New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would involve chuck cox unless they have something for him to see.
My personal opinion is they allowed Mr. Cox to be there because they want him to not give away unwillingly tactic's LE is using to catch JP and SP MOO

SinKittyVixen, :welcome: :fireworks: :wagon:

It's nice to have you here!

I have been thinking about this. I actually have some sympathy for LE. Imagine that they are trying to do their job and they are out there performing a search. Imagine that they found something of interest; and they want to continue to investigate this "interest". However, the news media is there. LE is trying to follow proper protocols; however, the media is demanding answers. What have you found? What exactly are you doing? Why have you called the BLM here?

The indicate that human remains have been "found". They know what this means to them; but to us - the public - we interpret it as something greater than what they intend. LE IS very excited about this find. They DO want to find out what exactly is there. However, they must satisfy the media and the public BEFORE they actually know exactly what this find is.

There should be a better way, but, how would everyone feel if they said - No comment until we know for certain what we have here?

I am surprised that Susan's dad would be allowed up near the excavation site as well...at least until they have determined that this is in fact Susan, and not some other person...but maybe they do have an item or two that suggests Susan, despite their denial. A few days ago, they indicated they had found a few items of interest (I think that was the term) although now they seem to be denying that.

I am surprised that Susan's dad would be allowed up near the excavation site as well...at least until they have determined that this is in fact Susan, and not some other person...but maybe they do have an item or two that suggests Susan, despite their denial. A few days ago, they indicated they had found a few items of interest (I think that was the term) although now they seem to be denying that.

I agree. It would be really weird to have mr. Cox near the site of somebody else's missing person.

A day or so ago I thought I saw a rumor that a cross was found at or near the site. I am thinking that perhaps their "lead" or "tip" they recieved may have mentioned that cross. And that may be what leads them to be so certain that there are remains and that they are Susan.

JMO but I don't think they are letting Susan's dad go to the actual
excavation site!

I actually think they are. I don't think they're going to let him help, or anything. But the way it's sounded today, they are going to let him observe.

It does seem a little strange.

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Chuck Cox (Susan's father) is en route. He will be allowed to get close to the grave site, cops say. @fox13now #SusanPowell #findsusan #Utah

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Police still won't say much about the shallow grave. They'll bring in fresh cadaver dogs today. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Chuck Cox (Susan's father) is en route. He will be allowed to get close to the grave site, cops say. @fox13now #SusanPowell #findsusan #Utah
23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » BenWinslow Ben Winslow

The dirt they've dug up will be looked at for bone fragments, tissue, etc. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
NEW: WVC PD sent its forensics van to the grave site. They will sift through the dirt today. No digging for a bit. @fox13now #findsusan
26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

A day or so ago I thought I saw a rumor that a cross was found at or near the site. I am thinking that perhaps their "lead" or "tip" they recieved may have mentioned that cross. And that may be what leads them to be so certain that there are remains and that they are Susan.

Does anyone here think JP or dear old dad would put a cross, makeshift or not, near her real grave? I don't.

I actually think they are. I don't think they're going to let him help, or anything. But the way it's sounded today, they are going to let him observe.

It does seem a little strange.

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow BenWinslow Ben Winslow

I deleted my post because I just saw that....
I think they must have some type of info that it relates to Susan.. otherwise
I don't see them letting him go so close!
JMO

I have been thinking about this. I actually have some sympathy for LE. Imagine that they are trying to do their job and they are out there performing a search. Imagine that they found something of interest; and they want to continue to investigate this "interest". However, the news media is there. LE is trying to follow proper protocols; however, the media is demanding answers. What have you found? What exactly are you doing? Why have you called the BLM here?

The indicate that human remains have been "found". They know what this means to them; but to us - the public - we interpret it as something greater than what they intend. LE IS very excited about this find. They DO want to find out what exactly is there. However, they must satisfy the media and the public BEFORE they actually know exactly what this find is.

There should be a better way, but, how would everyone feel if they said - No comment until we know for certain what we have here?

Other LE have tried to hide it and often it hurts them in court. The defense always makes it an issue if they say they were there on a training meeting and just happened to find something.

No way jp or daddy dearest put a cross there. They have one goal.....not get caught.

My speculation is that they have used the media to try to scare SP into doing something incriminating.

The problem they are trying to solve IMO is that they KNOW Susan was disposed of there by JP, through the search warrant results obtained at the WA home. I think the likely way is through either Steven Powell's journal (perhaps the leak NG got was that it came from a journal, and they surmised it was Susan's, but it was actually Steven's, who still obsesses about her and would get off on visiting the grave site) (ETA: by "get off" I mean he would feel a heightened sense of fantasy fulfillment by visiting the grave, a "rush" so to speak) or through a Google map on his hard drive of how to get to Topaz Mountain.

So they broadcasted they were searching the area, in hopes SP would do something stupid. Unfortunately, JP appears to have beaten them to the area by a couple of weeks. He knew they got something from his house that would lead them to Topaz Mntn, so he fabricated a camping trip with his kids and moved the body.

The saving grace is that Abbott saw JP doing something suspicious at the grave site in late Aug on that "camping trip" and reported it when he saw the search going on Wednesday.

That then led investigators to the burial site. They dug it up, and found no body. IMO the decomposition will still have remnants in the soil, which will have DNA to identify it as Susan. This will take some time (does anyone know how long?)

They then decided to use the fact they found the burial site and that JP was seen by Abbot to cast that out into the media, but in such a way that only JP would know the Abbott details of what he witnessed. They again wanted to see if he would do something incriminating. They specifically used "human remains" and brought Cox out to the site to let JP know or think what they've got is going to nail him. They want to amp out his paranoia and see what he does. He'll probably be called in for a good long interrogation any minute. They would likely do that as well with his dad (he knows IMO), who I think may be breakable and could lead to the case breaking wide open. They could offer immunity, for example.

The trail is very HOT and this thing is going to break wide-open within hours/days IMO.

MOO.

Is it possible that SP may have hired someone to go and move Susan's remains? Could JP have left her somewhere else, and daddy dearest called someone and told them to "get rid of the evidence, and save my son"? Could the lead be someone that heard something from someone else?

I keep going back to the presser yesterday. He just seemed so confident that they are on the right track. I was waffling yesterday morning until I saw that press conference. After that, I just have to believe that they know a lot more than they are saying to the public. Something just feels different about this whole situation. The search, the quick find (in the middle of a vast desert), the vibrant interview, the quiet from the P's....

Does anyone here think JP or dear old dad would put a cross, makeshift or not, near her real grave? I don't.

I know it sounds weird, but I do. JP for instance was into the Mormon church. If he had killed her as a non-premeditated act he might actually have some remorse immediately after. Or maybe after spending some time answering his boys questions about where is Mom. If so he might have raised a little cross in order to try to salve his conscious.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Police still won't say much about the shallow grave. They'll bring in fresh cadaver dogs today. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply » BenWinslow Ben Winslow

The dirt they've dug up will be looked at for bone fragments, tissue, etc. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
NEW: WVC PD sent its forensics van to the grave site. They will sift through the dirt today. No digging for a bit. @fox13now #findsusan
26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

I wonder if the PD have info that SP is not in one piece? Did they find something at SP's house to indicate that she had been dismembered or some other eerie thing?

This is really sad!!! Hi All!! :seeya:

FYI, on the cross rumor.

I vaguely remember seeing something about a cross this week, but I can't remember the context in which I saw it. It almost seems that it was only indirectly related to this, like someone saying, "There was another case that seemed like this, and what led them to the grave was a makeshift cross..." Does anyone remember a specific reference where it came up?

Josh and Steve Powell may be negative enough about the LDS Church so that it doesn't apply, but Mormons don't really use crosses in their worship. And I would find it hard to believe that either of these two cretins would have "found religion" enough to have decided to honor the woman they've so dishonored with their actions to put a cross at her disgraceful excuse for a resting place.

Yes!
In the Mormon religion we don't have crosses, or wear cross jewlery etc.
It has been reported that Josh was not active, and that his dad
did not like the Mormon church... so yeah.. I could totally see it!

edit to add:
By them putting it there.. it would be done as an negative gesture IMO

I deleted my post because I just saw that....
I think they must have some type of info that it relates to Susan.. otherwise
I don't see them letting him go so close!
JMO

Prayers for Mr. Cox!

I just keep thinking about Morgan Harrington's parents being allowed to view her remains at the discovery site:(................

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member