New website for Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine if you popped up now with a site about BL and perpetuated association to the parents or endorsement by the parents by claiming it official and making mentions to "our daughter" like this site does without their permission, you would likely receive a nice cease and desist letter from one of their counsel. :moo:

Cease and desist? What copyright/patent am I infringing on? The word 'official'? The name 'Lisa Irwin'? Fake sites go up all the time?

I'm not saying that the parents didn't have a hand in the site, was just responding to the point that it is possible for someone to put up a fake site and say it's 'official'. If you look on that site, is there anything on there that someone wouldn't be able to get from the public domain? What makes it 'official' other than the homepage text?

Thanks for your reply hambirg. The link you provided is great but I still was wondering about the successful website you mentioned before.

I'm still curious whether the subject matter vs the design of the website is key to it's popularity?

I'm not familiar with the subject matter of the other website, but I think it's popularity is due to SEO, which is exactly why I think the "official" Lisa Irwin page was buried on purpose.

Cease and desist? What copyright/patent am I infringing on? The word 'official'? The name 'Lisa Irwin'? Fake sites go up all the time?

I'm not saying that the parents didn't have a hand in the site, was just responding to the point that it is possible for someone to put up a fake site and say it's 'official'. If you look on that site, is there anything on there that someone wouldn't be able to get from the public domain? What makes it 'official' other than the homepage text?

Wasn't there a family member endorsing it on FB?

I'm not on FB myself, just going by what askfornina posted.

Considering he owns a very successful website, with all the normal design elements of most other websites, AND he advertises as a web designer on that site, I think he knows about web design.

We can help you get started by registering your own unique domain name, hosting and then launching your own website. After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

http://barrelhorseworld.com/websites/

ETA- just wanted to point out this part. . .

After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

In my humble opinion this is not what I would consider a professional web product. I have looked through several of his websites and they look like some of those free websites that you can build yourself. I use a drop and drag for one of my websites and frontpage for the other. I am not putting the person down but these are very simple web designs that you can find free all over the net.

I still stand by my statement that the comments are being stored in the root directory and whomever is running the site does not realize this. Also if you look at the bottom of the page I don't think they finalized it. Yes the page probably came with instructions however it is never an easy task.

I really don't care how many hits a site receives. I want numbers that tell me independent hits not #'s. Heck 90% of those hits could be web crawlers. When you sell advertising to a company you must show them your page stats. Independent hits are what they are looking for. One of my pages has a lot of independent hits while the other has mostly web crawlers.

I understand that this case is very frustrating but this IMO is really a non-issue. We do not know who's running the page. Maybe if it hasn't been done someone should message the person on FB that runs the BL page this was posted on. All IMO

Thanks for your reply hambirg. The link you provided is great but I still was wondering about the successful website you mentioned before.

I'm still curious whether the subject matter vs the design of the website is key to it's popularity?

It's submission to search engines and webcrawlers that help create a false sense of a successful website. As I posted above one of my websites gets a lot of independent hits (actual people looking at it) while the other one receives a lot of hits but most of them are web crawlers. For both of these sites I am very high up in the search terms but that doesn't mean that both businesses are successful.

Ugh I hope that I explained that to be clear as a bell

JMO but this kind of site will never be very successful in terms of visitors because there is nothing that keeps people coming back. If the page doesn't get any updates and there is no discussion, no news, no nothing, just the same information that is available on a number of other sites too, and it just stays the same for weeks and months on end people will come once or twice, see it's the same as before and never visit again.

Wasn't there a family member endorsing it on FB?

I'm not on FB myself, just going by what askfornina posted.

It was posted on one public FB page, one time that I saw by an extended family member, alongside a link to another FB page. (This was March 13) That FB page, in the "info" section, has a link to findlisairwin.com, and it says both pages are endorsed by the family. Several family members have posted on that FB page.

Just as a side note, this paragraph from the website:
To the family of the abductors- ATTENTION! All new Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles- You may be holding our daughter in your arms! The people who have our daughter LISA have been lying to you! If a new child 1- 1 1/2 yrs. old has entered your family after October 4, 2011 PLEASE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK!

It was posted by Deborah's aunt Cindy in image form on various FB pages March 2, then several times after that.

postercindychivalette.jpg

In my humble opinion this is not what I would consider a professional web product. I have looked through several of his websites and they look like some of those free websites that you can build yourself. I use a drop and drag for one of my websites and frontpage for the other. I am not putting the person down but these are very simple web designs that you can find free all over the net.

I still stand by my statement that the comments are being stored in the root directory and whomever is running the site does not realize this. Also if you look at the bottom of the page I don't think they finalized it. Yes the page probably came with instructions however it is never an easy task.

I really don't care how many hits a site receives. I want numbers that tell me independent hits not #'s. Heck 90% of those hits could be web crawlers. When you sell advertising to a company you must show them your page stats. Independent hits are what they are looking for. One of my pages has a lot of independent hits while the other has mostly web crawlers.

I understand that this case is very frustrating but this IMO is really a non-issue. We do not know who's running the page. Maybe if it hasn't been done someone should message the person on FB that runs the BL page this was posted on. All IMO

The point is they paid this guy $199 or the benefactor did, or he donated it. .BUT there is nothing professional about this site. Somebody that knows a thing or two about successful websites will know how to drive traffic to one he designed. This site doesn't even come up AT ALL for a Google search of "Lisa Irwin" or "Baby Lisa." That says something. . .whoever is behind this site does not want anybody to really see the site. Period. If the parents were serious about running a site to help find Lisa it would not be this.

Just an FYI. . .the site now has some comments listed. . .only positive, "we are praying for you" types.

Still no pictures or videos.

Still no conditions of the reward.

Still no "Please call the tipline <with the number>" on the front page.

Still no narrative of who Lisa is or what allegedly happened to her.

:(

Just an FYI. . .the site now has some comments listed. . .only positive, "we are praying for you" types.

I didn't think they were going to put negative stuff on there (hence the moderation). I see that my comment is up there though.

There have been some changes, but looks more like window dressing. Added a facebook link, added the missing poster to the 'what can you do' link. Wasn't there a statement by the parents on the home page?

Hope the page gets updated more. I don't think your going get reward conditions or the narrative though.

on the fb page in the "info" section it states that both the fb page and the findlisa website are "ran" by "the irwin/bradley family"

guess this means JI and DB... as it does not say "the irwin/bradley families" ??

Looks like they followed the tip I left them.

http://findlisairwin.com/

That's great, RANCH. :) Glad to see the website has been updated a little bit. Hopefully more updates come in the future.

ETA: http://findlisairwin.com/?page_id=40

I like that the NCMEC flyer is posted on this page now, in addition to the PDF link. If you click on the photo of the flyer, it brings you to a page for easy printing. I know someone mentioned that not everyone has the ability to view PDFs.

All I can say is....poor little Lisa...:shakehead:

All I can say is I'm glad they took my advice and changed the one small mistake that I found. It's probably because I sent a respectful message saying that I was trying to help find Lisa. Not a scathing personal attack on whomever was responsible for the website. I'm sure that's why I got results.

All I can say is I'm glad they took my advice and changed the one small mistake that I found. It's probably because I sent a respectful message saying that I was trying to help find Lisa. Not a scathing personal attack on whomever was responsible for the website. I'm sure that's why I got results.

Thank you RANCH for trying and succeeding in making a positive difference for Lisa Irwin. Kudos to you. :rocker:

i doubt altering that verb tense is going to help find lisa...

one that might? "the parents of lisa irwin refuse (scratch that) agree to sought after interviews with LE".

i doubt altering that verb tense is going to help find lisa...

one that might? "the parents of lisa irwin refuse (scratch that) agree to sought after interviews with LE".

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I think that positive thoughts are helpful. Away with your negative thoughts. <modsnip>

I guess it's the way you look at it.

Negative thoughts - Not wanting the killers of Lisa to get away with it and not wanting to buy into the D/T spin and hype.

Positive thoughts - Finding justice for baby Lisa

I personally consider my thoughts and actions in this case to be positive - for the justice that this little innocent baby deserves. I could care less what some website builder does. I believe the parents or one parent is guilty. That is my personal right. I won't buy into a bunch of pish posh of inconsistencies, spin, coverups and general protection of guilty people, whether they are parents or not. To me, this is all about LISA and what SHE deserves! It's not about the parents. The difference in my philosophy is that I am negative toward the obviously guilty parents. My positivity is for Lisa...LISA...no one else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84