New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go out "pony express routes", it's about 162 miles.

It's a logical area for him, because the roads are good all the way in ... AND, didn't we hear earlier, that they had visited Topaz Mountain?
You don't take a body to a place you're unfamiliar with, especially in the dark.

I'll bet the Puyallup PD was in place watching Casa Powell for activity, before this hit the news.

In the middle of the night, on potentially icy roads, that's probably more like 3 - 3 1/2 hours. That would be plenty of time to go, take care of his dark work, sleep, do some CYA activity (maybe even S'mores) with the boys, and make it back.

If you go out "pony express routes", it's about 162 miles.

It's a logical area for him, because the roads are good all the way in ... AND, didn't we hear earlier, that they had visited Topaz Mountain?
You don't take a body to a place you're unfamiliar with, especially in the dark.

I'll bet the Puyallup PD was in place watching Casa Powell for activity, before this hit the news.

I just sent news links about the remains to the Puyallup newspaper. I hope jp/sp read that paper; morning coffee and reading the news that their goose are cooked..

I was trying to figure out how far from where Josh said he went camping the remains were found. I found this tweet from a reporter saying 28 miles.

HopeWoodside hope woodside

West Valley police find human remains 28 miles from where Josh Powell says he was camping before his wife disappeared.

47 minutes ago

Ben Winslow is saying that the spot where they've been found is accessible by a two-wheel-drive vehicle. It's a few hundred yards off a road.

He says that once they found the remains, they brought in five dogs to confirm they were human - all five confirmed it, separately.

I hope to God LE is keeping a good close eye on those children, or better yet, that they can find some reason to have CPS remove them on an emergency basis. I don't feel good at all about the children being with Josh or his father right now.

They are not searching anymore... even though it's not dark. They are just waiting for the ME to come tomorrow.

If they didn't have a complete body... or at least the crucial parts... they would still be looking for the rest of it, wouldn't they?

Beane, I took Nate Carlise coordinates that he posted on twitter, and mapped Pony Express Trail, Dugway, UT and it's 23 miles. Yesterday I did Pony Express and Topaz Mountain, UT and it was 24.6 miles apart.

N 39.72218 W 113.07269

ETA

Suggested routes 23.1 mi, 1 hour 30 minsSimpson Springs-Callao Rd
24.9 mi, 1 hour 37 minsSimpson Springs-Callao Rd
29.1 mi, 1 hour 54 minsFlint Spring Rd
Driving directions to Pony Express

I have a question please....I haven't followed this case very close- Could someone tell me if it was indeed established & true JP took those boys camping that fateful night??? Or is it possible he left them with his father or someone else while he went on a 'road trip'??

I just sent news links about the remains to the Puyallup newspaper. I hope jp/sp read that paper; morning coffee and reading the news that their goose are cooked..

All three major Seattle news stations have this as breaking news, don't need to wait for a newspaper.

can someone remind me where Steve Powell was that night? and if it was verified? It seems to me that the boys would notice that their father (Josh) was away for an extended period of time while they were camping (20-30 mins to go a few hundred yards to bury the body) unless they were asleep. If they were sleeping in the car/tent/camper etc, then there is no witness to anything Josh was doing that would seem suspicious to the boys. If they left at 12:30am and Josh woke the boys at that time, he could have killed her pretty silently between 9-12 and hid the body in the car.

I have a question please....I haven't followed this case very close- Could someone tell me if it was indeed established & true JP took those boys camping that fateful night??? Or is it possible he left them with his father or someone else while he went on a 'road trip'??

As far as anyone knows, he had them with him the whole time. Whether they were actually camping? Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010