GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of media coverage up here is mind boggling. :banghead:

Sorry to say, but the NH media's relative reticence is likely to some extent based on an at least sub-conscious fear of damaging the huge NH tourism trade.
This might seem like a cynical thing to state, but sadly I fear it is the truth...

Has there been anything further on the next press release?

Yes, it is 3am, and here I sit in FL, still thinking of Abby. Need some help though, was it her mom that said in an interview - that she disappeared from a public place ? Have been thinking about that, and want to know if that should be a tangent worth pursuing.

Excuse my indelicate post, but they need a body to match DNA to a perp. Right now they don't have anything that they'd be able to match anyone's DNA to. They have no crime scene, they have no body.

My point wasn't to actually match DNA at this point, but to threaten to match DNA. I read that the killer in the Jessica Ridgeway case turned himself in after learning the police were going door-to-door for samples. If Abby's disappearance is an abduction, the abductor doesn't know what evidence the police have or if they've located the crime scene (actual spot of abduction).

"DNA evidence can be retrieved from many objects at a scene. These objects can include (but are not limited to), a weapon, flooring, bedding, laundry, telephones, remote controls, and counter tops. Sources include (but are not limited to) sweat, dandruff, mucus, saliva, semen, blood and hair. DNA evidence is often not visible to the naked eye. A telephone may, for instance, yield DNA evidence such as sweat, saliva, or other sources. Everyone knows that doorknobs can yield fingerprints, but they can also hold DNA evidence in the form of sweat or other sources. There are many objects at a scene that you might not assume hold any DNA evidence."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to say, but the NH media's relative reticence is likely to some extent based on an at least sub-conscious fear of damaging the huge NH tourism trade.
This might seem like a cynical thing to state, but sadly I fear it is the truth...

But the local media in North Conway would be Boston....Boston TV stations, Boston newspapers, etc. Right? I can't see tourism in NH being a reason why they won't give the case more coverage.

My point wasn't to actually match DNA at this point, but to threaten to match DNA. I read that the killer in the Jessica Ridgeway case turned himself in after learning the police were going door-to-door for samples. If Abby's disappearance is an abduction, the abductor doesn't know what evidence the police have or if they've located the crime scene (actual spot of abduction). "

But in Jessica's case LE had evidence they could have gotten DNA from. The backpack, the body, the necklace. And Sigg had a DNA swap taken several days before he confessed to his mom and she made him turn himself in. It was a match in the end, but he submitted to the test.

In this case LE appear to have nothing. Abby's abductor has the upper hand because they're the only person who knows what happened and where key items are. Doing it now could compromise future investigation.

Eileen, can only tell you about one local newspaper...not the tv stations. Local paper is the Conway Daily Sun, it is a sweet paper, free, I would pick it up in the newspaper stand outside of the grocery store. Everyone grabs one.
I think there is a lull between seasons, skiers come next, I call them the winter people.

ETA- if you wanted to pick up a Boston Globe newspaper, or any NY newspapers you needed to go to a news stand section ..inside stores.

Eileen, can only tell you about one local newspaper...not the tv stations. Local paper is the Conway Daily Sun, it is a sweet paper, free, I would pick it up in the newspaper stand outside of the grocery store. Everyone grabs one.
I think there is a lull between seasons, skiers come next, I call them the winter people.

Yeah, when I refer to local media in this case, I am talking about the Boston media. The TV stations that people in North Conway get when they turn on their TV. We've seen their reporters show up in North Conway for press conferences, and they are still writing some articles about the case. I think it probably hurts the case that it happened 100+ miles from Boston. IDK but I feel like the Boston media probably prefers to report on stories that happened in their suburbs than one that happened 2 1/2 hours away in another state; with a big reason for that being their audience.

You're right, Eileen. Can not think of a boston paper that has a nh section. Can not tell you anything about the tv stations that n.conway gets, wish I could.

Am still trying to find who might have mentioned " disappeared from a public place."
So, closest public place to Kennett hs would be the Walmart parking lot. Because it is up a built in hill, it is out of view for anyone traveling in a SUV type car from either n/ s rd or Eastman Rd.

Have been thinking about that busy intersection too, n/s rd., eagles way and Eastman Rd. - and the right turn on red lanes just the general high traffic at the lights there, especially when the school buses must be in a line at the bottom of the hill they come down. Is there a way to find out with 900plus kids on buses....how many buses leave that school at the end of the day? Is the traffic light set at that time of day for more buses than just 2 or 3 to turn at a time before it turns red again and the buses stack up behind each other?

You're right, Eileen. Can not think of a boston paper that has a nh section. Can not tell you anything about the tv stations that n.conway gets, wish I could.

Am still trying to find who might have mentioned " disappeared from a public place."
So, closest public place to Kennett hs would be the Walmart parking lot. Because it is up a built in hill, it is out of view for anyone traveling in a SUV type car from either n/ s rd or Eastman Rd.

I agree. Disappeared from a public place makes me think her footage could last be tracked on a public place which prob might be thru a camera in that public place and they lost her footage there ..no more sightings after that.. I guess she was alone in the sighting if there is one as LE seems to have no suspect right now.. I wonder was she on her way to meet someone near that public place ?
might be at the back of the parking lot at a more isolated spot for the abductor not to be seen ?

So, I have been thinking that maybe on the 9 th, her innocent mission that day was to scope out how to spend her birthday money. Didn't she have plans with her Mom the following Saturday, her birthday ? So, that particular Walmart is a small store, prime location, huge parking lot, but it is not a super 24 hr Walmart. I have been in that lot, after October.9th, looked at all the mounted cameras for the first time ever, was so very surprised there were so many. Someone also said that some are phony, but I wouldn't know how to tell a real one from a phony. We always used to park in the far corner of that lot , and use the nursery/ plant entrance to enter the store. That would be nearest Eastman Rd. By mid or nearing the end of October that entrance is closed up tighter than a drum....but I do know it hmmmmmmm, Was probably open still on the 9th, as people were still buying mums and Halloween outdoor decorations and fall seasonal stuff.

Another place that would have a boatload of cameras would be settlers green, a sweet teen kid could walk through there, sit on a bench, text, window shop....buy a smoothie - and still be walking home. We don't know she went that way though. Do remember that LE mentioned that someone inadvertently messed up a search there with dogs, by trying to help.

I wonder who have rented cars that day ? Suspiciously...
- The abductor / the ones living with him could prove that his car was at home that day ...
-Could help the abductor not to be recognised while driving or parking..
-No DNA sample would be on his own vehicle...

Nh has a state wide paper the union leader. We have a tv station wmur. There is the concord monitor that you can get state wide as well. Lots of towns have weekly papers.

It was when Zenya spoke at the flashlight vigil. What she said was "Abby disappeared from a "busy location" in North Conway between 3 and 4 p.m."

I felt that she said that based on the unconfirmed reports of her on NS road, "previous route" home, etc.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109704-hundreds-shine-lights-for-abby

"busy location" She didn't exactly say "public place" IIRC and that might be important. IMO North South Road between the rotary and Settler's Green is pretty busy, IE; not secluded like the powerline.

I live in in Vermont and news channel wcax has done a great job covering Abby's story and keeping her name/face fresh. They are based here in VT, but cover news from Upstate NY and NH as well. While coverage has recently waned, I still hear them mention her about once every day or two and up until a week or two ago they mentioned her and showed her photo on each of their morning and evening local news shows. I have sent them emails and facebook messages thanking them for their continued coverage, perhaps with more positive feedback they will continue! One reporter, Molly Smith, seems to be the one who reports on the case usually. Here is their website: http://www.wcax.com/
their email: channel3@wcax.com
and their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WCAXTV

Has there been much coverage on NECN (New England Cable News)? Maine news programs are also shown in NH.

It was when Zenya spoke at the flashlight vigil. What she said was "Abby disappeared from a "busy location" in North Conway between 3 and 4 p.m."

I felt that she said that based on the unconfirmed reports of her on NS road, "previous route" home, etc.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109704-hundreds-shine-lights-for-abby

"busy location" She didn't exactly say "public place" IIRC and that might be important. IMO North South Road between the rotary and Settler's Green is pretty busy, IE; not secluded like the powerline.

Thank you for telling me the exact words, busy location, steleheart. NS road is exactly where the FBI stopped traffic too and talked with each driver.
The bugaboo for me is still why she turned onto the power line trail, but she could have still walked along it just for a bit and cut over to the Walmart parking lot.
In the beginning, I used to think she maybe walked to the end of the power line trail.....but I now think I was way off base there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3