GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this major break in the McStay case is the real reasn this thread quieted down.... personally i didn't hink they would be found.... i'm sad that this is the outcome, but at the very least, they were all together.....

Many followers here follow many or multiple cases sometime for years. So those following the McStay case as you said will be all over that & rightly so. But this case IMO only & I hate to feel this way & I won't forget this case by no means, but I am only checking in now as IMO it is at a stand-still. There is no knew info. that here we can try to make a difference. Again only MO & maybe someone could provide more info. so we could move or go forward staying within the rules. JMO

Another suggestion for getting her name and face out there is rest stops. This might sound weird, so stay with me, but not only rest stops but either by the sinks or in the stalls of the bathroom. Like PKirsch said, we see thousands of images every day, our brains are constantly filtering information and images, but while on the toilet there is not much else going on and no visual distractions. I know some places have even started selling advertising space on their stalls. Our family will be going on a trip next weekend from Vermont to Mass and plan on bringing a stack of fliers with us to hang in rest stops as we pass through.

Another more somber idea is to talk to your local hunting/fishing shops. I brought some to my local shop (VT) and the owner was more than happy to hang some photos/info about her and to remind hunters to keep an eye out for things like recently disturbed ground or her personal items.

Ask people to make some calls to their local news stations asking them to do a segment on the case, mention the website, where they can get materials, etc? Push the fact that she could be anywhere. I can picture a local station far away opening with "A small town in N. Conway NH is asking for your help." PKirsch, could maybe (if he can handle any more on his plate) be the contact for stations to call? That way the information would be clear and concise to include putting the website www.bringabbyhome.com on the screen.

That's my one and only thought worth posting before checking into my bed for the night.

You can always tell them to contact me, I am happy to talk to anyone, thanks for the thought. Easiest way is to give them my email pkirsch2@gmail.com or send them to the website link:

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/contact/

You can also tell them to call my phone: (207) 200-3780 It's a google voice phone number I use as it lets me check messages online and all that.

thank you

I'm thinking about the Jessica Ridgeway case. Hopefully, this is nothing like that. However, the killer turned himself in after the police announced they were going door to door, taking DNA samples of all males teen through adult. Why not do the same in this case. Then, if they find her phone, belongings, or God forbid her deceased, they can match up DNA. If it was an abduction, it's more likely to have been someone local (in her neighborhood) who became fixated on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about the Jessica Ridgeway case. Hopefully, this is nothing like that. However, the killer turned himself in after the police announced they were going door to door, taking DNA samples of all males teen through adult. Why not do the same in this case. Then, if they find her phone, belongings, or God forbid her deceased, they can match up DNA. If it was an abduction, it's more likely to have been someone local (in her neighborhood) who became fixated on her.

IIRC Jessica's killer turned himself in because his mother found out and essentially made him. The police had already gone door to door and spoken with him (sans suspicion). I'm not sure if he had given a swab prior to that, but I'm guessing not.

Point being: let's hope the perp doesn't live alone.

Excuse my indelicate post, but they need a body to match DNA to a perp. Right now they don't have anything that they'd be able to match anyone's DNA to. They have no crime scene, they have no body.

Happy weekend guys! I've been under the weather all week with bronchitis so I've been quiet. I know the other mods are extremely busy on the McStay case but that one isn't one of mine.

Again on the forum rules, NO Topix at all, that is a disallowed site here and also, please do not post about people who follow your own Twitter, etc. This case is about Abby, not rumor and not about non-case players.

Hope you feel better soon Cat! Still checking in here constantly, hoping.. Where are you Abby!?

I was talking to my oldest who goes to a college here in NH. I was expressing my dismay that Abby has not been found. My child said I did not know someone was missing. I was dumbfounded. I have posted it on my Facebook and just assumed everyone in NH knew. Or that most people were thinking about it daily. I sent the website info and my child said they would print out flyers and posters and put them around campus.

Happy weekend guys! I've been under the weather all week with bronchitis so I've been quiet. I know the other mods are extremely busy on the McStay case but that one isn't one of mine.

Again on the forum rules, NO Topix at all, that is a disallowed site here and also, please do not post about people who follow your own Twitter, etc. This case is about Abby, not rumor and not about non-case players.

You do a real good job Cat...one I don't envy. I was not sure about posting over here but you have great participants and the most up to the minute information with so many locals joining up.

I am getting used to the rules and I enjoy all the mods and posters.

Feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.

Cat, when i first got here the rules were overwhelming, took me awhile to get them all straight. One thing I've always understood is why they are there. They keep our kids safe and to ensure LE can do their job properly. It is a no brainer.

I'm very frustrated at the lack of shares I am getting from posting on my own page. I have a few who will actually go to the website and share which is awesome! That's it. I'm trying to find other avenues as people seem more absorbed in how to make no bake pumpkin pie than how to save a life.

Flyers are one way. I've also been emailing around with the website info to get it on the air in more places. I figure there are others doing the same and the more who do that the more exposure.

Very happy to see the flyers around before I even get there. There must be a few of us in my area!

I was talking to my oldest who goes to a college here in NH. I was expressing my dismay that Abby has not been found. My child said I did not know someone was missing. I was dumbfounded. I have posted it on my Facebook and just assumed everyone in NH knew. Or that most people were thinking about it daily. I sent the website info and my child said they would print out flyers and posters and put them around campus.

I live and work in NH. I mentioned the case at work the other day and only one other person knew what I was talking about.

NHNurse, I'm getting that here, too. I'm not far enough away for people not to know this case well.

I don't think it's surprising that the case isn't well-known, even in NH. It takes an excessive amount of media coverage for a case to have a high recognition rate. It needs to be shoved down people's throats, wherever they go, they hear it mentioned. This is also one thing I don't like about social media because you open a FB page, you have thousands of people who join, from all over the country, and the world, who are sharing the posters, etc but then it turns out that most people in the victim's own state don't even know about the case.

The lack of media coverage up here is mind boggling. :banghead:

What you need is one interested journalist.

I remember there was a gal journalist at The Hook newspaper over in VA by the name of Courtney Stuart when Morgan H went missing. She wrote many fine articles and went on to become Editor In Chief. Unfortunately that newspaper folded this year but that takes othing away from Ms. Stuarts excellent reporting and writing on MH.

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

She wrote and dug and asked and did everything imaginable to help find the man that murdered Morgan.

Compton needs a hero! Compton needs a Courtney Stuart!

It's true- one journalist who cares is worth 1000 press releases. I have been quiet b/c Dylan Redwine's memorial is this weekend. He had one caring journalist who has not let his story go. Every missing child needs one.

Sorry to say, but the NH media's relative reticence is likely to some extent based on an at least sub-conscious fear of damaging the huge NH tourism trade.
This might seem like a cynical thing to state, but sadly I fear it is the truth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member