GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a bear was spotted tuesday the 8th and by wednesday morning police had guarded the bus stop at cross & grove (near kearsage/skimobile, near the 3:07 phone ping). granted it's past her house but one would think that of all days to 'walk home' that wednesday wouldn't have been one of them nor would schools encourage skipping the bus. wonder if a PA announcement was made at the high school.

http://www.wmwv.com/conway-police-guard-bus-stop-near-bear-perch/
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/north/12008759257561/bear-perches-above-nh-bus-stop/

speaking of which, someone else mentioned the new school year as being just that -- new. checking the calendar, the 9th was only the 30th day of school.

https://docs.google.com/a/sau9.org/...S5vcmd8Z3VpZGFuY2V8Z3g6NGUzMjYzZTEzZDE2YTMyMw

and something else i missed early on:

Abby was seen leaving school at 2:29pm last Wednesday and exchanged a series of texts with a classmate between 2:23 and 2:53pm. At 2:35pm, she was seen walking on the power line trail from Eagle’s Way.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/fbi-to-release-new-information-in-search-for-missing-nh-girl/

who saw her at 2:35? why the power line trail from eagle's way, that would be making a left off of it. DF (friend who wasn't walking with her, ahem) said she made a right onto the dirt road. if she did that and then walked the power line trail, she would've been zig-zagging her way to the walmart. and if she was walking away (to the right), she would've been going in the opposite direction of town.

could someone check the maps and see if i'm making any sense...:blushing:

Oh, my! Did my question offend Brip?! I must have missed some fireworks (just logging back on after a couple of hours). If I in any way pushed some raw button, I apologize. I should have thrown in a cute emoticon like this one :blowkiss:

Thanks for putting the link up for me. I don't know how I missed it when it had been referenced about twelve times before I asked my question!! Now I see what you were saying. IMO, it's just shoddy reporting not a discrepancy in time.

It wasn't you, MamaJoJo. I missed the exchange also. I saw a post quoting the one that offended people and telling the poster the comment was uncalled for. The offending post had been deleted last night. Maybe the followups have been by now. But it wasn't your post. Don't worry.

a bear was spotted tuesday the 8th and by wednesday morning police had guarded the bus stop at cross & grove (near kearsage/skimobile, near the 3:07 phone ping). granted it's past her house but one would think that of all days to 'walk home' that wednesday wouldn't have been one of them nor would schools encourage skipping the bus. wonder if a PA announcement was made at the high school.

http://www.wmwv.com/conway-police-guard-bus-stop-near-bear-perch/
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/north/12008759257561/bear-perches-above-nh-bus-stop/

speaking of which, someone else mentioned the new school year as being just that -- new. checking the calendar, the 9th was only the 30th day of school.

https://docs.google.com/a/sau9.org/...S5vcmd8Z3VpZGFuY2V8Z3g6NGUzMjYzZTEzZDE2YTMyMw

and something else i missed early on:

Abby was seen leaving school at 2:29pm last Wednesday and exchanged a series of texts with a classmate between 2:23 and 2:53pm. At 2:35pm, she was seen walking on the power line trail from Eagle’s Way.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/fbi-to-release-new-information-in-search-for-missing-nh-girl/

who saw her at 2:35? why the power line trail from eagle's way, that would be making a left off of it. DF (friend who wasn't walking with her, ahem) said she made a right onto the dirt road. if she did that and then walked the power line trail, she would've been zig-zagging her way to the walmart. and if she was walking away (to the right), she would've been going in the opposite direction of town.

could someone check the maps and see if i'm making any sense...:blushing:

In regards to the bear sighting, it makes sense now when Mom says AH was supposed to be on the bus that day and the LE have said the route was AH's usual route of walking home. In other words, AH usually walked home using that route, but perhaps with the bear sighting Mom had told her to take the bus home instead of walking.

I'm trying to think back to my teenage years....yeah it was quite a bit ago. At any rate, if I was walking with friends and one wandered off in a different direction, I'd have called out, Hey, where you going? Or, has some communication with said friend. I asked my teenage daughter and she said the same thing. Unless it was discussed previously that one was going one way and the other another way. Was there only two girls walking? Doubtful. So who else was walking the trail? Who else could have followed Abigail?

From Eagle's Way down to Eastman. The path ends just to the East of the wooded lot behind Walmart.

Look at Hollye's map...the yellow line between #2 and #27.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44...=0&sty=h&cid=49B0E16AAA81621D!113&form=LMLTCC

Great map.

From just looking at it and guessing as to the route I would go considering if I wanted to get to the Walmart area as quick as possible, I think I would take a left on 302/Eastman. (which maybe what #4 is saying anyway?).

From the school, when she made that right onto the wooded dirt road, that really doesn't bother me much, as it appears to be a slight short cut to me. I could see where someone would feel that is a shortcut way. It looks to be slightly shorter way or maybe it just felt like a shortcut to someone walking and by turning right onto that trail, they felt they were making more progress.

Because it appears that would get me to "civilization" and I think I would be able to see the Walmart area as I was walking down Eastman. The left on Eastman appears to be slightly quicker than if one was to proceed straight to the Pond/27 trail. It just seems to me that you would want to hit civilation as quick as possible.

Just a guess, and obviously if she did it many times in the past, she could have taken more of the back way. But, if I had to bet money on which way, I would have to say left on 302/Eastman.

If the unconfirmed #6 sighting is true, then the 2 options dont make much difference because she is past those points, but it could make a difference is someone took her, as it would help know that their travel took them on 302/Eastman. Especially if its someone she knew or a local person she did not know.

I'm trying to think back to my teenage years....yeah it was quite a bit ago. At any rate, if I was walking with friends and one wandered off in a different direction, I'd have called out, Hey, where you going? Or, has some communication with said friend. I asked my teenage daughter and she said the same thing. Unless it was discussed previously that one was going one way and the other another way. Was there only two girls walking? Doubtful. So who else was walking the trail? Who else could have followed Abigail?

my point exactly. it wasn't her usual route, because it's so random. walking home (with a big ol' black bear lurking around town) only four weeks into school while your bf rides the bus, one of your bff's behind you & not with you, no one ever asking questions, while car/busloads of people going by at the busiest time of day for eagle's way not to mention other kids along the road. ducking into a dirt path then to a powerline trail then up to the north/south road is a zig zag at best. makes no sense unless she didn't want to be seen (or, followed?). and even then, someone saw her on the powerlines. who?

not sleuthing, but trying to make sense of it, i found six different addresses historically for their family in the bartlett/jackson/glen/conway area. all under her mother's name (no father cross-checking either). they seemed to move around a lot, rental to rental. she was no stranger to the bus as she must've attended at least three area elementary schools, not within walking distance for a youngster, the middle school, and high school.

JMO. not even an opinion at this point, just bouncing things around...:dunno:

been lurking for a few days. i don't really have anything to add except that my heart is broken for abby and her family. and im praying she comes home soon. thank you to all for the updates, it is very much appreciated.

The witness who said Abigail turned off was not necessarily with her. IIRC, the girl is quoted as saying she was walking behind AH, which could be anything from a couple of feet to hundreds of yards.

The reporter called her AH's friend. That is usually used rather loosely and could be anything from a best friend to an acquaintance. Given the context, that she was walking behind and no with Abigail, I assume she is more of an acquaintance than a good friend.

Good questions about who else was walking in the area and who could have followed her. I'm sure there were others. Hopefully they have been cooperative and LE knows more than the MSM does.

Hi Everyone! :seeya:
Im new to posting here, but have been lurking here reading since Abby went missing. My heart breaks for Abby's family. As a mom I cannot imagine not knowing where my child is, and after all this time, i can only imagine that you think the worst. :please:
My family and I frequently go to the Cornish/Fryeburg, Maine area, which is about 2 hrs north of where we live, and last weekend we put up some flyers around that area. We are going back this wkend and I plan to do the same again. We a 4 wheeler/snowmobile riders and focused more on some of the trails in the wooded areas around there. We also went to Conway Saturday for some shopping.. As for Settlers Green shopping area, near Kennett High, i didnt see ONE SINGLE FLYER... and when I asked at one of the stores, they told me that they are not allowed to hang flyers of any nature. Shocking considering this concerns the welfare of a minor child. That specific area, sees many tourists.. I have been to N Conway/Conway many times a year for the past 20 years... this was the only time ive ever had such an erie feeling, like always looking over your shoulder. IMO Abby met with some sort of foul play.

As for the case, I tend to believe there is something to this 6:30 call that Fish & Game said took place, whether the call came to her phone and was answered or a call was made from her phone, there has to be something to this... I can see there being a time discrepancy due to miscommunication if the time had been closer to the time LE now says her phone was last used or pinged. I believe that LE didnt want this info out yet, if at all, and Fish & Game released it inadvertantly.

What would be the point in holding back information on a 6:30 call?

Well, hypothetically, let say AH was taken by someone and held against her will. What if she was able to hide her cell phone, shut it off after that 3:07 tower ping herself, so that they didnt realize she had a phone, wouldnt hear it buzz/ring, whatever, and so she could call for help later. What if she was able to get to her phone and tried to call her mother at home, leaving a message at 6:30...which in turn could explain why, if her mother truely did get home from work at 7, LE was called so quickly. If the perp (if there was one) was following the news, he would then know that AH had a cell phone...
This is just a scenario that Im tossing out there.... IMO of course.

From Eagle's Way down to Eastman. The path ends just to the East of the wooded lot behind Walmart.

Look at Hollye's map...the yellow line between #2 and #27.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44...=0&sty=h&cid=49B0E16AAA81621D!113&form=LMLTCC

What a marvelous map. First time I have seen everything everybody's been talking about.

It was interesting to see one route in front of and one route behind Walmart and it was also interesting to see the road heading right by Pudding Pond and up to where the last ping was heard. A direct route.

Wow...so much to search.

With the bus vs walking maybe walking was a quicker way for her to get home. If she was last drop off or near. My son if he rides the bus doesn't get home till after 4 he gets out at 2:40 long bus ride.

How long would you guess it would take her to walk the approximate 2 miles?

In regards to the bear sighting, it makes sense now when Mom says AH was supposed to be on the bus that day and the LE have said the route was AH's usual route of walking home. In other words, AH usually walked home using that route, but perhaps with the bear sighting Mom had told her to take the bus home instead of walking.

Gosh I never in a million years would have suspected a bear got Abby but I guess it could happen.

That will take some time to digest!

From what I gathered Abby was walking alone and two girls from school were behind her. I haven't heard of any others.

Something strange happened to me this morning. My friend called to see if I would like to come to breakfast. I declined and we hung up the phone. Seconds later my phone rang and I answered it. Nobody responded but I got to listen to my friend and their breakfast conversation. I must have been in her purse or pocket. I hung up because ezdroppers never hear anything good about themselves but it was strange.

She has one of those new phones with the internet and is quite good on using it.

So with all of that said could Abby's phone have perhaps dialed somebody by accident while being jiggled around?

Since I don't believe LE has any idea of what became of Abigail, I am not sure what to make of the call/no call at 6:30. Maybe at first LE hoped to hold it back, if it existed, as a potential clue, but apparently, IMO, it has not helped all that much. Cannot believe this is three weeks now. I really think a girl her age would have taken some things important to her if she meant to leave for good...I wonder what she had in that bag, what is missing from her room. Yet I feel like she was meeting someone. Anyway, just rambling...

How long would you guess it would take her to walk the approximate 2 miles?

We had discussed that in one of the earlier threads. I think it was 30 minutes.
Could be a little less if she was walking briskly.

So with all of that said could Abby's phone have perhaps dialed somebody by accident while being jiggled around?

It's possible, I have the same phone has Abby and have done it, it depends on the screen lock if you have it set and for how long, and if you have clicked the button straight away to put the screen lock on, if you just hung up a call it can happen more easily. My cat has dialed people, he has even tried to talk to Siri by standing on the home button lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23