New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to SuziQ for the update on remains being found, I'm hoping beyond hope this is Susan. I honestly believed that she would never be found so getting this news today is stunning.

Sending out some love for the Cox family and friends.

It is sounding like bones and no articles of clothing are near the body. Would he have removed all her clothes so she couldn't be identified by them? Not too bright, still, since DNA can always come from unclothed remains. One would think there would be some threads of something near the remains that the body had around it when it got there.

I had a gut feeling as I stated earlier in this forum that I expected results from this search but never so quickly as from the time I left the office to the time I got home! Just wow......I just know down deep inside this is Susan. Another gut feeling....

If they find a skull... the hair and teeth will go a long way to giving them an idea whether or not it's her... until they can do DNA.

And I had the dream the other night they found Susan and Josh took off camping with the boys, killed himself, and I woke myself up at the thought of did he kill the boys.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
I can see the cops over a ridge, guarding the scene. Medical examiner won't come until tomorrow. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
The scene. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah http://twitpic.com/6ky8kt

397986797.jpg

OMGosh, just saw the news!! Is it Susan guys? Could this really be it?

AndrewAdamsKSL Andrew Adams
Kirk Graves, husb. of Josh Powell's estrngd sster: "Hearing that there's 'human remains found' is the hardest thing we can hear." #findsusan

Graves: "Not just because we're afraid it might be Susan but we're also afraid it might not be Susan." #findsusan

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewAdamsKSL

The other teams still searching makes me think that there are not any clothes. I wonder how buried that body was... if it was a mine or cave.

I cannot begin to tell ya'll how excited I am about this find. No more lies (when the body is confirmed as Susan's) from the deceitful, disingenious hubby! And maybe as a result of all of this the Cox's will have access if not complete custody of those darling children of hers!

I thank God every day for those beautiful, wonderful cadaver dogs.....my company just built a huge dog hospital at Lackland AFB in San Antonio. A state of the art hospital and training facility for the dogs that go to war for us, the dogs that participate in search and rescues, the cadaver dogs..... It's a project that makes me quite proud to have been a part of.

Kirk Graves, husb. of Josh Powell's estrngd sster: "Hearing that there's 'human remains found' is the hardest thing we can hear." #findsusan

Graves: "Not just because we're afraid it might be Susan but we're also afraid it might not be Susan." #findsusan

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewAdamsKSL

I can most definitely relate to what KG is saying...JMHO

They are constantly looking for volunteers to raise the dogs from puppy to training age. If anyone is interested it's the "Military Working Dog Facility" at Lackland AFB.

If they find a skull... the hair and teeth will go a long way to giving them an idea whether or not it's her... until they can do DNA.

If there's a skull/jaw, dental comparisons can be done within hours, and are definitive.

Results of dentals could be in this evening.

If they are truly EXCAVATING, that's not someone who wandered into the desert and died.

ETA:
OK, I just read that the ME won't be there until the morning.
We can wait.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
I can see the cops over a ridge, guarding the scene. Medical examiner won't come until tomorrow. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

Ugh. That's going to make for a long, dark night for whoever has to stay there.

About 2 1/2 hours, on good roads.

If you drive there via "pony express routes" from Sarah Circle in WVC, it's about 162 miles to the junction. There's another 9-10 miles, IIRC, to the Topaz fields themselves. I can't remember if the inroad was paved.

It's a logical area for him, because the roads are good all the way in ... AND, didn't we hear earlier, that they had visited Topaz Mountain?
You don't take a body to a place you're unfamiliar with, especially in the dark.

I'll bet the Puyallup PD was in place watching Casa Powell for activity, before this hit the news.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

No ME until tomorrow. The wait must be excruciating for Susan's family and friends.

Wonder what JP and SP are up to this evening......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876