GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed Abigail's disappearance closely without anything very original to add to the discussion. However, since folks have mentioned the Connecticut River Valley serial killer here I thought I would recommend Philip E. Ginsburg's book The Shadow of Death to those interested in the investigation. I just finished it and found it to be among the best of the genre. I have read a lot of the genre!

As may or may not relate to Abby, the cops' and profiler's working theory at the end of the book about the CRVSK's m.o. is that he did not stalk his victims but trolled locations where he anticipated finding women alone. He chose his opportunities very carefully and was extremely controlled. If he's still alive he'd have to be in his mid to late 50s - early 60s. Based on geography alone I'm doubtful that Brianna Maitland's and Maura Murray's disappearances will ever be attributed to him, but that's truly just MHO.

I hope with all my heart that Abby is alive and well somewhere. I really have no inclinations as to what could have happened.

I was born in the 50s and raised to believe the world is a safe place. (I was shudderingly careless in my 20s in Vermont during the CRVSK's reign. It horrifies me now, but it's the truth.) That said, I walked occasionally from high school but never alone. Not alone not for reasons of safety at all, but because high school is a very social time and walking together is a social event - if that makes sense at all.

Today I happened to be passing our high school just after dismissal and saw many, many kids walking in all directions. No child was walking alone.

As I said, I hope Abby is well somewhere. However, if she isn't and she is found in the area they seem to be searching now, I'd be looking at kids. It chills me to type that, but I suspect if an adult were responsible she would be out of the immediate area.

Go home if you can, Abby.

Sept. 3rd was the start date for Kennett High School, she was a freshman. 9/03 to 10/09 is not a long stretch. It is a large school, 900 plus students, many bussed in from surrounding area. If no.conway has a population of 2800 plus, I would not know how many take the bus, and do not do that kind of math that Plumeria does. If my numbers are off, correct them please.

I know this may sound odd but...have they ever thought of the possibility that she could be underground? As in a bunker? Many criminals abduct girls very close to their homes. It's happened to many teenage girls before, especially those walking home in woods or other dense areas. Just a thought.

i dont think it sounds odd. reminds me of the book "the lovely bones" im sure lots of you on here have read it. its apparently based on a true story. the movie was filmed pretty close to where i live. for those who haven't read it, the perp was watching the main character, Susie Salmon who lived across the street from him. He made an underground bunker in a field between her school and her home and lured her there after school while she was walking alone one day. he killed her in the bunker and left her there. i believe this happened in the 60's or 70's, maybe early 80's..not positive though

That was definitely the case in my small town when I was in high school. I doubt things have changed much regarding the thoughts of high school kids riding the bus. I live in a city now and I don't know if city kids have a different feeling. I do know from my neighbor's junior high aged daughter that bullying on buses is very prevalent here. They have had a lot of problems over the years and their daughter is a regular kid who is pretty popular.

Well her boyfriend JC was on a bus so they could have sat together if they both rode the same bus. Did they ride the same bus? I donno.

I would think looking at all the hills and mountains and home way out in the middle of nowhere that bus service would be a must in that area.

Where there are a lot of locals walking the bus people do seem uncool but in an area like this...so spread out...I would think the kids would consider it just the way it is. MOO

Wmur news 9 is going to report on the search areas for abby from today

I'm not near a tv - Can you please tell us if WMUR says anything in particular? Thanks!

Something that's either very interesting or a typo: I looked at the latest story on their website re: Abby, and they mentioned that in addition to searching near her home they've also searched near Cannon Mountain. I'm wondering if that's true or if they meant Cranmore Mountain, because Cannon Mountain is in Franconia Notch, several miles to the west and a few towns away, off of interstate 93.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/we...ndez/-/9857858/22582812/-/wl843c/-/index.html

Edited to add: Well, they just fixed their typo; the article now says Cranmore Mountain (in the 2nd paragraph of the online article above).

Wmur news 9 is going to report on the search areas for abby from today

I wonder if NG will do a follow up on the disappearance of AH?

I keep thinking of moms boyfriend home from the navy on leave and he leaves and within one week Abby is gone.

Could there be any connection there? Anybody that stopped around or anywhere they might have all gone while he was home.

It has never made sense for LE to request a statement from a guy halfway across the world?

I keep thinking of that and wondered if anybody else had thoughts on something that might have opened up during his visit home...with other people that might have harmed Abby.

Well that was kind of a disappointing news report.... they said they were going to talk about the search areas they were in today but they didn't really.... they just said the same they reported last time, vague info.....

I keep thinking of moms boyfriend home from the navy on leave and he leaves and within one week Abby is gone.

Could there be any connection there? Anybody that stopped around or anywhere they might have all gone while he was home.

It has never made sense for LE to request a statement from a guy halfway across the world?

I keep thinking of that and wondered if anybody else had thoughts on something that might have opened up during his visit home...with other people that might have harmed Abby.

Maybe somebody was waiting for , whats the expression.. " when the cats away ... " No male home, time to make a move .

Is there a link about LE requesting the statement from the BF of Mom?

the news report on news 9 just reiterated a little more of the same, cranmore mtn, etc.... sorry if I'm repeating i was using a tablet and couldn't catch up with the posts.... for those of you who may want a quick link to it here it is

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/we...ndez/-/9857858/22582812/-/wl843c/-/index.html

and now with this msm link i can elaborate a little more..... (i think) i had wanted to mention earlier that the NH State Police K9 unit was out with them today..... but i didn't want to have it considered a rumor.... they gather early in the morning to group up for the searches at the selected locations.... and do this based on tips and existing info they have :)

Is there a link about LE requesting the statement from the BF of Mom?

My mistake. It was a request by a reporter for a statement.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

'Abby, everyone wants you back so badly'

Email

Published Date: Sunday, 20 October 2013 03:31

By Tom Eastman and Daymond Steer

CONWAY — The search by law enforcement authorities continues for missing Kennett High freshman Abigail Hernandez, 15, of Village Way of North Conway, who was last seen the afternoon of Wednesday, Oct. 9.

Conway police Lt. Chris Perley said Monday there was "nothing new to report," but he felt law enforcement was making "some headway" in the investigation.

Rich Gray, who has been in a relationship with Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, for four years, issued a statement per a reporter's request to express his thanks to the community and law enforcement and to join with others, including James D. Campbell, the father of Abigail's boyfriend, JC, in expressing concern for Abby's safe return.

Gray is stationed as a chief steward in Diego Garcia on the United States Naval Ship Seay. The ship is berthed at a U.S. Naval Support facility there on Diego Garcia, which is a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Gray, who works part-time for WMWV 93.5-FM and Attitash Ski School when back home in Mount Washington Valley, was home in late summer. He flew back to the ship by way of Bahrain on Oct. 3 and is scheduled to be gone for four months.

He said he has been in touch with the FBI regarding Abigail's disappearance. He also answered a reporter's question about the ordeal by noting via email Oct. 17, “I was pretty shocked and scared when Zenya told me that night of the 9th that she hadn’t come home. It took me by surprise and I was sure that she was just out for whatever reason and that she’d be back that night. But she hadn’t done anything like that since I’ve known her, so all kinds of things went through my mind. I have my own daughter, Allie, and she sure popped into my head and how I would have felt if it was her. So I felt pretty scared for Abby. No, I didn’t see this coming. She’s really a great kid and so much fun to be around.”

He issued the following official statement:

“First I just want to give a very heartfelt thanks to the MWV community and the close friends of Zenya and Sarah [Hernandez] for the tremendous and continued support that you’ve given them and your efforts to assist the authorities in bringing Abby home. It has meant so much to me to know that they are not alone. Of course a huge thanks goes to all of the authorities such as the local and state police, the FBI, the Attorney General’s office and other officials for their incredible and ongoing efforts to find Abby. It’s truly been amazing to watch this process even from 10,000 miles away.

"That said, and I am really appreciative of all of you, the real reason that I’m making this statement is to reiterate what has been said by Zenya, Sarah (Abigail's sister) and the police. I’m pleading with anyone reading this to please contact the police with any kind of information at all about Abby, however insignificant it may seem. It could be huge. You never know. If you saw Abby or know someone who did at around the time that she went missing or you heard of something that she or someone else said, please call the authorities. If you don’t want to be in direct contact with the police, use a third party or get word to Zenya. Please tell a friend that you read this. Every bit of information we can get no matter how small is so much needed.

"Abby is such a wonderful, creative and intelligent person. We need to find a way to bring her back. She’s got a great mom and sister that love her very much and will do anything for her. Abby everyone wants you back so badly. Please help bring Abby back to her family."

• • •

James D. Campbell, father of Abigail's boyfriend, JC, spoke highly of both JC and Abigail. He said JC loves Abigail deeply and insisted on earning the money to take her on dates.

"The last text Jimmy got was a heart," said James D. Campbell who confirmed the text was sent on Oct. 9 around 2:52 p.m

James Campbell recalled how JC and Abigail would spend time together all summer watching movies on Netflix at the Campbell home. Campbell recalled how they would laugh as JC would teach her how to play a Zombies themed video game on PS3 and also how they would all go on trips to places like Portsmouth. James Campbell said if Abigail had problems, she hid them well.

"This girl is and always will be an angel — very quiet, caring — and her and my boy are very close," said James Campbell. "JC can't be without her."

The Campbells and the Hernandez family want Abby to come home. James Campbell urges anyone with information on this case to contact law enforcement.

"This girl needs to be home with her family," said James Campbell.

• • •

Anyone with information about the Abigail Hernandez case is urged to call Conway police at 356-5717 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Has anyone discussed who this man is in AH's photo album? Is this her dad? Whoever he is, I'm sorry..........he looks creepy!! It does look like a mug shot photo tho'! JMO

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...897654.-2207520000.1382568364.&type=3&theater

I posted all the background on this a while back. It is a mug shot of a male in Defiance, OH. He was arrested and charged with multiple DUI etc.. No one knows why she posted etc..

The Image was matched to this news story:
http://www.toledoblade.com/local/20...iled-in-18th-DUI-may-go-free-in-6-months.html

I would say that I don't feel the same way about the first part of the article as I do the second part.
Let's say that article has three parts, it is 3 ? fWIW and certainly moo

Letter to Parents-School Admin.
http://www.sau9.org/SAU9/NewsLetter/AH_District_Letter.pdf

Bus Schedule
http://www.sau9.org/SAU9/Busses/bus-sched.html

**Checking ALL PM Buses from HS-Cannot locate a stop closest to AH home**

Skyline Drive: (Near Cranmore?)
http://www.sau9.org/SAU9/Busses/Routes/2013-14_Routes/Ryan_Murphy_13-14.pdf
Leaves HS @2:27 PM
Arrives Skyline Drive:2:45

I could be wrong, but the afternoon bus schedule below may be for the bus Abby would take home (after going to Redstone, it seems to head north along route 302/16). The stop closest to her home may be the one at Echo Acres at 3:07. I'm not sure where the "Mt. Washington Hotel" stop is (I can't find a hotel by that name in North Conway in google, so maybe it goes by a different business name or maybe I just didn't look well enough). Maybe that stop is the Mount Washington Valley Inn???:

http://www.sau9.org/SAU9/Busses/Routes/2013-14_Routes/Linda_K_13-14.pdf

Just catching up...I read an article about this man. He is a habitual drunk driver (from Ohio I tjink). His connection with AH I have no clue

FYI on Photos Also:

I posted these pics in Thread 2 I believe to see if anyone local would recognize the location(s).

This Picture from AH FB was posted on 10/2/2012 (9:30 PM)
(She posted a picture of herself on FB 2.5 hours prior to this also)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...39622239.10104.100004330897654&type=1&theater

Research of this photo shows it is actually from a Website/Farm in Michigan.
http://www.thewhitebarnfarm.com/CVMFarmPics.htm

The photo is linked to that website only so I would assume she had to visit that site and liked the photo (unless someone else had it on social media and she copied it)

This Second photo appears to be taken by AH and posted on 10/21/2012

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...39622239.10104.100004330897654&type=1&theater

Appears to be taken from the side of the road and/or walking/riding by? Red Sign? Anyone know where/what this is? Is it N Conway Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member