GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nh keeps info close to the vest to protect the integrity of the investigation, 9 out of 10 times it makes a solid case for a conviction and I do believe le has info that we are not aware of, but I can't prove that

I also want to add, please be mindful that those close to Abby can see these posts..... sleuthing every angle is important but be careful what is said about family and friends and the boyfriend..... everyone is hurting right now just some friendly advice from a local :)

I agree 100%! Websleuths is a victim friendly site, if you see something questionable or out of line please hit the alert button on the right side at the top of the post to alert a mod to check the post out!

Welcome, we value your input!

Hi everyone this is my first post, I have been reading since this happened, as I am in NH and have followed this case very, very carefully. Sadly, I personally have been through this twice in my life here in NH and know all too well what Abby's friends and family are going through. There are not words to explain it.....
Anyways, I have noticed some misinformation here.... I would like to attempt to correct that. The search itself is NOT I repeat.... NOT BEING SCALED BACK..... the amount of boots on the ground (manpower) is being scaled back as these guys are exhausted but no one is giving up. I spoke with a NH state police detective today who is assigned to this case and all leads are being followed up on.... I provided info and it was followed up on immediately.
Another thing I would like to mention is we are dealing with a MINOR CHILD... her boyfriend is a MINOR child... and I would like to vent for a moment..... I have read all of the threads on here for this case and i was APPALLED to see ADULTS making remarks about Abby's boyfriend based on his looks....... she is not shallow and you should not be either.... I noticed the mods here have requested that the BF be left alone and I second that.... he is a 14 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!
Like I said I have read all of the posts to this point and some theories are great some well, we are all entitled..... me I am a native lifelong NH resident... here is my theory.....
I do not believe she is a run away.... I believe this is a stranger abduction.... North of Laconia, NH we have had brown haired women and girls vanish since the 60's..... and since the incident with Maura Murray, as well as Celina Cass and now Abby, I believe there is a predator lurking in northern New Hampshire..... The reason that I believe that the AG's office, state police, conway police the FBI and Secret Service all collaborated on this case is to pool resources and the hope was to get Abby home like yesterday.... sadly that has not happened.... but the police work in this case has been exceptional.... please trust me when I say that..........

I totally agree with all of this. Especially the part about "shallow". I was appalled at that comment also. After seeing her posts, she is anything but. I have been very impressed at her level of caring and maturity at that age. When I was a teenager, it was not like that. Modern kids seem a lot more compassionate and caring than we were. I absolutely admire them for that. I just read a story in a local paper about a teenage boy helping an elder adult, and I have seen it myself over and over. I saw a photo of a young boy who misses this girl very much, grieving for her, and it really hit home hard. I feel so bad for him. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I was a teenager once, and I remember. Please be kind. Up here in the north, our culture might be a little different from yours; it does vary from region to region after all. We might see and feel a little different from you. Most of our communities are small and close knit. We all know our neighbors here.

What if ZG (Abby's mother) came home to a empty house and when she went into Abby's room there were no clothes in her closet?? Or a bunch missing anyway and that alerted her to call police right away??? Maybe she stashed the bag of clothes on way to school so she could fetch them after school and didn't have to go home?? I was just brainstorming what if I came home what would alert me to call 911 that quick everyone think of what would alert you if you was to come home and your child was suppose to be there what would Alert you??

Runaways in nh are taken seriously but they do not cause this type of large LE response.... there is more to it than that, I feel IMO that runaway has been ruled out, this is being treated more like an abduction

