New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did the idea that her remains have been moved or relocated come from? If anybody can clarify, please? I promise to read and catch up, promise. :)

It is just a theory that some of us were tossing around and building on last night. Some of the choices in wording that were made at the press conference seem to align with this theory also. There is a timeline that possibly would have allowed Josh to move Susan's body after the search warrant was served at his home in WA on August 25th.

I think they are sifting now but haven't stopped digging for good. Right?

I am really hoping JP didn't move her from that location and then throw everything down a mine shaft or something.

If he did move her, I hope it was actually TO this location. If he did it in August, it would have been much easier to dig deeper and bury her several feet down. I really hope they still find her in there.

Those dogs are amazing, nonetheless.

JP moved the body then, hatesSociopaths? If this is indeed the case, why haven't they freaking have JP and SP under close watch? I mean come on!

Yes this was mine and other's theory since yesterday. Within 26 hours of the search of his house on August 25, 2011, JP left for "camping" with his two boys.

At this point, I would haul those two in for a thorough interrogation, and today. I would also talk to the boys, see what info they might provide.

Per KSL radio, they have stopped digging and are now sifting the soil that they already dug. No body.

I thought I read after that, though, that they will continue to dig. I took it as meaning they are sifting through the soil they already have (like in an archeological dig) because there could be clues in this soil at this level and it needs to documented. After they sift through this soil that has been removed, they will go down another layer and do the same until they (hopefully) hit something.

Here's where I read this:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52596626-78/powell-susan-police-search.html.csp

"Once the sifting process is finished, the team will assist in continued excavation at the site,

Once upon a time, one of my grandfathers was a sheriff. So naturally, I asked what he thought of this whole situation, since he'd dealt with some high profile murders. His opinion is that JP definitely killed her, and that his father knows and possibly helped.

As for what WVCPD is doing...they cannot and will not tell everything. They wouldn't call in BLM resources, their forensics resources, etc if they didn't have something concrete to tell them what they have.

As for the changing stories...that just seems logical. They let out a big piece, get the attention of their suspect, and then continue along with the "no comment" line. It's brilliant, actually, because the reaction has already been provoked.

This isn't a "well we thought there was something" it is a "we know there is something." These resources are costly, especially when your major case lieutenant and police chief are in Delta instead of their jurisdiction. Also, forensics working on this case instead of countless others.

There is something big, and we're going to find out in time. But we have to be patient. These people know exactly what they're doing.

You are like a big fluffy fleece blanket just out of the dryer and still warm. Thanks for the comforting post! It sure helped me. :)

If he did move her, I hope it was actually TO this location. If he did it in August, it would have been much easier to dig deeper and bury her several feet down. .

GOOD POINT!!!! I hadn't thought of that.

I thought I read after that, though, that they will continue to dig. I took it as meaning they are sifting through the soil they already have (like in an archeological dig) because there could be clues in this soil at this level and it needs to documented. After they sift through this soil that has been removed, they will go down another layer and do the same until they (hopefully) hit something.

Here's where I read this:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52596626-78/powell-susan-police-search.html.csp

"Once the sifting process is finished, the team will assist in continued excavation at the site,

Things should clarify greatly within 30 minutes at this news conference. This will be one not to miss. MOO.

Another rumor, I think. I can't tell you exactly where it came from, though.

IIRC, it was Tricia who said she got it from a very reliable source. I believe there is a separate thread for it also.

ETA: Oops, thanks Knox for the link. Your always on top of things!..:) TY

KSL radio just announced the press conference will be this afternoon, but did not give a specific time.

I am really hoping JP didn't move her from that location and then throw everything down a mine shaft or something.

If he did move her, I hope it was actually TO this location. If he did it in August, it would have been much easier to dig deeper and bury her several feet down. I really hope they still find her in there.

Those dogs are amazing, nonetheless.

Just can't imagine JP having the cajones to move or visit the area where he placed her...if it was him. I would think that would be a certain giveaway so to speak. Would someone else do his dirty work to continue to move the body...even once? I hope his brother MP has more sense than to get involved, but IIRC, he has military (intelligence) experience...and JP has stated his brother is a few states away from WA. Curious to where he now resides? He was continuing his Asian studies....so CA?

I hope im wrong, but Josh is like a little rat that knows all eyes have been on him for 2 years. I can't see him going out and moving the body. Maybe a friend would do it for him, but that's sick, twisted, and risky. MAYBE dad.

Just can't imagine JP having the cajones to move or visit the area where he placed her...if it was him. I would think that would be a certain giveaway so to speak. Would someone else do his dirty work to continue to move the body...even once? I hope his brother MP has more sense than to get involved, but IIRC, he has military (intelligence) experience...and JP has stated his brother is a few states away from WA. Curious to where he now resides? He was continuing his Asian studies....so CA?

I think JP knew he had to move the body, as the search of his home revealed Topaz Mntn to be where the body was. It may have taken investigators time to establish this (such as going through Steven Powell's journal or computer.) His dad probably pressured him to go. The idea of bringing another person besides him and his dad into this big secret is too risky for all involved IMO. No one would want to do that job anyway, other than the ones with blood on their hands already.

If I try to think like JP, I would have fabricated an identical camping trip with the boys starting late at night, to also give the impression this is something I do on occasion. I would have then driven down to Topaz Mntn, being very careful I wasn't being followed. Along the way there, I would have dug up a new spot (this takes several hours) that was ready to go upon my return. This would have been at least an hour away from where the body was, preferably more. Then I would dig up the body as quickly as possible and get the heck out of there. I would then take it to the new burial site, cover it with dirt, and again get the heck away from the area.

That's a lot of open territory to search; their best bet is to interrogate and try to break one of them. Also, talk to the boys and see what they can tell them. Additionally, at a press conference I would request information from anyone who saw them in the area from WA to Topaz Mntn between August 27, 2011 and about September 1, 2011 to please contact authorities.

Hopefully DNA will be found at the former burial site they have been looking at. I would think that's very likely. That will nail him.

MOO.

my guess is no remains were there the press conference is way too soon to be anything else especially after we heard that they were sifting instead of digging. I pray I'm wrong.

Oh and Cox at the seen and I'm sure he will not go pass the yellow crime scene tape. My opinion is when LE stated or news stated that Mr. Cox will be near the remain site was for JP ears.

I think JP knew he had to move the body, as the search of his home revealed Topaz Mntn to be where the body was. It may have taken investigators time to establish this (such as going through Steven Powell's journal or computer.) His dad probably pressured him to go. The idea of bringing another person besides him and his dad into this big secret is too risky for all involved IMO. No one would want to do that job anyway, other than the ones with blood on their hands already.

If I try to think like JP, I would have fabricated an identical camping trip with the boys starting late at night, to also give the impression this is something I do on occasion. I would have then driven down to Topaz Mntn, being very careful I wasn't being followed. Along the way there, I would have dug up a new spot (this takes several hours) that was ready to go upon my return. This would have been at least an hour away from where the body was, preferably more. Then I would dig up the body as quickly as possible and get the heck out of there. I would then take it to the new burial site, cover it with dirt, and again get the heck away from the area.

That's a lot of open territory to search; their best bet is to interrogate and try to break one of them. Also, talk to the boys and see what they can tell them. Additionally, at a press conference I would request information from anyone who saw them in the area from WA to Topaz Mntn between August 27, 2011 and about September 1, 2011 to please contact authorities.

Hopefully DNA will be found at the former burial site they have been looking at. I would think that's very likely. That will nail him.

MOO.
no way he could do all that with the boys in the vehicle. No hotel because there would be a record. My guess is, someone is covering for him and were watching they boys when he went away. Perhaps a swap of the kids at a location out of town.

No way josh would take the kids to another "camping trip" to move the body. Then again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member