GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very good question, maybe so much public backlash from the silence that they have placed on the family that they decided if they have a family representative thats literally not even in the country and inaccessible to the media for follow up questions it would keep the media content for a few days?

Or it could be that different folks visited the home while he was on R&R there!

Does anyone remember from a press conf. just over a week ago, when LE mentioned they didn't want the public to search just yet? That they thought if needed would be later in the week (which would have been towards the end of last week). I wonder what caused them to decide NOT to ask for the public's help in searching? I believe they like to clear areas themselves and with the new leads that came in, they seemed to go silent. I hope that is a positive sign!

My husband joined a search team last week with the White Mountain Milers, a few of them joined a fish & game line search - the reason that they don't want locals in the woods searching is because they are are afraid that people will get lost in the woods and then they will have to use resources to locate those people instead of finding Abby!

One thing I've wondered is whether LE has searched over west of the Saco River, by Cathedral Ledge and Echo Lake, or whether that would be too far west of Cranmore Mountain? Does anyone whether that area has been searched?

Sounds like they have searched a lot of places they think important enough to search.

With that said somebody, somewhere did say that out in NH half the leaves are down so everything must be pretty much buried.

Hard to search for anything or anybody with leaves covering the ground!

My husband joined a search team last week with the White Mountain Milers, a few of them joined a fish & game line search - the reason that they don't want locals in the woods searching is because they are are afraid that people will get lost in the woods and then they will have to use resources to locate those people instead of finding Abby!

I understand why LE doesn't want locals to form organized searches. Having lived in rural NH for most of my life, I get how LE doesn't want to be searching for more than one person if they don't need to. But local (and visiting) people in the Mt. Washington Valley still have to walk their dogs every day, and will be hiking, running, walking to work and school, kayaking, etc. as they go about their regularly-scheduled days or vacations. For those people who are "out and about" anyway, it would have been helpful to get a quicker description of Abby's phone, and perhaps the contents of her bag (and information on whether people should even be looking for the bag in addition to her phone, and whether people should be searching for her or the phone outside of the mapped area provided by LE about a week ago, etc.).

Especially with all the leaves falling, every day that goes by means more possible clues/evidence being covered up. Since in the North Conway area there are hundreds of people out in the woods, on trails, biking, etc. on any given day regardless of people being missing, it seems logical to me to have as many of those eyes as possible looking for what needs looking for. Maybe the phone is all LE can suggest people look for at the moment, but it would be reassuring to get some new information on how the search is going, no matter how small, from LE.

When my younger sister joined Facebook as a teen, I found it commonplace for her and her friends to do this, make a friend a "wife", a friend a "husband", a pet as "sibling", and so on. I guess it's funny because all your friends are in on the joke. I hope and trust that LE has already talked to all her friends to investigate this.

Praying for you, Abigail :)

My kids do this...and more than one of their friends have me listed as their "mother"...because I'm like a second mom to them. So, yes, this is pretty common.

Ugh! Scaling back?!?!?! It hasn't been two weeks yet!!!

Family and friends should get search parties going. Call in a group to help. This is nuts!

Seems like with the terrain and vast wooded areas, Texas Equisearch would be a great resource for the family to reconsider, IMO!

Please be safe, Abby. We're all still here for you!

He said they were close enough to see the person to the right and left, it varied but they were about 10-12 feet apart.
Thank you so much Adnil for answering my question, and thanks to your husband too.
Wish I could give you the proper welcome with banners and fireworks, but someone else will have to show you how much you are appreciated here.

That was wonderful of your husband to help Fish & Game.

I don't think she's hiding out with anyone. She's missed her birthday. She obviously had a boyfriend who she was keen on. She had friends. No-one seems to know anything, and I'm sure LE will have searched any computers she has had access to and checked out FB, twitter and any private messaging she's done.

I have such an awful feeling about this case. I think she'll turn up in the woods somewhere in a shallow grave :-(

I think step-dad can obviously be ruled out as he's thousands of miles away. I don't think mom is involved. I think she's been abducted and murdered. I hate typing this but I don't think she's ran off.

Someone I trust has explained it to me. The sentence that made my eyes widen was..."multiple unconfirmed sightings along N/S Rd." Since I am totally back at square one, that means she walked down Eagles Way, headed onto NS rd. Where did power line info come from .was that a sighting too.

Well did they take the dogs to N/S Road and what did they detect?

That was wonderful of your husband to help Fish & Game.

Wish we could do more, as locals we feel helpless. This is such a safe area, we rarely lock our doors and I don't think twice about hiking in the woods alone - very scary if she was taken by someone....praying that she is found safe soon. My husband was out for 11 hours the day he volunteered- it was a grueling day - I have a lot of respect for the folks who do this on a daily basis!

