GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the girl who stated she was walking behind her.

-CBS 13 News spoke with several of Abby's friends, who tell us they saw her hours just before she disappeared.

"I was walking behind her and I was going down Eagles Way and she turned off onto a dirt road on the right hand side," DF, Abby's friend said.

DF said at the time, she didn't think anything of it.-
http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories...id_19139.shtml

<modsnip>

Please post again. I am sorry your feelings were hurt. It was not necessary or helpful IMO.

Brippilaine- never ever hesitate to post your thoughts/questions/opinions, in any way shape or form you desire.
People don't understand me half the time, but that is okay, I am used to it:)

When Abigail went missing on October 9th, the school year was still pretty new. I assume it started at the beginning of September.

Is this her first year in that particular school? Was she attending another school last year? Did she move from middle school into high school this year or was she a sophomore? I am not sure of the age rules for class grades in New Hampshire.

I see a lot of comments about her "regular" or "normal" route walking home. If she had only been attending that school for maybe 6 weeks and mostly took the bus to and from school, would there be a "normal" route for her to walk home???

I thought there would be on a different route. But let me :findinglink:
look it up!

O/T:skip: Oh Gosh .....I love that new smiley! ^^

I haven't used it yet....

But I am going to find a reason to!

:)

Regarding the bus: perhaps she accidentally missed the bus that day by running a lil late. When I was in high school there were many times I almost missed the bus and also did miss it just by fumbling around or being caught up doing something.

Regarding the bus: perhaps she accidentally missed the bus that day by running a lil late. When I was in high school there were many times I almost missed the bus and also did miss it just by fumbling around or being caught up doing something.

But weren't friends walking behind her?

The way I took it the girl walking behind her wasn't necessarily with her, or planned to be walking home with her. I could be wrong though.

Right, but if for example she had stayed late, probably other kids would have been ahead of her, not behind her.

Right, but if for example she had stayed late, probably other kids would have been ahead of her, not behind her.

True, if she stayed late. Not necessarily if she missed the bus like say a minute or so. Like I said just a theory and I could be wrong.

Eta: I just remember running to catch the bus and just missing it, and watching it pull away.

ok, i saw the slip up, where at first they were trying to remain anonymous, but i had a feeling it would come out who they were anyway.... and then the IM (probably really a pm on fb) seems like someone gave them info, that person should have called it in themselves but whatever, i have had people pass info to me because for whatever reason they don't want to call it in and i made the call..... all it says is he is going to have a chat with the detective he is in touch with (state trooper) and pass the info and any other info along directly to him..... soooo my question is.... what is wrong with that????

I had a whole different take on the post. FWIW I don't know who posted it, and it doesn't matter to me. But the impression I got from the Post regarding IMs was that it was harassing the admins in some way. And that the admin was telling the to 'keep it up' I will just forward them all to LE and let them deal with you.

JMO but the whole tone of the post brought me to my assumption :)

I'm just wondering something. How many of you are/were extremely close to your kids boyfriend/girlfriend in their early teens? I have a 13 year old son who thank god is a little akward and doesn't have a "girlfriend". Is it normal?

Yes it's normal IMO. I've raised many kids. I was close to their boyfriend/girlfriends and any other friends they had because frankly, I wanted to know who they were spending their time with. If they met a friend who was not willing to hang out at the house when I was home, then my kid wasn't allowed to be alone with that friend. I am still fb friends with many of my now grown children's exes from HS years. I also have some pretty spectacular relationships with my sons and daughters in law because of it. JMO

Maybe it is not usual but when I was fourteen/fifteen, my boyfriend was two-three years older and we were together until I went away to college. I found boys my own age to be super immature, and she seems mature for her age. I wonder if she was outgrowing her BF and was maybe interested in someone else. It certainly seems as though she may have had plans to meet someone that day, even if she was intercepted. But if there was someone and he is innocent...why not come forward? Anyway, just speculating.

Originally posted by MamaJoJo
I don't understand your comment, Brip. As I understand it, her friend saw her walking down Eagle's Way (walking behind her) right after school, not hours. Do you have a link?

Yes, the girl who stated she was walking behind her.

-CBS 13 News spoke with several of Abby's friends, who tell us they saw her hours just before she disappeared.

"I was walking behind her and I was going down Eagles Way and she turned off onto a dirt road on the right hand side," DF, Abby's friend said.

DF said at the time, she didn't think anything of it.-
http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories...id_19139.shtml

[modsnip]

Please post again. I am sorry your feelings were hurt. It was not necessary or helpful IMO.

Oh, my! Did my question offend Brip?! I must have missed some fireworks (just logging back on after a couple of hours). If I in any way pushed some raw button, I apologize. I should have thrown in a cute emoticon like this one :blowkiss:

Thanks for putting the link up for me. I don't know how I missed it when it had been referenced about twelve times before I asked my question!! Now I see what you were saying. IMO, it's just shoddy reporting not a discrepancy in time.

When I was in high school the bus driver was really mean and I mean it!!!. She gave an certain amount of time to get to the bus and then wouldn't open the door to let anyone in. I never had time to go to my locker because it was maybe 3 minutes. It took a few more minutes after for the bus to drive off. Lots of students missed the bus because of her rule, which no other bus driver did. I am not saying that is the case, but missing the time to be on the bus might very well be a reason. Some reason I feel that would not fly today. Here students are wanting in, and she just shakes her head no. Argh does that bring back memories.

I had a whole different take on the post. FWIW I don't know who posted it, and it doesn't matter to me. But the impression I got from the Post regarding IMs was that it was harassing the admins in some way. And that the admin was telling the to 'keep it up' I will just forward them all to LE and let them deal with you.

JMO but the whole tone of the post brought me to my assumption :)

That is what I took from it too.

With the bus vs walking maybe walking was a quicker way for her to get home. If she was last drop off or near. My son if he rides the bus doesn't get home till after 4 he gets out at 2:40 long bus ride.

When I was in high school the bus driver was really mean and I mean it!!!. She gave an certain amount of time to get to the bus and then wouldn't open the door to let anyone in. I never had time to go to my locker because it was maybe 3 minutes. It took a few more minutes after for the bus to drive off. Lots of students missed the bus because of her rule, which no other bus driver did. I am not saying that is the case, but missing the time to be on the bus might very well be a reason. Some reason I feel that would not fly today. Here students are wanting in, and she just shakes her head no. Argh does that bring back memories.

That's terrible!! What if the kid lives miles and miles from the school and has no other way home?

My junior and senior years, we lived about 5 miles from school. My mother didn't drive and we only had one car. So if I missed the bus I had no choice but to either call my neighbor or walk home. Luckily my neighbor was pretty nice about it but my parents warned me not to make a habit of it. I had to take all the books I needed to my last class so I didn't have to go to my locker, otherwise I would not have had time to make the bus. We didn't have backpacks then, so juggling four or five thick books along with a notebook was kind of tricky. Also there were a lot of kids who rode that bus, so I ended up having to stand in the aisle. Or sit on somebody's lap. THAT was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne