done in the area where he felt he had seen something unusual back in 2009, is that what he is saying, am confused.

The witness came forward once he learned that searching was being done in the area where he felt he had seen something unusual back in 2009, is that what he is saying, am confused.

He doesn't specifically say he saw something in 2009 (unless I am missing part of his statement mentioned elsewhere.) If he was told by authorities not to give the specific information on the date he saw the mysterious activity, his answer was a good one in the sense he didn't state a lie.

I was thinking this at first also- that it was a GPS that caused the police to have such a specific target. I theorized that Josh moved Susan on a potential 2nd trip from Topaz mtn. to somewhere else. However then my DH asked me why the police wouldn't know where he moved her TO after that if they did in theory have GPS on him? Well pooh DH, you made a great point... So I am not so sure about the GPS theory anymore, he kind of blew that out of the water for me.

I am concerned with some of the specific wording coming out of the authorities today. Some of it is being used for a reason and my thoughts are really wondering why they also brought out MORE dogs today to the same spot. I think either there is something there that they can't SEE physically yet or something was there, and is gone now.

I think Josh freaked after the search warrant was served because he knew the police would have information on where Susan was buried. I think he left on August 26th and moved her. I think Tony Abbott may have saw Josh in the area in recent weeks and the combination of his witness report along with whatever the police found during the search warrant is what led police to this specific location.

I don't know... Just all theory. I might change my mind again in a few minutes. ;)

Susan I have prayed for your return and for your boys and family so many nights. I hope and pray that you will be found and that the TRUTH will be known and that justice will come swiftly to those who harmed you. So many people are praying for you and your loved ones...

Wouldn't it be a kicker if Mr Cox has had a PI "looking after" JP for sometime---just to keep a watch on the kids and his parenting-- maybe for a future court battle and JP took a trip to this area?

Personally, I think he regretted the 50/50 thing as soon as he said it. It almost looked like he winced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99