GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM:
Understood. But with that letter we do not know that it is, in fact, authentic, other than LE saying "at this juncture we believe..." I still say that that statement was significant. If it was written by Abby without doubt, (which has not been said) Did she write it willingly? Was she unduly influenced?

If she has made more contact then that would be an occasion for pure joy and celebration. I see no reason, having publicized the first letter and the pleas for more contact, that LE would not release that info. The hope and the attentiveness that would result would be invaluable IMO.

Having said that, I think we should consider; Is a barely 15 yo teen really in a position to make an informed choice as to weather she "likes" her new life? So even if she seems willing, but is incapable of making good choices, IMO that is being "held".

I am actually jumping off your post Clu, so not directed at you.

moo.

Oh she has no business being anywhere but at home. I am thinking she may think she likes her new life, if she is alive and away by her choice...but that in no way diminishes the urgency in locating her.yet I feel like there would be some kind of trail (electronic) to any person she would remain with for so long. So it is very confusing, however many many teens DO leave on purpose and are often away for long periods of time. And in many cases, they may not have run away before. So that has to be an option, even if her mother does not believe it, Imo. A person has to have a first time, for anything they do. Anyway...I have no real feeling/idea as to what happened in Abigail's case at all.

I hope this doesn't come across as sleuthing a minor, and I hope that it hasn't been discussed over and over again here, but did Abigail play some sort of multiplayer internet game? Something like World of Warcraft? Or perhaps something more innocuous but still (forgive the expression) addictive?

These things can be addictive, for better or worse. I started playing games like chess over the internet before there was really an internet -- entering moves on IBM paper keypunch cards. But in all honesty I was just a lad then -- it was still very addictive.

I hope this doesn't come across as sleuthing a minor, and I hope that it hasn't been discussed over and over again here, but did Abigail play some sort of multiplayer internet game? Something like World of Warcraft? Or perhaps something more innocuous but still (forgive the expression) addictive?

These things can be addictive, for better or worse. I started playing games like chess over the internet before there was really an internet -- entering moves on IBM paper keypunch cards. But in all honesty I was just a lad then -- it was still very addictive.

There is no evidence in any of her social media or any other avenue that she was ever into anything of that sort. IMO absent any indication supporting such a theory, there is no value in obscure speculations.

Didnt Abby and her bf spend last summer together playing video games? They very well may have been connected to strangers and playing with or against them. I've never done it, but the guys I work with often play video games together, but from their own homes.

Didnt Abby and her bf spend last summer together playing video games? They very well may have been connected to strangers and playing with or against them. I've never done it, but the guys I work with often play video games together, but from their own homes.

Yes they did and there are many different types of video games - some are shared/played online others are not. People I have known that play RPG type games can't help but include it or references to it in their everyday lives since it is an absorbing/ obsessive/ addictive type of activity. I have seen nothing to indicate that Abby or her friends are that deeply into gaming.
JMO

I wonder if LE is investigating any of the IP addresses that visit the BAH site/Zenya's videos.. to see if anything of note turned up.

I believe Patrick McDermott was found using a similar method.

Just an idea, it seems like it would be very work-intensive to try to get any fruitful knowledge that way. But thought I would throw it out there since the case seems (at least to the public) to be at a bit of a standstill.

There is no evidence in any of her social media or any other avenue that she was ever into anything of that sort. IMO absent any indication supporting such a theory, there is no value in obscure speculations.

Actually, the post below yours suggests that she did play some online games, so I don't think it's fair to call my speculations 'obscure' (which really doesn't fit anyhow, again, to be fair).

Yes they did and there are many different types of video games - some are shared/played online others are not. People I have known that play RPG type games can't help but include it or references to it in their everyday lives since it is an absorbing/ obsessive/ addictive type of activity. I have seen nothing to indicate that Abby or her friends are that deeply into gaming.
JMO

Actually, the post below yours suggests that she did play some online games, so I don't think it's fair to call my speculations 'obscure' (which really doesn't fit anyhow, again, to be fair).

Agreed, the poster did suggest that, as did you and my next post addressed that. Lots of kids play video games without an internet connection. You asked "did Abigail play some sort of multiplayer internet game?" To which I replied there is no evidence [of that].Yes she played video games - it has been mentioned in MSM - but there is no evidence she played online games.

"Campbell recalled how they would laugh as J**** would teach her how to play a Zombies themed video game on PS3."
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

Learning how to play "A" game on PS3 does not sound like someone addicted to online gaming. So there is no evidence she was into that, indeed the evidence is that she was not.

To be fair "obscure" is not some kind of insult but rather an accurate description of a speculation we have no basis for;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obscure

ob·scure
adjective \äb-ˈskyur, əb-\

: not well-known : not known to most people
: difficult to understand : likely to be understood by only a few people
: difficult or impossible to know completely and with certainty

Nothing personal there Monty - sorry if you took it that way.

someone made an interesting comment that they would have a stronger belief that AH was abducted if there had been no letter. I think this letter is very significant and let me explain why. Without a letter I don't think anyone would question this girl was abducted, after all she came from a loving family, was very connected to her community, had lots of friends, a boyfriend with a family who loved her like their own, and even though her parents were going through a divorce it sounds like it's amicable, and she has two dogs. But then this letter comes and it had a dramatic cooling effect, JC made some really strong comments, people started posting that this was a family matter and everyone should leave it be, others said this was a girl who wanted to be gone so why get involved. The thing is, I think the letter was genius by whoever is holding her, they essentially cooled the public pressure that was being put on the whole situation. AH's face was posted everywhere, her image was on national news, there would be no where to hide her and I'm sure whoever has her felt that the walls were closing in. The best way to cool the public and have them turn a blind eye and stop looking for her was to have AH write a letter, and I'm positive that that letter was written under duress and it was meant to call off the public, make them believe she was just another bratty runaway so no one would keep an eye out for her. In fact, some have posted that even if they saw her they wouldn't report it. That's why I believe that letter was a ploy and a significant indicator that she's not only being held but in grave danger.
Just wanted to add, there is nothing to indicated ZH is a nasty person, she's very level headed on camera, very concerned, very warm. Not the kind of a mother that would have a child leave and keep away from. There's no history of abuse, etc. So for a child to run away, stay away this long, leave two days before her birthday, not contact her family during thanksgiving or even Christmas there would have to have been some really horrible things going on in the house, beyond just divorce. The only plausible thing is that AH was abducted that day and isn't able to contact her family of her own accord.
And one more thing, I promise the last thing! This is why it's SOOOO vitally important that the pressure is kept up, why it's so important to put her picture out there, paste it on every telephone poll, truckstop, share on facebook, twitter, and so on. That pressure made whoever has her feel trapped, trapped enough they made her write a letter to cool things off. Obviously all the multi-media onslaught was causing her abductor to feel pressured. So let's pressure them enough that they just drop her off at a bus station and let her go.

someone made an interesting comment that they would have a stronger belief that AH was abducted if there had been no letter. I think this letter is very significant and let me explain why. Without a letter I don't think anyone would question this girl was abducted, after all she came from a loving family, was very connected to her community, had lots of friends, a boyfriend with a family who loved her like their own, and even though her parents were going through a divorce it sounds like it's amicable, and she has two dogs. But then this letter comes and it had a dramatic cooling effect, JC made some really strong comments, people started posting that this was a family matter and everyone should leave it be, others said this was a girl who wanted to be gone so why get involved. The thing is, I think the letter was genius by whoever is holding her, they essentially cooled the public pressure that was being put on the whole situation. AH's face was posted everywhere, her image was on national news, there would be no where to hide her and I'm sure whoever has her felt that the walls were closing in. The best way to cool the public and have them turn a blind eye and stop looking for her was to have AH write a letter, and I'm positive that that letter was written under duress and it was meant to call off the public, make them believe she was just another bratty runaway so no one would keep an eye out for her. In fact, some have posted that even if they saw her they wouldn't report it. That's why I believe that letter was a ploy and a significant indicator that she's not only being held but in grave danger.
Just wanted to add, there is nothing to indicated ZH is a nasty person, she's very level headed on camera, very concerned, very warm. Not the kind of a mother that would have a child leave and keep away from. There's no history of abuse, etc. So for a child to run away, stay away this long, leave two days before her birthday, not contact her family during thanksgiving or even Christmas there would have to have been some really horrible things going on in the house, beyond just divorce. The only plausible thing is that AH was abducted that day and isn't able to contact her family of her own accord.
And one more thing, I promise the last thing! This is why it's SOOOO vitally important that the pressure is kept up, why it's so important to put her picture out there, paste it on every telephone poll, truckstop, share on facebook, twitter, and so on. That pressure made whoever has her feel trapped, trapped enough they made her write a letter to cool things off. Obviously all the multi-media onslaught was causing her abductor to feel pressured. So let's pressure them enough that they just drop her off at a bus station and let her go.

100% Agree, YES! That letter, I think we can all agree, was never meant to be shared…. for all of those reasons above.

Hey, Abby, if you are out there and have found this thread, I just wanted to say I hope you are alright. I've been reading (for what seems like days, now, trying to catch up) about a man who went missing in January and has now been found. I want you to be found. I want you to come back to your mom and sister and all of your friends. You must know how you are loved and how many people think of you and how you are missed. If you are in control, please find your way home. If not, my deepest desire is that, somehow, your loved ones can find the answers to the puzzle of your disappearance. For one who has never met you, my heart aches. Where are you?!

Bumping for Abby. So many people looking for you, and just waiting for that one clue to drop into place......

You know how we've been trying to figure out where Abby went missing from? Was she taken (or willingly go, ugh) from the Power Line Trail? Eastman Road? Behind WalMart? N/S Road? Settlers' Green? One of the little roads near her home? I've noticed on the BAH FB page that they are now openly saying that she disappeared from a "busy" street. I'm not sure when that started popping up (maybe since ZH said it in an interview?) but it narrows down the options.

A new message posted from Abby's Mom;

"In the beginning, minutes and hours lasted eternity. Hours turned to days, weeks, months. In the first days, I didn’t think I could survive the blinding shock, not even for a week. The shock turned to despair, the ache, a scorch of doubt, the lasting heavy pain."

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/492/

You know how we've been trying to figure out where Abby went missing from? Was she taken (or willingly go, ugh) from the Power Line Trail? Eastman Road? Behind WalMart? N/S Road? Settlers' Green? One of the little roads near her home? I've noticed on the BAH FB page that they are now openly saying that she disappeared from a "busy" street. I'm not sure when that started popping up (maybe since ZH said it in an interview?) but it narrows down the options.

So you know, this isn't new, it was first stated in October. It really just means she was last seen at the high school in a confirmed sighting and that area from there to her house is a busy area (in the relative way we say "busy" in North Conway - i.e. not Time Square busy but not 100 miles into the National Forest wilderness either).

A "confirmed" sighting being someone who knew her as opposed to the multiple unconfirmed sightings that were reported on N/S Road and stated in the official LE timeline that we have posted at the website at http://www.bringabbyhome.com/abbys-timeline/

Since my last post a few weeks ago was read into that I was either very stressed or trying to make someone look stupid, I will qualify this that if I sound mean or snarky in this response, I don't mean to. I just tend to be a pretty direct person and I wanted to jump on this one before people thought this was "new" news. I think we have had it on the website since the website went live in November and I used the phrasing in the online vigil as well.

These clarifications are good, PKirsch. And MamaJoJo ~ it's such a great question. I have wondered the same each time I see the "busy road" phrase.

I just wish that more sightings would pop up. Someone MUST have seen her.
Let's keep posting and sharing. Who knows if the one person who sees a post
may recognize her, or remember something....

So you know, this isn't new, it was first stated in October. It really just means she was last seen at the high school in a confirmed sighting and that area from there to her house is a busy area (in the relative way we say "busy" in North Conway - i.e. not Time Square busy but not 100 miles into the National Forest wilderness either).

A "confirmed" sighting being someone who knew her as opposed to the multiple unconfirmed sightings that were reported on N/S Road and stated in the official LE timeline that we have posted at the website at http://www.bringabbyhome.com/abbys-timeline/

Since my last post a few weeks ago was read into that I was either very stressed or trying to make someone look stupid, I will qualify this that if I sound mean or snarky in this response, I don't mean to. I just tend to be a pretty direct person and I wanted to jump on this one before people thought this was "new" news. I think we have had it on the website since the website went live in November and I used the phrasing in the online vigil as well.

Thanks, Paul. As involved as I am in the details of Abby's case, I seemed to have missed that "busy street" had been being used commonly to describe where she went missing from. When the phrasing was first used, we all jumped on it and analyzed the options and the consensus was that, just as you said, it must mean "busy area", in general. I was just struck by the difference in phrasing from what I recall as being "area" to the more specific "street".

For me, if she went missing from a busy street, it doesn't mean she was taken from the Power Line Trail or that she went to meet someone behind WalMart (just some of the postulations we've come up with). It means more Eastman Road or N/S Road. What I'm trying to say is that using the words "busy street" in describing where she went missing from, when we (at least I) don't know exactly where, is misleading.

But, I see now, by your post, that "busy street" is being used to indicate her last confirmed sighting on Eagle's Way. I get it. I appreciate your quick response to my post. And, I am not taking your response as anything but helpful. We all have a common goal here: to BRING ABBY HOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14