GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i agree, this is definitely not reaching at all. i wonder who this older boy was and if they had ever met in person. could this older boy have been posing as someone else? kind of like on that show "catfish" (its on mtv, not sure if anyone has seen it) there was an episode once in which a girl was talking to a guy online for awhile that seemed to good to be true. he was using fake pictures and a fake name on facebook which is very easy to do. when the "catfish" team finally figured out who this person was the girl was talking too online it was someone who had been obsessed with her in the past, was older than her, and was trying to reach out to her in any way he could to talk to her. i would imagine a younger teen like Abby would be more likely to fall for something like this.

This was the very thing that happened to Nichole Cable earlier this year.

Kyle Dube created a fake Facebook page using the name Bryan Butterfield of Bangor to communicate with Cable, according to the affidavit. Investigators learned of the page from the real Butterfield on May 14 after one of Cable’s friends said the 15-year-old had sent her a text on May 12 stating she was meeting “Butterfield.”

Butterfield told investigators that he suspected Dube had created “this fraudulent Facebook account; that he knew that Kyle wanted to have sex with Nichole, but that she has refused his advances,” the affidavit said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/...ble-was-kidnapping-gone-wrong-affidavit-says/

I understand your frustration on what LE and MSM releases. You have to understand that for the vast majority of 14/15 yo's, NOTHING is released by LE and MSM. I list maybe a hundred kids on NCMEC a month on the Information and Support thread and there is literally nothing at all on them. Most of them straggle home eventually. If she is a runaway, I would imagine she would follow that rule.

If there is foul play, LE has done a super job of getting out there and searching for her. And to get nationwide media coverage by the third or fourth day is amazing.

I am sure they are working very hard on finding Abby.

Seems every case Nancy Grace of JaneVM showcases on their show gets the bloggers rolling. MOO

Crickets, could you expand the top right corner view, for me there is beginning of eagles way, and a Perfect tiny area of the power line trail . Also want to see more of the dirt road past the rotary and where that goes. After Walmart, on that side of NS rd. There are only 2 business spots, chick lumber, and a small bike store. Thanks.

Here are links to two more detailed views of the areas you asked about (you can zoom in on them a bit further when you click on the photos):

North-South Road/Eagle's Way intersection showing powerline trail:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/0xoy.jpg/

Rotary between Wal Mart and Settlers' Green, showing path areas:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/z749.jpg/

So from all I have read the very last sighting of Abby was when she left school and the kids on the school bus saw her walking away and texting on her phone.

Nothing after that?

I say she was picked up right away by either a friend or foe.

Nobody just disappears in the middle of the day and nobody sees anything.

Why would Abby walk all that way home when there was a bus ride right there. Isn't her home about two miles from school?

Something made her skip the bus ride.

I am sure they are working very hard on finding Abby.

Seems every case Nancy Grace of JaneVM showcases on their show gets the bloggers rolling. MOO

IMO, we were "rolling" well before NG or JV caught on. :seeya:

I may have missed it, and if so, I apologize. But can someone tell me why the FBI, Secret Service and the NH AG's office jumped on this case right from the git-go? There are a lot of "missing persons" case every day and for the FBI and Secret Service to get involved right from day one is almost never heard of unless there is proof, or at least a high probability, of an abduction or foul play.

I'm Curious also! Something else is going on here as I see it.

Other cases where secret service was involved or not involved that I could find by MSM:

Kyron Horman - yes

Hailey Dunn - yes

Somer Thompson - no

Haleigh Cummings - no

Dylan Redwine - no

I wonder what exactly is the criteria for them to be involved? It certainly was very quick in this case.

Other cases where secret service was involved or not involved that I could find by MSM:

Kyron Horman - yes

Hailey Dunn - yes

Somer Thompson - no

Haleigh Cummings - no

Dylan Redwine - no

I wonder what exactly is the criteria for them to be involved? It certainly was very quick in this case.

It may be as simple as whether the local police asked for the Secret Service to help them out, and whether the Secret Service was the only agency that had the specific resources local law enforcement and/or state police didn't already have. North Conway is a very small town with a small police force, so they may have required help from both the FBI and the Secret Service, whereas a larger town/city might not require so much outside help.

Edited to add: Abigail was using a cell phone shortly before she disappeared, and was involved with social media, so perhaps the Secret Service and/or FBI are helping with looking at those calls/messages.

This young lady has captured my heart. I haven't posted on this thread much, but am praying that whoever took her (which I absolutely believe to be the case IMO) has her held somewhere to give police time to find them. I so hope she comes home safe. :please:

Since I am here in NC, I am trying to follow maps. So let me ask which of these is correct:
We believe Abigail walked past her home?....or She walked towards her home and then diverted to go down a dirt road?

Crickets or Hollye or our map plotter Plumeria , if she took the path directly across from power line on Eagles way, down behind the ciggie- beer place ( it has discount in the name) crossed the street near power station and cut thru there , on into settlers green and then headed towards Village Way......how far is that.

Since I am here in NC, I am trying to follow maps. So let me ask which of these is correct:
We believe Abigail walked past her home?....or She walked towards her home and then diverted to go down a dirt road?

The last confirmed sighting of her was on Eagle's Way, walking towards her home, then heading into the woods (to the powerline trail). There are unconfirmed reports from several people of a girl who resembled Abigail walking north (towards her home) shortly after that time on North-South Road near the rotary and Settlers' Green outlet center.

No not past her home....just from school to her home, she was walking. At first we heard she made it home, then we heard she MAY have never made it home. Last thing we can see with our own eyes is her leaving school. No clue which door that might be in that school either.

The traffic stops with LE were on NS rd pretty much in the beginning.

Crickets or Hollye or our map plotter Plumeria , if she took the path directly across from power line on Eagles way, down behind the ciggie- beer place ( it has discount in the name) crossed the street near power station and cut thru there , on into settlers green and then headed towards Village Way......how far is that.

I don't know about that specific route, but according to Google maps, the driving distance between the High School and her address at 86 Village Way is 1.9 miles (if she were to have walked the busier route of going west on rte 302 and then north on rte 16). Just eyeballing the map, it doesn't look to me like she saved any distance by walking into the woods and then up North-South Road or onto another path and then up that road instead. There are no sidewalks along North-South Road, but there are sidewalks on rte 16, so it's baffling to me why she would go home the way she did.

I don't know about that specific route, but according to Google maps, the driving distance between the High School and her address at 86 Village Way is 1.9 miles (if she were to have walked the busier route of going west on rte 302 and then north on rte 16). Just eyeballing the map, it doesn't look to me like she saved any distance by walking into the woods and then up North-South Road or onto another path and then up that road instead. There are no sidewalks along North-South Road, but there are sidewalks on rte 16, so it's baffling to me why she would go that way.
Danak has reminded me many times that there are wide bike baths on that part of NS rd, and lg 30 ft clearing. Her route walking up NS rd to where there must be a dirt path up to Village way for sure is most direct route.

Am rethinking today....I have talked incessantly about her using path at back of school. It would go from field track area down hill, CROSS the power line trail and exit on 302/Eastman Rd. Over near Redstone.

iF she was walking on Eagles way...she would have no reason to turn right on that so called power line trail. next exit off that would be down to 302/Eastman.
Why would she do that...it is not the way home.

I don't know about that specific route, but according to Google maps, the driving distance between the High School and her address at 86 Village Way is 1.9 miles (if she were to have walked the busier route of going west on rte 302 and then north on rte 16). Just eyeballing the map, it doesn't look to me like she saved any distance by walking into the woods and then up North-South Road or onto another path and then up that road instead. There are no sidewalks along North-South Road, but there are sidewalks on rte 16, so it's baffling to me why she would go home the way she did.

FYI - DanaK posted in the last thread...
She could cut through SG , but that would leave her with a good walk through woods behind the Home Depot (not on map) , not likely.
Also N-S has a bike path on both sides of it . easy walking . And as I stated earlier N-S road is very close to the end of Village Way . N-S would be the quickest path home .

I do not think she walked over to 16 at all...in my mind that is not on her way home , think she would have steered totally clear of 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member