Hi everyone this is my first post, I have been reading since this happened, as I am in NH and have followed this case very, very carefully. Sadly, I personally have been through this twice in my life here in NH and know all too well what Abby's friends and family are going through. There are not words to explain it.....
Anyways, I have noticed some misinformation here.... I would like to attempt to correct that. The search itself is NOT I repeat.... NOT BEING SCALED BACK..... the amount of boots on the ground (manpower) is being scaled back as these guys are exhausted but no one is giving up. I spoke with a NH state police detective today who is assigned to this case and all leads are being followed up on.... I provided info and it was followed up on immediately.
Another thing I would like to mention is we are dealing with a MINOR CHILD... her boyfriend is a MINOR child... and I would like to vent for a moment..... I have read all of the threads on here for this case and i was APPALLED to see ADULTS making remarks about Abby's boyfriend based on his looks....... she is not shallow and you should not be either.... I noticed the mods here have requested that the BF be left alone and I second that.... he is a 14 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!
Like I said I have read all of the posts to this point and some theories are great some well, we are all entitled..... me I am a native lifelong NH resident... here is my theory.....
I do not believe she is a run away.... I believe this is a stranger abduction.... North of Laconia, NH we have had brown haired women and girls vanish since the 60's..... and since the incident with Maura Murray, as well as Celina Cass and now Abby, I believe there is a predator lurking in northern New Hampshire..... The reason that I believe that the AG's office, state police, conway police the FBI and Secret Service all collaborated on this case is to pool resources and the hope was to get Abby home like yesterday.... sadly that has not happened.... but the police work in this case has been exceptional.... please trust me when I say that..........
takeitfromme,
I very much appreciated your input and comments here. I was interested to see that you mentioned the perplexing and haunting Maura Murray vanishing on Rte 112 in Haverhill,NH, back in February 2004, which sadly remains unsolved. And yes, there are way too many unresolved cases of missing young/youngish ladies in central and northern NH over the last few decades with some of these cases having received very little media attention. Taking into account the population density in the areas in question there are way too many of these unsolved disappearances in this region. And the Brianna Maitland case in neighbouring Vermont is yet another deeply troubling disappearance in the general area. IMHO there is something very disturbingly amiss with this pattern.

Runaways in nh are taken seriously but they do not cause this type of large LE response.... there is more to it than that, I feel IMO that runaway has been ruled out, this is being treated more like an abduction

I tend to agree. I keep wondering though, why I'm not hearing anything about out-of-state search efforts. If there are any I don't know about them. I thought abductions (or runaways for that matter) were usually searched far and wide. This one seems to stay in-state. I can't get over that.

Just the fact that the nh attorney general was called in made me know this was no runaway..... I will not elaborate but I have worked close with many LE agencies in NH for my job..... and honestly another thing I saw on the threads regarding jane young and how some members feel about her.... well anytime there is a missing or deceased child in NH she ends up with those cases, not the other AG's..... I wouldn't want that womans job and I'm sure no one else here would either

There is another missing girl from North Versailles, Pennsylvania. I don't believe I have seen on here. I'm not sure how to add.

The last time she was heard from, authorities said, was when a boy identified by family members as Hernandez' boyfriend, JC, received a text from her at 2:53 p.m. Investigators on Wednesday asked area residents and businesses to help find the girl's cell phone, a white iPhone in a pink case, which last made contact with a cell tower on Cranmore Mountain at 3:07 p.m. Oct 9.

That contact, Ramsey said, was not a phone call, but was likely the iPhone updating or sending some other data. The iPhone is known to frequently exchange data with a tower, he said, without any actions by its owner.

There were no further data exchanges between the phone and the tower after 3:07 p.m., Ramsey said Thursday.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019233

Abigail Hernandez went missing one week ago. Originally police said she used her phone that afternoon, but Wednesday they said that was not the case. Then they said Hernandez went home after school, but now investigators say that is not true.

The latest news is that she was texting with a friend while walking home on her regular route. The last signal traced the teen's phone to the side of Cranmore Mountain.

http://www.wcax.com/story/23715775/investigators-clarify-new-details-on-missing-teen

In the timeline, Hernandez’s last text message was sent to a friend at 2:53 p.m. on Oct. 9.

The content of the message was not released.

Hernandez’s last known contact between her phone and a cellular network was at 3:07 p.m., also Oct. 9, in an area west of Cranmore Mountain, according to the timeline.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...whereabouts/RjtyexWUPCCzR5nQaZYFbI/story.html

Abby was seen leaving school at 2:29pm last Wednesday and exchanged a series of texts with a classmate between 2:23 and 2:53pm. At 2:35pm, she was seen walking on the power line trail from Eagle’s Way.

Her last cell phone activity was at 3:07pm when she sent a text message to the same classmate on the west side of Cranmore Mountain.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/fbi-to-release-new-information-in-search-for-missing-nh-girl/

takeitfromme,
I very much appreciated your input and comments here. I was interested to see that you mentioned the perplexing and haunting Maura Murray vanishing on Rte 112 in Haverhill,NH, back in February 2004, which sadly remains unsolved. And yes, there are way too many unresolved cases of missing young/youngish ladies in central and northern NH over the last few decades with some of these cases having received very little media attention. Taking into account the population density in the areas in question there are way too many of these unsolved disappearances in this region. And the Brianna Maitland case in neighbouring Vermont is yet another deeply troubling disappearance in the general area. IMHO there is something very disturbingly amiss with this pattern.

Yes there is something horribly wrong in the north since at least the 90's but the abductions and murders go as far back as the 60's and it doesn't sit well with me

I am still not sure that the extensive LE response = abduction. I can't help thinking about the unsolved murder of Celina maybe being a factor. LE has pretty much said they do not know what they have and will be scaling back searches. I have not heard about any country-wide alerts for Abigail, but I may have missed something. My feelings are that they are treating this case as worst case scenario because they cannot afford to write her off as a runaway, just in case.

Does anyone have a link to the family being ordered by LE not to speak? I keep reading about that, but missed it myself.

Her last cell phone activity was at 3:07pm when she sent a text message to the same classmate on the west side of Cranmore Mountain.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/fbi-to-release-new-information-in-search-for-missing-nh-girl/

I think this article is incorrect. It contradicts a later article that quotes an FBI agent saying that the last cell phone activity at 3:07 was not a text message, and the last text message was at 2:53:

"The last time she was heard from, authorities said, was when a boy identified by family members as Hernandez' boyfriend, JC, received a text from her at 2:53 p.m. Investigators on Wednesday asked area residents and businesses to help find the girl's cell phone, a white iPhone in a pink case, which last made contact with a cell tower on Cranmore Mountain at 3:07 p.m. Oct 9.

That contact, Ramsey said, was not a phone call, but was likely the iPhone updating or sending some other data. The iPhone is known to frequently exchange data with a tower, he said, without any actions by its owner.

There were no further data exchanges between the phone and the tower after 3:07 p.m., Ramsey said Thursday."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019233

There is another missing girl from North Versailles, Pennsylvania. I don't believe I have seen on here. I'm not sure how to add.

It's fairly straightforward, just go to the missing forum and towards the top it says new post. Click that an put state- name- age. Just put a little info in your post and a link to a news article. If you want you can send me a message with the info and I can do it for you!

I haven't seen anything about it. Surprising considering my location? PA is bad when it comes to info on missing persons.

Abigail is listed as a "Missing person" on FBI site, while Alexis and Holly, for instance, are listed as "Kidnapped" for what it is worth,

I am SURE that there is a LOT that we aren't being told. It's frustrating for us but I am also sure it will turn out to be for good reasons.

I am still not sure that the extensive LE response = abduction. I can't help thinking about the unsolved murder of Celina maybe being a factor. LE has pretty much said they do not know what they have and will be scaling back searches. I have not heard about any country-wide alerts for Abigail, but I may have missed something. My feelings are that they are treating this case as worst case scenario because they cannot afford to write her off as a runaway, just in case.

Does anyone have a link to the family being ordered by LE not to speak? I keep reading about that, but missed it myself.

Abby's disappearance made Good Morning America, the today show, and Nancy Grace.. Unless I am confused how are those national broadcasts not a country wide alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill