GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they seem to have been doing a good bit of outdoor searching, but I really wish they would make personal, face to face contact with her (closer) friends along with their parents.....I don't know if that would encourage kids to speak up IF they knew anything....

I wonder if she was accustomed to walking to friends houses in the afternoons/evenings? Have they checked other routes that she has or is known to have walked? ( besides to school)

:tos:

Let's remember that Facebook pages of BF and BF's family (as well as Abigail's family) are not allowed unless or until one of these folks is declared a POI or suspect in this case.

:notgood:

I'm sorry if this has been talked about and I missed it, but she is listed as last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt but it doesn't look like she is wearing a gray sweatshirt in the video still of her leaving the school. Perhaps that is one of the indicators that she arrived home.

I'm sorry if this has been talked about and I missed it, but she is listed as last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt but it doesn't look like she is wearing a gray sweatshirt in the video still of her leaving the school. Perhaps that is one of the indicators that she arrived home.

I saw somewhere that they changed the description of what she was originally seen wearing. It doesn't seem like it's been changed everywhere, and seems like most of the posters still have the same description of clothing, but on some sites, at least, it's been updated to reflect a sweater, not a gray sweatshirt.

At first I thought maybe she came home and changed clothes, but if that were the case, the surveillance camera at her school wouldn't have caught her in the updated outfit. I think it was just report wrong, initially.

There have been comments about her friends being so quiet and it maybe because they were told to or I wonder if she is fairly new to this area. When I did a google search of her house to see a map of the area, the first hit was this condo was bought in Nov. 30th, 2012. I wish we knew if she grew up this area for some reason. I also noticed the house is on a corner, so it does give more visability if you used the nice balcony/porch area. There is a picture (same one that is on videos shots) here: http://www.newenglandmoves.com/prop...-4179769//86-Village-Way-Conway-NH-03860.aspx

Welcome, Danak!

Is there any insight you can share, from a local's perspective? From what I've read (from our other local member, comments on articles, various FB posts), I get the impression locals are as baffled by Abby's disappearance as the rest of us, but was curious as to whether or not you're hearing any particular theme over another about what could have happened.

It is baffling , but mostly I've heard much frustration with lack of details. Unfortunately this is more of the same from DA Jane Young. We had the Dittmeyer case where JY told us over and over they had no info and there was nothing to be concerned about as a community , of course soon after they found the body and made arrests quickly after.

The other case being Celina Cass, more of the same from JY no info, Celina is just "missing", " nothing shows foul play" until Celina was found bound and drowned. Of course no arrests since.

That is what I am hearing. She has pushed this community a bit too far with this act . It is getting very old.

Wonder what the connection to Massachusetts is?

Mass lent their Helo to help with the search. It was circling over the Walmart area on friday afternoon. Same radius over and over . Im guessing it was just a courtesy to give the NHSP Helo a break .

Dont know if this has been noted here , and I will try to find the photo I saw on Twitter today. The authorities were searching dumpsters that had been hauled back to the CPD station .

Here is the link :

http://t.co/S9ns9x6Y0D

Although the FBI & LE are tight-lipped in all these cases, it doesn't mean they are always successful by far. I am beginning to think or hope they re-evaluate given knew media forums etc. what works & what doesn't; are they keeping up? I am racking my brain & I know many of you will know this particular case in an instance. She was 10 or 11, missing before school, turned out a 16 or 17 yr. old, a few streets over killed her, kept some parts in his home & tossed her remains by a culvert on the side of a road. A few weeks later police released a wooden cross that was found at the site her remains were found & BANGO the case was solved or at least added a witness that "yes", the cross was his. Not sure, it pays these days for LE to be so silent when you require so much evidence for a conviction or even a frigging search warrant...but that is JMO.

Although the FBI & LE are tight-lipped in all these cases, it doesn't mean they are always successful by far. I am beginning to think or hope they re-evaluate given knew media forums etc. what works & what doesn't; are they keeping up? I am racking my brain & I know many of you will know this particular case in an instance. She was 10 or 11, missing before school, turned out a 16 or 17 yr. old, a few streets over killed her, kept some parts in his home & tossed her remains by a culvert on the side of a road. A few weeks later police released a wooden cross that was found at the site her remains were found & BANGO the case was solved or at least added a witness that "yes", the cross was his. Not sure, it pays these days for LE to be so silent when you require so much evidence for a conviction or even a frigging search warrant...but that is JMO.

Jessica ridgeway

Just wanted to jump in here to this site , as I live in Center Conway.

A few things...

I passed through that intersection from the north on Wed as the busses were coming out of the school. I headed east towards the path that is the shortcut for walking students. I didnt see anybody. And this is where my brain is to be blamed. I pass through that intersection many times during the week. At one point this week there was a DOT truck parked on the right side of Eastman Rd. so that I had to scoot over to the left. (annoying) I cant remember if this happened Wed afternoon or not. My point being that that DOT crew would have had a perfect view of where the path opens to the street . I called the FBI and let them know.

Also I was hung up in the roadblock on Friday. The FBI agent asked if I was local, if I had heard or seen anything, etc. The interesting question he asked was . " Do you have children ? " . I answered yes , but found the question out of place , sort of. Disclaimer: i am a 40-year old white male driving a windowless unmarked white van . They took my name and plate number and sent me on my way.

I am glad to be able to post here , and any other questions about Conway I'd be happy to answer.

In your opinion, what happened?

Are there maps of the area somewhere?

Abigail’s mom certainly expresses emotional distress. However, I believe after viewing her pleas as part of daily statements she appears to be scripted.

It is often that she mentions Abby by name—she personalizes her as more than a missing girl. I believe she is speaking to the person(S) who still may be holding Abby –IF this is the case. MOO

Suppression of information and statements of this being not to do about anything—‘don’t worry—don’t read into this’ are all gap fillers to answer hard question and to protect the integrity of the situation.

Sorry but it makes me more uneasy as time goes by and the same assurances are expressed.

I am an optimist. But it does not keep me from recognizing all the evil in the world—even those who would take you from your home.

I hope your still out there Abby—never give up.

All moo with utmost respect to Abby, family and LE. Bring em home.

Would you happen to have a link?
I missed it.

has anyone pulled the RSO's?

and I wonder if they have checked every single condo

This doesn't sound good. I'd like to map it ... where should I start ... the intersection? Forest? Are there existing maps ...

In your opinion, what happened?

Judging by the search area and the odd but seemingly exact location and precise time of the roadblock (2:30pm schools out, the roadblock was in a small stretch of road ) , I'd say she was last seen right there in front of Walmart. I dont think she went home , as that area was searched later on and with less veracity by volunteer FD. The area behind Walmart has been the center of the search the whole time and has been under the watch of the NHSP . The Helo was also circling that area at the time of the roadblock. They were trying to recreate traffic both auto on the road, and foot traffic along the paths behind WM for that precise time.

By watching LE's actions I can get an idea of what they are thinking.

good grief- have the checked motels/hotels?? there are like 15 that I counted in less than 1 mile of her home

Judging by the search area and the odd but seemingly exact location and precise time of the roadblock (2:30pm schools out, the roadblock was in a small stretch of road ) , I'd say she was last seen right there in front of Walmart. I dont think she went home , as that area was searched later on and with less veracity by volunteer FD. The area behind Walmart has been the center of the search the whole time and has been under the watch of the NHSP . The Helo was also circling that area at the time of the roadblock. They were trying to recreate traffic both auto on the road, and foot traffic along the paths behind WM for that precise time.

By watching LE's actions I can get an idea of what they are thinking.

I don't have the address of the Walmart. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3