New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am growing more and more uncomfortable with this situation by the moment.

God, poor Mr. Cox- he should not be on site. If there is something to be identified belonging to Susan, it should be done after being processed at the site, and then entered into evidence at the agency- not while waiting at a search site. And not to mention that if there are human remains, they may not be Susan.

Gah. I am really, really concerned about all of this.
I really hope it's just bad reporting.

Why don't they move the media well out of the perimeter if they believe they have found evidence of human remains?

I know it sounds weird, but I do. JP for instance was into the Mormon church. If he had killed her as a non-premeditated act he might actually have some remorse immediately after. Or maybe after spending some time answering his boys questions about where is Mom. If so he might have raised a little cross in order to try to salve his conscious.

...assuming he has one...

My :twocents:....

If Mr. Cox wants to go there, he can. Unless it is going to hurt the investigation, that is. This is his daughter and he's gone through hell already. :tears:

If this isn't Susan and is someone else, I'm sure he'll be just as sensitive after having to walk in the other family's shoes.

Very sad.

Does anyone here think JP or dear old dad would put a cross, makeshift or not, near her real grave? I don't.

I believe Steven Powell would. Wouldn't surprise if he took flowers and poems there as well. That stuff would have been grabbed by JP in late August when he moved the body, though.

Yes!
In the Mormon religion we don't have crosses, or wear cross jewlery etc.
It has been reported that Josh was not active, and that his dad
did not like the Mormon church... so yeah.. I could totally see it!

edit to add:
By them putting it there.. it would be done as an insult IMO

So he could have erected a cross as a last dig at her about her involvement in the church. Sort of like you don't believe in crosses, so I will put one on your grave.

I am baffled at the way this is being handled by LE...but hope they have a plan and know what they are doing. As far as sending a "message" to Josh...well as soon as they set foot in this area, he knew that either they were close or they weren't, IMO, so why any additional message would need to be sent is beyond me.

God, poor Mr. Powell- he should not be on site. If there is something to be identified belonging to Susan, it should be done after being processed at the site, and then entered entered into evidence at the agency- not while waiting at a search site. And not to mention that if there are human remains, they may not be Susan.

Why don't they move the media well out of the perimeter if they believe they have found evidence of human remains?

As for the media, I don't think they're very close. I know Ben Winslow has said a few times in his tweets that they (the media) are all trying to figure out which mountain they could climb to get pictures of where they are actually digging.

As for Chuck Cox, I completely agree. I can see nothing good from him being there. I don't remember the last time I felt so much sympathy for a person, as I do him. He seems like such a sweet, kind man. And I have a little girl. I just can't imagine! But law enforcement has a job to do, and inviting him to witness it can't do anything to help them with that job. It just seems odd.

I am baffled at the way this is being handled by LE...but hope they have a plan and know what they are doing. As far as sending a "message" to Josh...well as soon as they set foot in this area, he knew that either they were close or they weren't, IMO, so why any additional message would need to be sent is beyond me.

It's one thing to be in the area, another to be at the original burial site, excavating human remains, bringing the father out, etc.

God, poor Mr. Powell- he should not be on site. If there is something to be identified belonging to Susan, it should be done after being processed at the site, and then entered into evidence at the agency- not while waiting at a search site. And not to mention that if there are human remains, they may not be Susan.

I'm surprised by that as well. Do they normally allow family to be at the discovery site? I understand having a family member identify a body after the fact but when they're actually digging? I don't recall ever following a case where this has occurred.

My speculation is that they have used the media to try to scare SP into doing something incriminating.

The problem they are trying to solve IMO is that they KNOW Susan was disposed of there by JP, through the search warrant results obtained at the WA home. I think the likely way is through either Steven Powell's journal (perhaps the leak NG got was that it came from a journal, and they surmised it was Susan's, but it was actually Steven's, who still obsesses about her and would get off on visiting the grave site) or through a Google map on his hard drive of how to get to Topaz Mountain.

<snipped>.

MOO.

BBM I have to go shampoo my BRAIN now; that would be the ultimate irony, finding sp's DNA there because he 'got off' visiting there. :sick:

So he could have erected a cross as a last dig at her about her involvement in the church. Sort of like you don't believe in crosses, so I will put one on your grave.

That, I could see.

It's a similar concept to the one of putting such unflattering pictures of her on her tasteless website - insult to injury.

Such disgusting, pathetic men.

Yes.. that is exactley what I would think they would do... if
it is actually her grave and there was a cross placed on it.

I actually think they are. I don't think they're going to let him help, or anything. But the way it's sounded today, they are going to let him observe.

It does seem a little strange.

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Chuck Cox (Susan's father) is en route. He will be allowed to get close to the grave site, cops say. @fox13now #SusanPowell #findsusan #Utah

I just don't understand this....at all. Why would they let him be there? Yes, if they came across something---like identifying jewelry, etc he could be nearby (Delta) in order to say yes or no, but to be at the actual site makes absolutely no sense to me. We know there was a control issue going on between the Coxes and Powells, but what psychological advantage would be gained by LE if this was being played out?

Someone chime in please, because I'm' just not getting this....... ????????

Recently, some human remains were found at some sort of public use area in Illinois. People were talking it about it briefly around here, wondering if it was Stacy Peterson -- what a coincidence if both Susan and Stacy's remains were found in a couple of weeks....

There was a make-shift cross at THAT site in IL.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=662197#.TnN-B-ucO4E

From that article:
Police have covered a 20 foot by 20 foot area of land near the John Hay Public Area where a fisherman found the bones on Saturday.

It was obvious to the fisherman that there was a makeshift cross near the remains. The items were weathered and very aged and were found near the shoreline and in the water.

More at link.

BBM I have to go shampoo my BRAIN now; that would be the ultimate irony, finding sp's DNA there because he 'got off' visiting there. :sick:

Possible, but what I meant by "get off" is that visiting the site would give him a heightened sense of fulfillment of his fantasies about her. A rush, so to speak. Reading his lyrics about her and reading up on all the stories about keeping her underwear, sexual advances, photos, videos, etc. is how I arrived at that.

I just don't understand this....at all. Why would they let him be there? Yes, if they came across something---like identifying jewelry, etc he could be nearby (Delta) in order to say yes or no, but to be at the actual site makes absolutely no sense to me. We know there was a control issue going on between the Coxes and Powells, but what psychological advantage would be gained by LE if this was being played out?

Someone chime in please, because I'm' just not getting this....... ????????
Puzzles me, too!
JP and SP certainly (from all appearances) loathe the Cox family. LE is well aware of this. Could LE be putting pressure on the two P's by allowing Mr. Cox to get near the site?

My :twocents:....

If Mr. Cox wants to go there, he can. Unless it is going to hurt the investigation, that is. This is his daughter and he's gone through hell already. :tears:

If this isn't Susan and is someone else, I'm sure he'll be just as sensitive after having to walk in the other family's shoes.

Very sad.

Kimster, I totally understand what you are saying- and I absolutely was not implying that he would not be sensitive were it to be someone elses loved one...he seems incredibly sensitive. And I can understand him wanting to be on site.

I just have never come across a situation where that ends well. :(

But I guess everyone is different.

Recently, some human remains were found at some sort of public use area in Illinois. People were talking it about it briefly around here, wondering if it was Stacy Peterson -- what a coincidence if both Susan and Stacy's remains were found in a couple of weeks....

There was a make-shift cross at THAT site in IL.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=662197#.TnN-B-ucO4E

From that article:
Police have covered a 20 foot by 20 foot area of land near the John Hay Public Area where a fisherman found the bones on Saturday.

It was obvious to the fisherman that there was a makeshift cross near the remains. The items were weathered and very aged and were found near the shoreline and in the water.

More at link.

Yeah, that's right. I'm almost sure that's where the cross rumor started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV