New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone remind me where Steve Powell was that night? and if it was verified? It seems to me that the boys would notice that their father (Josh) was away for an extended period of time while they were camping (20-30 mins to go a few hundred yards to bury the body) unless they were asleep. If they were sleeping in the car/tent/camper etc, then there is no witness to anything Josh was doing that would seem suspicious to the boys. If they left at 12:30am and Josh woke the boys at that time, he could have killed her pretty silently between 9-12 and hid the body in the car.

As far as I know, Steve Powell was at home in Puyallup.

There was no tent or camper. They supposedly slept in the van. As for having to leave them alone while he disposed of her, I can believe that. We drive from SLC to Denver at least twice a year. Sometimes, we'll drive late at night. With young kids, it's easier to let them sleep, and I have never had trouble staying awake when I drive. I'm always amazed at how they wake up after I've been driving for eight hours, and they say, "Whoa! We're here?"

In other words, at 3AM, or whatever time they would have arrived, I could see the boys being completely out. The thought of leaving your boys in a van in the middle of nowhere makes me sick. But for a guy who is dragging their mother through the snow to bury her in a shallow grave, it probably was no big deal.

As far as anyone knows, he had them with him the whole time. Whether they were actually camping? Who knows?

The 4-year-old confirmed the camping story with LE, according to an AP story I read a few minutes ago.

aacuna1 Alicia Acuna-Orozco
Charles Cox said polilce told him they did not know (at time of call) how long the human remains had been in the remote area. #findsusan
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Charles Cox, Susan Powell's father tells Fox News West Valley City Police told him they found a shallow grave during search #findsusan

http://twitter.com/#!/aacuna1

Better chance for the remains to be kept together being buried, hopefully.

At the below link on the left side of the page are some great photos of the dogs.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52582781-78/powell-police-susan-remains.html.csp

(snipped from the link above)

Chuck Cox is doubtful remains recovered Wednesday belong to his daughter, since the remote location would have been difficult to reach during a snowstorm that occurred the night of the woman’s disappearance.

I pray his doubts are wrong...can anyone in the area give us some insight about how remote the area can be? Was the storm that bad that night that a murderer that is desperate to dispose of a body could in no way access it?

Charles Cox said polilce told him they did not know (at time of call) how long the human remains had been in the remote area. #findsusan
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Charles Cox, Susan Powell's father tells Fox News West Valley City Police told him they found a shallow grave during search #findsusan

http://twitter.com/#!/aacuna1

So then, not some lost soul who died while hiking or camping...

All three major Seattle news stations have this as breaking news, don't need to wait for a newspaper.

True but it was a nice visual to think of them choking on their morning java.

There were several of us who did independent searches; IDRINKCOKE from another forum was out there as well. Just the act of sending a link to them was a bit of satisfaction. There must be justice for Susan and her family, especially her babies.

Do you have links to local media coverage since you are in WA? TIA

TheEricJensen Eric Jensen
It's a live truck parking lot outside the house where Josh Powell lives after human remains were found in Utah. yfrog.com/h2xjqlij
45 minutes ago

scaled.php

http://yfrog.com/z/h2xjqlij

http://twitter.com/#!/TheEricJensen/status/114115881377865729

Chuck Cox is doubtful remains recovered Wednesday belong to his daughter, since the remote location would have been difficult to reach during a snowstorm that occurred the night of the woman’s disappearance.

I pray his doubts are wrong...can anyone in the area give us some insight about how remote the area can be? Was the storm that bad that night that a murderer that is desperate to dispose of a body could in no way access it?
Her body would've remained well preserved in the winter. He might've hidden it and returned later to bury it after the snow melted.

Before I left the office I thought I saw a tweet that said they were packing it in for the day. Got home, turned on the computer and it was right at the top of fox news about the remains found.

I'm not sure Ms Facetious, maybe it's a precedural thing that they have to wait for ME.

I hope to God LE is keeping a good close eye on those children, or better yet, that they can find some reason to have CPS remove them on an emergency basis. I don't feel good at all about the children being with Josh or his father right now.

Had the same thought. Anyone think Josh might be suicidal?

Has Josh made any comments to press?

Sorry still at work and just able to peak.

From October 2010

NANCY GRACE
Utah Cops and Volunteers Search Abandoned Mine Shaft for Susan Powell
Aired October 7, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: "The National Enquirer" reports one of Susan Powell`s young sons allegedly blurted out, Mommy is in the mine, looking for crystals.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/07/ng.01.html

Topaz Mountain

Topaz Mountain is one of the world's great places to find topaz, a semiprecious gemstone that occurs as hard transparent crystals, in a variety of shades.

Topaz Mountain is composed of a volcanic rock known as rhyolite. Topaz crystals formed in cavities in the rhyolite. When first uncovered it is amber in color, but it quickly turns clear when exposed to sunlight. The crystals at right are shown as they appear when found, mostly encased in mineral. Those in the pano above have been cleaned up.

http://www.juabtravel.com/topaz_mountain.htm

Had the same thought. Anyone think Josh might be suicidal?

No, he doesn't have the guts for that. He's a total...well, I'm sure I would be reprimanded for saying it. He will go down whining and squealing like a little baby.

can someone remind me where Steve Powell was that night? and if it was verified? It seems to me that the boys would notice that their father (Josh) was away for an extended period of time while they were camping (20-30 mins to go a few hundred yards to bury the body) unless they were asleep. If they were sleeping in the car/tent/camper etc, then there is no witness to anything Josh was doing that would seem suspicious to the boys. If they left at 12:30am and Josh woke the boys at that time, he could have killed her pretty silently between 9-12 and hid the body in the car.

That is EXACTLY what I think happened, and when. I think Susan's body was in the back of that vehicle that night. I think she was already looking for "crystals" in God's kingdom.

You may want to read a few pages earlier in the thread because I don't know their exact verbage but the locals in Utah were saying it was the ONLY direction he could have gone and that some of the areas at that campsite would get no snow at ALL.

As far as anyone knows, he had them with him the whole time. Whether they were actually camping? Who knows?

Just bouncing off of your post...

Is it possible he lied about where they were camping? Maybe he didn't need to drive 24-28 miles at all... there was a snowstorm that night, right? So I'd think car tracks and footprints would get covered quickly... maybe?

Or ... he took a 'scenic route' to their camping trip. The boys might be asleep, he makes a dumping pitstop and then continues on his way. But even if they were awake, "Just stay in the car boys. I have to shift some stuff around in the trunk." It's dark, they can't see what he's doing behind the car, lid stays up while he dumps... (Presuming it's a car and not an SUV.)

Also, they've been saying 'remains'. Didn't an article state they brought the dogs over to confirm that they were human bones? Which to me means no skull. So if it was just a few human bones, it may be possible she wasn't dumped where the bones were found and that those bones were dragged there by scavengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee