GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went into my local PD and handed them a fresh flier along with some good conversation. There have been some happenings in my town recently that have made me think of Abby and though I'm sure LE throughout the area is doing their job well, I thought it wouldn't hurt to keep Abby fresh in all of their minds. I have to say my visit was well-received… this is something everybody could do. A quick pop in to your local PD with a flier in hand. It also never hurts to be a name and a face in your local emergency offices (well unless you have things to hideLOL).

I can't imagine it could be Lizzie, after all this time surely there would not be much of a body to recover.... sadly.

Many, many surfers have been out. I have my local feelers out to see if anyone knows who this was. Thinking of her and her family.

Patricia Trow, 70, of Bedford was recovered in the water near Wallis Sands Beach in Rye.
The article said it was not a boating accident. I just saw it online.

Also as far as the Travel Centers of America. I started w Alabama and made it to Illinois last night. :)

Very sad to read the id of the person found in the water. Not much other info. RIP.

Totally O/T.... does anyone else have the page hang whenever the AT&T ad is at the top of the screen? So frustrating! Kind of defeats the purpose of the advertising here...

Patricia Trow, 70, of Bedford was recovered in the water near Wallis Sands Beach in Rye.

Also as far as the Travel Centers of America. I started w Alabama and made it to Illinois last night. :)

You are awesome, NightOwl!

Totally O/T.... does anyone else have the page hang whenever the AT&T ad is at the top of the screen? So frustrating! Kind of defeats the purpose of the advertising here...

Yes, but I didn't realize that it was the ad. I find that when I look away - it loads but if I look directly at it it stops - like it's scared or something.

:)

Condolences to the family.

Still relieved it is not our Abby.

Yes, but I didn't realize that it was the ad. I find that when I look away - it loads but if I look directly at it it stops - like it's scared or something.

:)

LOL Steleheart! I'll see if I can fake it out by looking away ;0

Looking and Night Owl....I'm so impressed with your efforts! I'll have to get out there and do the same. You are an inspiration!

Hey, Abby! I was just sitting here thinking that it'd be awesome if you knew how many people miss you and love you and are hoping you come home soon. I really hope you can see the letters from your mom, the letters and video from your friends and the map that shows you the breadth of concern. I hope someday you can read your thread here and see that we have spent countless hours trying to figure out what happened on October 9, 2013 that changed everyone's lives. We are all rooting for you, Abby. Find your way home, kiddo.

You have to keep posting, Jade. We are here to investigate what we can and draw conclusions from what we know. IMO, since none of us have a solid clue as to what actually happened to Abby, I believe all theories should be on the table. Your thoughts are just as valid as anyone else's. Pick apart the letters, agree with a reporter, dispense with the PI. As long as we are respectful and follow TOS, every idea has merit whether or not others agree with it, IMO.

Keep posting for Abby, Jade. She needs us.

P.S. I really hope your sister is doing a lot better!

His response didn't sound angry or make you "look stupid" to me, but just seemed to be clarifying. I think everyone should keep posting! That's how ideas are born and puzzle pieces click!

Jade - I agree with the others. Hang in there and share your observations. If you read a negative tone into PK's message, it is probably just a natural sign of stress. He's probably been living this case 24/7 for 5+ months.

To both Jade and Paul. This is hard, really hard and everyone is frustrated. I really think many of the negative comments on news media are examples of that frustration. Jade, Paul is in a weird position of knowing more than we do and not being able to say it all and also seeing misinformation that can muddy things and potentially make them worse. To us Abby is a missing child who we didn't know before she went missing, to Paul she's a real person and I'm sure someone he cared about and is worried about in ways that no one can understand, not even those of us who have been through similar things. I didn't get anger, I just got that he was frustrated with the PI who was looking for his 15 mins of fame and appearing to use the disappearance of someone Paul cared about to achieve that 15 mins. Like Paul said, that whole map analysis the PI did was laughable. Unless people had put their full address and phone number, it couldn't possibly be for anyone to know where to go if they can get away. The PI made a lot of wrong statements and it's maddening to have no means to correct them. So please, don't take anything personally, if there was tone I don't believe it was directed to you.
Paul, realize we don't know Abby, but we do care. I applaud your tireless efforts, and your "out of the box" ways of helping. I really do believe the way things have been done with social media will change how other missing children cases will be handled. But also realize that we should explore all possibilities, painful as they may be even if all those conversations do is keep this thread at the top of these forums. I do understand how hard it can be to be close to something and read things that are wrong and be able to do nothing about them. The rumors that people start are so upsetting and I especially love when media uses "experts" to state their personal opinions. Fact is, his opinion is only his personal opinion, expert or not and not much more valid than anyone else's opinion on what happened that day. But that's my opinion! At any rate, bear with us all who are bumbling through the dark and inadvertently bound to step on toes from time to time. What it all comes down to is finding this child, not anyone's ego (and this statement goes to me as well as anyone).
And also for the rest of us, it's always good to remember family as well as the victim may be reading these forums. Until Paul came I really didn't think about that much, and now that he's been active on the board it's made me more mindful of what and how I post and I believe that's a good thing.

Nicely stated Mom24.

Thank you.

We all want the same thing. Bring Abby Home!

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I still feel very strongly that Abby met with a dangerous, oppositional force and would be home by now if she could be. Find your way back, Abby.

<modsnip>

I've always felt that whoever Abby met with that day, it was someone she trusted and knew well. I also think they had other plans than she had that day and I've always worried that something went wrong. Early on I asked if there was a place the kids went to do drugs and drink, and my concern was that she was with friends and something happened. It's been my opinion that Abby hung out with a few kids that were way more sophisticated and street smart than she was and they may have inadvertently done something to her that day. The terrain is rough out there and with winter close to setting in, it would be spring before she was found. It would also explain a letter because in my opinion a close friend could easily write a letter and make it sound like Abby.

I've always been encouraged by the people who believe that they saw AH walking that day and I think she made it past the power line trail and past that area behind the Wal Mart. I know one woman on the MHFAH page mentioned that she saw AH walking that day and I just wonder where and at what time. Does anyone know how many people reported seeing her that day or where? I vaguely remember something about a rotary???
PK is right when he asks people to continue sharing. If Abby was taken by someone she could be anywhere and the best thing to do is to post her picture everywhere and to continue sharing. This is why I have tried to get her missing person posters in more states, along highways, and I just hope that someone has seen her. Nearly everyone in New England knows she is missing but what if she was taken somewhere where no one knows that she is missing! It takes me 5 seconds to put a flier in an envelope, drop it in the mail, and then I feel good knowing that day that I did something that maybe will help find Abby. Maybe one person will see her picture. Do not underestimate your ability to help others. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli