GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the search group, I couldn't care less if it was a clown car full of clowns. Boots on the ground are boots on the ground! I don't get why people are down on this!

i tend to agree with this. i think the issue a lot of times, is if something is found, or if something that could be evidence later is found and not handled properly by the searchers it could be an issue in terms of chain of custody and other legal issues. but i guess that's why LE will be present. I just hope, as Takeitfromme12 has posted, that people search their properties!

A thought to throw into the mix. Abby seems to be a real warm hearted person, so I woke up with this thought (sleep induced fog), "could she have heard an animal crying and set off into the woods to investigate?", then get so turned around that she is wandering the woods. Not likely I know, since SAR dogs were brought in. But still I havent seen anyone throw that thought out there.

When I was youngster my parents bought some wooded acreage that backed up to a national forest to build a home on. Dad had taken all of us through the woods to show the property lines, once we got back to where the truck was parked we started clearing the land. Goofy me decided I wanted to go back out to see where the property lines were, Oh my gosh EVERYTHING looked the same! I made it back to them ONLY because I heard them talking. Now I was much younger than what Abby is but I really started to panic while I was in the woods. So it could be she is lost and just does not know or is too panicky to stay in one spot until help arrives.

I know this is probably not true for Abby but I still wanted to us to have another thought to chew on.

Moo

And they know which way the scent goes, right? So if Abby had walked to school that morning and then halfway home that afternoon, the dogs (if starting at the school) would get to that halfway point and then encounter the older scent left from the morning and stop (or turn around?).

But if Abby didn't walk to school that morning, would the dogs stop tracking where the freshest scent ends, or would they continue on using the leftover scent from the prior day? :scared:

Ive had a bird hunting dog once with a very good nose and he helped me track birds, so I am familiar a little bit with this "TYPE" of thing. I know a very well trained search dog can do amazing things, however, IMO, they are just a "tool" and its not a perfect science. I am afraid you are making it sound like they are perfect and would be so great to automatically stop if a fresher scent becomes an older scent, but I just have to respectively disagree here. If the fresher scent stopped and an older scent continued on, I am pretty sure they would probably continue on too. They may show signs of their difficulty though as the scent got older, so the owner/trainer may be able to spot its behavior change.

Now, if the fresher scent took an immediate right or left turn, I would guess they would most likely follow the fresher scent because dogs love the work they do. They actually get real excited and they know whats going on, and they actually love it and enjoy it. So, I am thinking they would follow the most freshest scent they could find.
But if it stops and an older scent keeps going, they most likely would keep following that older scent. Again, they enjoy what they are doing, and they know they are pleasing their owners and trainers. They want to keep going and keep tracking.

The owner/trainer watching his behavior may be able to make "calls" on what he thinks as far as which trail or trails were fresher or older. The behavior of the dog is what would determine this and its up to the owner/trainer to decipher it.

Above all else, they are just a tool.

JMO of course.

I don't believe for one second that Abigail ran away.

I don't believe for one second that Abigail ran away.

With the article/information today, I think it is unfortunate but likely that the "run away" possibility is much less probable.

Because of the article and information released by LE and MSM today regarding Facebook and specific pictures/information, can we discuss/post specifics about the likes/followers and potential links?

Example: if one of the people that liked a photo had a close relative that joined FB on 10/8 and has the same name as a RSO, could we post specifcs?

Because of the article and information released by LE and MSM today regarding Facebook and specific pictures/information, can we discuss/post specifics about the likes/followers and potential links?

Example: if one of the people that liked a photo had a close relative that joined FB on 10/8 and has the same name as a RSO, could we post specifcs?

Same that ended a relationship Oct 9th????

With the article/information today, I think it is unfortunate but likely that the "run away" possibility is much less probable.
Even from the beginning I didn't think run away was an option. Time has only more confirmed it. There's just nothing there to point towards runaway. Mom's comments of please come home are just a mother hoping and grasping for something because the alternative is just too heartbreaking to face. You see nothing else that even points to runaway.

i have heard in the past of cases similar to this where LE tells parents to address the child directly on tv for a variety of reasons, ie; so the perp sees the victim as a person not an object, etc

We aren't allowed to discuss anyone on Facebook except Abby.

Can you post a link to the RSO information?

i have heard in the past of cases similar to this where LE tells parents to address the child directly on tv for a variety of reasons, ie; so the perp sees the victim as a person not an object, etc

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member