GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure did, it is like a dyson vac went thru here. Lol. I shortened you name to clu

as far as the heart ? well...I march to the beat of a different strummer, and think about things differently, and others rarely understand my ramblings, but that is okay:)
shrug

I don' t understand what is so suspect about the heart to the bf, even if it was the last text she sent. It doesn't mean she was intending it to be the last and it doesn't mean it has extra significance. Think of all the possible "las messages" you could be reported as sending to someone if it were your last before going missing. I understand it's a theory and opinion ( that it holds significance), what I'm trying to figure out is the reasoning behind the theory (apart from those question whether or not she sent I, I understand some have doubts regarding that).

I am of the theory the if it's an accurate report and was her last text, there's no significance to it beyond tragically, being her last text. Trying to understand another POV of my fellow Sleuthers.

Thank you for any insight you can give. :)

My 15 year old texts hearts to me, her grandmother, her little sister, her friends (she doesn't have a boyfriend). It's not that strange for a teenaged girl to be texting hearts from her phone.

I really think the heart could go either way....an in the moment heart of a smitten teenager who can't wait to see her bf and let him know she is thinking of him OR a girl about to leave and feeling a little guilty about it, leaving him a little something.

I am not saying she was kidnapped or ran away, I am really stumped by this whole thing but I just don't think the heart can give us a good clue of which way her thoughts were going. I just REALLY hope they find her soon!

The heart is a good way to say something without really saying something!

Maybe he was asking her a lot of questions.
where ya going what ya doing why are u not on the bus?
What time will u be home?

so she takes the easy way out and sends a heart!

Authorities in Conway, N.H. say it’s less likely that 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez ran away from home.

Hernandez has been missing for more than two weeks. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9.

An FBI agent tells the Union Leader that investigators still won’t rule anything out but they say it’s unlikely she ran away because of the time and commitment it would take to orchestrate something like that.

http://www.necn.com/10/25/13/FBI-It...nway/landing.html?blockID=856023&feedID=11106

My 15 year old texts hearts to me, her grandmother, her little sister, her friends (she doesn't have a boyfriend). It's not that strange for a teenaged girl to be texting hearts from her phone.
That was also my thoughts on it, that it's not strange at all. In my opinion, it's not a relative piece to the puzzle of her missing, I've just been trying to figure out other points of view on the focus on it, usually I get other points of view without needing it explained LOL, this one has just baffled me.

The messenger would not be Abby, it would be the only person that has ever mentioned that heart, he has talked about it on MSM. We don't know anything about the heart from LE, we don't know what was written just before the heart, if there was a heart. She was seen texting, that's it!

Okay, you meant the person reporting the content of the last text, not the messenger as in person who sent the text. Gotcha. :blushing:

It's not odd that BF's dad knows about the heart. I'd imagine his kid told him. And quite possibly some reporter or LE or who knows how mentioned the time and he and BF saw it was the same time. I don't see any significance in this at all.

I searched this a bit, and didn't get definite answers. How old a scent can a dog pick up and follow? Its been two weeks, what's the time limit on this? Does anyone know?

I will ask one of our verified SAR to come check out this thread. (brb.. will get you the link to our SAR question and answer thread as well..)

from what I have learned over the years from our verified SAR is that tracking dogs can follow "freshest" scent (meaning, for example, even if she had walked the same route every day the dogs can actually pick up the freshest scent. Sarx explained it like this one time: say you have an old vase of flowers in your house but you then put out a new vase of fresh flowers: you will be able to smell the fresher flowers over the older flowers)

brb with the link to the q/a thread

(as for how long the scent can stick around: in the amber dubois case dogs were able to track to close by where her body was found almost a year after her abduction) I think it largely depends on weather, the type of dog, etc.

I will ask one of our verified SAR to come check out this thread. (brb.. will get you the link to our SAR question and answer thread as well..)

from what I have learned over the years from our verified SAR is that tracking dogs can follow "freshest" scent (meaning, for example, even if she had walked the same route every day the dogs can actually pick up the freshest scent. Sarx explained it like this one time: say you have an old vase of flowers in your house but you then put out a new vase of fresh flowers: you will be able to smell the fresher flowers over the older flowers)

brb with the link to the q/a thread

(as for how long the scent can stick around: in the amber dubois case dogs were able to track to close by where her body was found almost a year after her abduction) I think it largely depends on weather, the type of dog, etc.
I thought I had read that from a verified SAR, as well... That dogs can pick up the "freshest" scent...

But the analogy of old flowers... And new flowers... Is a great way of understanding it... And new to me!

thanks! :seeya:

I thought I had read that from a verified SAR, as well... That dogs can pick up the "freshest" scent...

But the analogy of old flowers... And new flowers... Is a great way of understanding it... And new to me!

And they know which way the scent goes, right? So if Abby had walked to school that morning and then halfway home that afternoon, the dogs (if starting at the school) would get to that halfway point and then encounter the older scent left from the morning and stop (or turn around?).

But if Abby didn't walk to school that morning, would the dogs stop tracking where the freshest scent ends, or would they continue on using the leftover scent from the prior day? :scared:

If Abby didn't make it home that day what alerted mum so soon that something was wrong?
Did Abby pack a bag to runaway that morning and mum noticed things missing! She couldn't have had much cause that bag she had didn't seem to big and she would have had to take it to school with her if she in fact didn't get home after school.
Was there some kind of note or phone message mum found that made panic set in?
I find it hard that a young girl could keep any plans of meeting someone or running away a complete secret.
Please be found soon Abby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

credit goes to Sarx (and I most likely screwed it up hahahaha)

As far as the search group, I couldn't care less if it was a clown car full of clowns. Boots on the ground are boots on the ground! I don't get why people are down on this!

"It is less likely that it would be a runaway case because of the time and commitment it would take to (orchestrate) something like that. We're not seeing that in this case."

This statement says allot.

Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.

"In investigations like these, we need to look at a person's public life, their private life, and we try to get a look into their secret life," he said. Pieces of all three can often be found on Facebook, he said.

Facebook specified and I think for good reason. This leads to another theory involving certain persons. The last photo posted-butterflies has 4 likes. Some have obvious connections/friends and another has possible hidden meaning(s) and a unknown intentions. This was posted previously and part of what was forwarded to LE (which I am sure they are aware of now and most likely already aware of). This is an article with good info and answers many questions that have been asked/theorized here.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131024/NEWS07/131029507

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member