I don't think she's hiding out with anyone. She's missed her birthday. She obviously had a boyfriend who she was keen on. She had friends. No-one seems to know anything, and I'm sure LE will have searched any computers she has had access to and checked out FB, twitter and any private messaging she's done.

I have such an awful feeling about this case. I think she'll turn up in the woods somewhere in a shallow grave :-(

I think step-dad can obviously be ruled out as he's thousands of miles away. I don't think mom is involved. I think she's been abducted and murdered. I hate typing this but I don't think she's ran off.

Could the FBI have her?

The texting of the heart to BF and nothing more...I don't think she just happened to be abducted and this just happened to be her final text by coincidence, JMO.

Kids post that all the time at the end of a converstion. Even I do, sometimes, with the kids or my hubby. I don't make anything of that at all.

Hi everyone this is my first post, I have been reading since this happened, as I am in NH and have followed this case very, very carefully. Sadly, I personally have been through this twice in my life here in NH and know all too well what Abby's friends and family are going through. There are not words to explain it.....
Anyways, I have noticed some misinformation here.... I would like to attempt to correct that. The search itself is NOT I repeat.... NOT BEING SCALED BACK..... the amount of boots on the ground (manpower) is being scaled back as these guys are exhausted but no one is giving up. I spoke with a NH state police detective today who is assigned to this case and all leads are being followed up on.... I provided info and it was followed up on immediately.
Another thing I would like to mention is we are dealing with a MINOR CHILD... her boyfriend is a MINOR child... and I would like to vent for a moment..... I have read all of the threads on here for this case and i was APPALLED to see ADULTS making remarks about Abby's boyfriend based on his looks....... she is not shallow and you should not be either.... I noticed the mods here have requested that the BF be left alone and I second that.... he is a 14 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!
Like I said I have read all of the posts to this point and some theories are great some well, we are all entitled..... me I am a native lifelong NH resident... here is my theory.....
I do not believe she is a run away.... I believe this is a stranger abduction.... North of Laconia, NH we have had brown haired women and girls vanish since the 60's..... and since the incident with Maura Murray, as well as Celina Cass and now Abby, I believe there is a predator lurking in northern New Hampshire..... The reason that I believe that the AG's office, state police, conway police the FBI and Secret Service all collaborated on this case is to pool resources and the hope was to get Abby home like yesterday.... sadly that has not happened.... but the police work in this case has been exceptional.... please trust me when I say that..........

I also want to add, please be mindful that those close to Abby can see these posts..... sleuthing every angle is important but be careful what is said about family and friends and the boyfriend..... everyone is hurting right now just some friendly advice from a local :)

Hi everyone this is my first post, I have been reading since this happened, as I am in NH and have followed this case very, very carefully. Sadly, I personally have been through this twice in my life here in NH and know all too well what Abby's friends and family are going through. There are not words to explain it.....
Anyways, I have noticed some misinformation here.... I would like to attempt to correct that. The search itself is NOT I repeat.... NOT BEING SCALED BACK..... the amount of boots on the ground (manpower) is being scaled back as these guys are exhausted but no one is giving up. I spoke with a NH state police detective today who is assigned to this case and all leads are being followed up on.... I provided info and it was followed up on immediately.
Another thing I would like to mention is we are dealing with a MINOR CHILD... her boyfriend is a MINOR child... and I would like to vent for a moment..... I have read all of the threads on here for this case and i was APPALLED to see ADULTS making remarks about Abby's boyfriend based on his looks....... she is not shallow and you should not be either.... I noticed the mods here have requested that the BF be left alone and I second that.... he is a 14 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!
Like I said I have read all of the posts to this point and some theories are great some well, we are all entitled..... me I am a native lifelong NH resident... here is my theory.....
I do not believe she is a run away.... I believe this is a stranger abduction.... North of Laconia, NH we have had brown haired women and girls vanish since the 60's..... and since the incident with Maura Murray, as well as Celina Cass and now Abby, I believe there is a predator lurking in northern New Hampshire..... The reason that I believe that the AG's office, state police, conway police the FBI and Secret Service all collaborated on this case is to pool resources and the hope was to get Abby home like yesterday.... sadly that has not happened.... but the police work in this case has been exceptional.... please trust me when I say that..........

Well I think there is something we are not being told! I could almost bet on it!

I'm really glad I signed up, I was watching from afar and this case just kills me because I have been through it, once when I was just 7 and the second time it was my very best friend and her stepsister..... I was 15 just like abby..... all I can do is help where I can based on my own life experiences and keep abby in my thoughts.....:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member