GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, jblock. no one's admonishing them nor expecting a throng of new hampshire newcomers to post rumors here. IMO...

my point was, rumors are flying somewhere...quietly. which tells the rabbit more and more that they're simply fearful of accusing 'one of their own'. if locals truly believed a random predator was on the loose, every parent would be following their child on a bicycle. i simply don't believe that's the case, JMO...

well donna, i saw the wizard. he gave me a heart, a brain, and courage. i hope someone in the greater conway area receives the same and makes a phone call to the feds...MOO...

Maybe that is where I pulled the word out of my brain from! Rumors are flying in the town... rumors fly everywhere.

I agree on the random predator, too. If people thought that they'd fear it and yes, be following johnny around on their bike!

However, the locals are having no problem chattering their lives away on public forums. Like I said, if there were complete radio silence, I'd understand and expect it. It would make sense to not have anything public and go completely private, but they haven't done that. Her friends, as well as the local adults, are posting on social media the same as they did before AH disappeared. That's not New England aloof, that's contradictory behaviour. And these same private NE folks had no problem getting face time with the camera when AH first disappeared and commenting on how "pretty" they are on their various social media outlets. I find that really callous and odd, and even more so when you take into consideration how private and stoic NH people are.

Not sure about the pretty thing, I missed something there. But the rest is a big yes yes yes. Strange, it is strange to me. Doesn't feel right.

Gives you that Something Is Not Right feeling... because something is not right. Course, how could anything be right with a child missing and not a clue to be found.

Did a little more snooping (this time actually logged into Facebook lol). As I live fairly close to NC and have a few younger friends, I realized some of her "besties" have mutual friends with me. Looking at pages I hadn't before, a lot of the teens I have mutual friends with are posting stuff about wanting Abby to come home and having a hard time without her there. Looking at the privacy settings, every post I see is set to friends of friends. I know I can't discuss what is actually said, but it makes me feel better that they are still talking about her and thinking about her and have changed privacy settings. Social media hasn't gone completely dead.

I've had thoughts for a week or so about this. Maybe Abby wasn't popular at school. I'm not saying it's the case, but there has been a distinct lack of interest from young people at her school. Her boyfriend was her close friend before they became a couple. Maybe she was just a quiet, geeky kind of kid that no one really noticed?

Honestly, that could be it. I remember when I was in 11th grade, this new kid at my school died in a car accident. He was in one of my classes, yet no one knew who he was. It was pretty sad how my teacher had to try to describe him to us, and even then, most of the class had trouble remembering him, despite the fact that he had been in the classroom every day for months prior. In every class, we had kids who were very quiet, never said a word, etc. If Abigail was similar to that, I can see why her disappearance is not a big "issue" to her classmates. Also, if the kids have convinced themselves that she ran away or she met someone on the Internet (vs. being snatched by some predator), I could see why they wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe a lot of them don't truly get what happens when someone goes missing. Has the school issued any warnings? Did they have an assembly? Send a note home? New security procedures? If the school or town isn't treating it like a stranger abduction, then it's not surprising the students aren't reacting to it like one.

ETA: Did Abigail go to middle school with her 9th grade classmates?

I have followed two million cases, well more or less, lol, and I am not seeing much difference between this one and most others, to be honest.

White Rabbitt......Maybe she wasn't walking. I am told that not many people are seen walking on the North South road there. If your a local there you would take notice of a lone walker. Maybe some of the locals here could respond. Thanks.

You know I was thinking about this today and from what I have seen there are lots of parts of Abby's walk that have houses. Surely some of those people have noticed a lonely girl walking home from school if she walked quite a bit as others have said.

Up til now the weather has been mild and I am sure a lot of those folks would be doing yard work or walking their dogs or just sitting outside.

I hope they have talked to those homeowners along the route to see if they remember her.

Believe it or not some people have no tv or internet and might not even know that beautiful girl they watched go by their home...is missing.

Honestly, that could be it. I remember when I was in 11th grade, this new kid at my school died in a car accident. He was in one of my classes, yet no one knew who he was. It was pretty sad how my teacher had to try to describe him to us, and even then, most of the class had trouble remembering him, despite the fact that he had been in the classroom every day for months prior. In every class, we had kids who were very quiet, never said a word, etc. If Abigail was similar to that, I can see why her disappearance is not a big "issue" to her classmates. Also, if the kids have convinced themselves that she ran away or she met someone on the Internet (vs. being snatched by some predator), I could see why they wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe a lot of them don't truly get what happens when someone goes missing. Has the school issued any warnings? Did they have an assembly? Send a note home? New security procedures? If the school or town isn't treating it like a stranger abduction, then it's not surprising the students aren't reacting to it like one.

ETA: Did Abigail go to middle school with her 9th grade classmates?

Above BBM. I've been wondering this same thing. Kids are so weird and territorial. Abby is as cute as a button, sweet and is into "guy" things like video games. I can see girls that don't know her seeing her as a threat, a rival, whatever you want to call it. IMHO whatever happened to Abby was at the hands of someone she knew, perhaps not well, but well enough to trust them by going somewhere with them.

ALWAYS MOO

oh crap. that's supposed to be a link to 'downstairs'.

did it come through?

Where is that wonderful post????

Twas I...and I will go through it again.

As you read posts...at the bottom of each post is the quote button but next to it is another button with this " on it. Each post you want to quote and reply to you simply touch that button and it will turn red.

When you have finished reading simply hit reply like you always do to post and all the posts you signaled will appear.

Now each post will begin and end with 'QUOTE'. So you want to respond after the quote marks for every post. When you hit send the quotes will appear blue and your posts will be white and black.

It's a wonderful feature.

Gosh I am not a great researcher but I am tickled pink to be able to share this feature with any and all. Makes me feel...useful. Peace out!

Above BBM. I've been wondering this same thing. Kids are so weird and territorial. Abby is as cute as a button, sweet and is into "guy" things like video games. I can see girls that don't know her seeing her as a threat, a rival, whatever you want to call it. IMHO whatever happened to Abby was at the hands of someone she knew, perhaps not well, but well enough to trust them by going somewhere with them.

ALWAYS MOO

I don't think she was seen as a threat. A girl who is seen as a threat would be one who is really outgoing, very popular, etc. Basically, a girl who threatens to take away something the other girls have. I think it's more likely that Abby kept to herself.

And what does this article from 2011 have to do with Abby?

I have been here, following the case, hoping to see "found safe" every day. Waking up in the middle of the night to check to see if she has been found.

I am really confused about what is going on here in the thread. I don't have the time to read back and decipher the nonsense from the "real" posts. Will somebody please just post a few words to let me know if there is any news, good or bad, regarding the fact that Abby is still missing or any closer to being found???

So back to the locals and what they are saying. I am sure there is plenty of talk in the local breakfast hangouts for seniors, the local hairdresser and also the Monday night bunco clubs.

Everybody's talking but just to those in their comfort zone.

Everybody will THINK they know who done it but without proof it's all pie in the sky.

I do think it's really hard on anybody that was close to Abby and in her inner circle. They will be looked at the hardest and talked about the most.

Maybe, could have and I bets are probably running wild.

So I hope those that are 'getting it' stay strong and I hope their friends support them for the good people they are. Families of teens in the light need to stay real close to them because it will be hard for them to talk about the whispers about them. Letting you know you love and trust them may seem to be rolling off them but they hear you and they know you love them.

When they find this predator everybody in town will probably be surprised that it's NOT ONE OF THEIR OWN!

And what does this article from 2011 have to do with Abby?

I have been here, following the case, hoping to see "found safe" every day. Waking up in the middle of the night to check to see if she has been found.

I am really confused about what is going on here in the thread. I don't have the time to read back and decipher the nonsense from the "real" posts. Will somebody please just post a few words to let me know if there is any news, good or bad, regarding the fact that Abby is still missing or any closer to being found???

Sad to say there is nothing new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member