New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be terribly aggravating for the neighbors, but I was very relieved to see lots of reporters there, because of the kids. I hope the reporters stay all night.

I think both you and I would be more comfortable if there were cameras keeping an eye on the inside for the safety of those boys though!

Does anyone besides me find it intriguing that Josh and Steve Powell couldn't shut UP when they were searching Ely and now they have remains and they are zipped up tight?

What sent them to search that area? I am thinking they brought the 5 dogs to confirm human bones is because that skeleton is probably still BURIED... that is why they said EXCAVATION. MOO

We had no reason to think that Susan had been in Ely.

We know she has been to Topaz Mountain.

Statistically, the odds of someone else dying, or being dumped in an area that Susan has camped... is pretty slim in my opinion.

What sent them to search that area? I am thinking they brought the 5 dogs to confirm human bones is because that skeleton is probably still BURIED... that is why they said EXCAVATION. MOO

Yes I think that is why they are waiting for morning when ME arrives. I thinks it's a procedural thing and they may even have to have certain forensic tools in order to accomplish the excavation.

Police have encouraged citizens to report any tips which may be connected to Susan Powell’s disappearance. On Wednesday, Tony Abbott, of Delta, and his father drove to the scene of the search to tell investigators about some unusual activity he saw along a road.

After speaking with police, Abbott declined to give specifics of his information to a reporter. But he said he has long been aware of the Susan Powell case and it wasnt’ until this week he decided the tip might be important.

"I hadn’t seen [police searching] in the area before, particularly this part of the country," Abbott said.

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52582781-78/powell-police-remains-search.html.csp
Did Abbott talk to police before or after the bones were discovered, anyone know?

Love it! Bring on the cameras, the trucks, the media. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Death penalty for AT LEAST one P. But I pray someone takes the children away from all of this...

Love it! Bring on the cameras, the trucks, the media. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Death penalty for AT LEAST one P. But I pray someone takes the children away from all of this...
yes, where are the webcams on these 2 guys?
Pressure from media,neighbors?
I hope one cracks under pressure (JP)
and we get justice for beautiful, sweet Susan!
Get those boys back to grandpa Cox.
What a trauma for those boys!:twocents:

I'll be talking with a close friend of Susan's later this evening. I'll post as soon as our conversation is over. Hopefully we'll have more news by then.

Tricia

Did Abbott talk to police before or after the bones were discovered, anyone know?

Unknown....but from the pictures, the remains weren't found "near the road" (which is where Abbott saw suspicious activity).

IF he claims he saw the perp out there in early Dec 2009, Abbott will be used by the defense in the same way that the meter reader was used by Baez in the Anthony case.

Abbott had heard of the case, knew that searches were going on all around his area ... and just spoke up now?

Cadaver dogs trained to find remains

Cadaver dogs that located human remains near Delta Wednesday during a desert search for signs of Susan Cox Powell have been an asset to law enforcement in other high-profile cases.
Carbon County Sheriff’s Deputy Wally Hendricks, who helped West Valley City detectives search the Topaz Mountain area for the missing mother, organizes the cadaver dog program for Utah. The program operates mostly through volunteers, the majority who have a search and rescue or other law enforcement background.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52585690-78/dogs-search-cadaver-hendricks.html.csp

Unknown....but from the pictures, the remains weren't found "near the road" (which is where Abbott saw suspicious activity).

IF he claims he saw the perp out there in early Dec 2009, Abbott will be used by the defense in the same way that the meter reader was used by Baez in the Anthony case.

Abbott had heard of the case, knew that searches were going on all around his area ... and just spoke up now?

To be fair, Abbott said this was the first time he had seen LE search in this area.

I have a question please....I haven't followed this case very close- Could someone tell me if it was indeed established & true JP took those boys camping that fateful night??? Or is it possible he left them with his father or someone else while he went on a 'road trip'??

Apparently, yes. The boys were not seen by anyone else.

It's too far to Puyallup, to drive back and forth in the time allowed.

To be fair, Abbott said this was the first time he had seen LE search in this area.

Yes, I understand. But he's smack dab between Ely and Simpson Springs, Pony Express, yadaydada and knew about the case. If he'd followed it, and knew about the mine rumors, I'd think he'd also think about the mines around Topaz Mountain.

Even we found an old mine out there, a few years ago....and we were unfamiliar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee