GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what went on this evening but...if you happen to have at tip, please call the FBI. You can report any tips to 1-800-225-5324, immediately and confidentially (per the bringabbyhome.com page).

I dont buy that she's been hidden in an extended family or friend's house for sol long with her own will. I' m sure LE has a list of all those people and they must have been checked by now . It seems to be illegal also to hide a teen against all that LE and FBI efforts going on..p
I still tend to think of a possible abduction by someoe in contact with her, might be sb knowing or seeing her and obsessed with her or maybe they had contact online.
I cant help thinking of that 'does this rag smell lime chloroform to you and where were you 3 hours ago and im sorry for yr arm ' sentences on her page.. It really is weird and telling thinking that Abby just vanished from a busy place prob with a car and somehow incapacitated..
I wonder if LE could identify this person or not? that chloroform thing makes me sick...
And why was it Abby? DId she have something common with the abductor?
what was their intersection point? was that her likes, her beliefs, sth religious, her hobbies or maybe someone they both knew ,any place he saw her like school or its environment..? have been wondering wby it was her, wish could find a clue that would help find the abductor and of course
a safe and living Abby....
Doesnt seem like a random abduction to me at all..

She did get harassing comments on her Tumbler page, Question me section. I agree the "chloroform" comment was creepy. Also, someone seemed to know and was teasing her about cutting. She didn't dispute it, only saying, "Yes, my poor arms".

Makes you wonder if she had been in treatment and met a troubled teen of the sadistic variety in a group therapy setting. She seems to have been vulnerable.

I would think the FBI flagged those comments and could locate the IP addresses. Is that true? I'm not tech savvy.

I still think she ran away. Her parents know her better than anyone, and it sounds like that's the way they're leaning.

Btw, I have a niece who was a cutter in high school. She's worked through her issues and is doing well now. She's healthy, happy, and thriving.

There is hope Abby. Come home to safety. You can't run from your problems or your feelings. You'll take them with you wherever you go. Whether you're feeling overwhelmed because of abuse, neglect, a less than hearty brain chemistry, or insecure attachment in early childhood, you can learn to love yourself and feel whole. It's a tough journey but you're the only one who can face and fix these problems. You can overcome this and help others. Once you heal, you'll have buckets of empathy and wisdom to pay forward. Godspeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<respectfully snipped>

There is hope Abby. Come home to safety. You can't run from your problems or your feelings. You'll take them with you wherever you go. Whether you're feeling overwhelmed because of abuse, neglect, a less than hearty brain chemistry, or insecure attachment in early childhood, you can learn to love yourself and feel whole. It's a tough journey but you're the only one who can face and fix these problems. You can overcome this and help others. Once you heal, you'll have buckets of empathy and wisdom to pay forward. Godspeed.

If she ran away, I hope she can read your amazing post. :loveyou:

That's the rub. It depends on who you have in your corner maneuvering through that social media and regular media circus to get your name out there. Some are successful, some are not.

I have to say: Abby sure has a lot of coverage and support (family and strangers) for someone who may have simply run away. Seems incongruous, IMO.

If you are the chosen one on the Nancy Grace show you get lots of attention.

That is why I said earlier they need to make nice with NG so she will do a followup show on Abby. They have done two shows but the second one made the mistake of calling Abby a cheerleader and Nancy was called on it by the locals and when saying she made a mistake the next evening she was very unhappy.

YOu can tell when NG isn't happy. So...they need to make nice with NG...lots of publicity there.

I' not saying it happened in Abby' s case , but mostly the cause of children deaths in their parents's hands is abuse esp sexual .. so many hot and cold cases I followed here on WS abt that unfortunately..In some circumstances the mum reports this asap she is aware, but some mums deny this, remains silent and even blame the child .
Not to be surprised that these children/teens attempt to run away and not let anyone know abt their whereabouts..
That said, I would only credit a runaway and revenge possibilty in Abby's shoes only if sbe went thru a kind of similar experience ...Otherwise her dreams etc seems a bit farfetched to me.. Not that never to blame anyone
of course.JMO

I' not saying it happened in Abby' s case , but mostly the cause of children deaths in their parents's hands is abuse esp sexual .. so many hot and cold cases I followed here on WS abt that unfortunately..In some circumstances the mum reports this asap she is aware, but some mums deny this, remains silent and even blame the child .
Not to be surprised that these children/teens attempt to run away and not let anyone know abt their whereabouts..
That said, I would only credit a runaway and revenge possibilty in Abby's shoes only if sbe went thru a kind of similar experience ...Otherwise her dreams etc seems a bit farfetched to me.. Not that never to blame anyone
of course.JMO

I was sexually abused as a kid, sometime between ages 5-7, but my actions at 3-4 suggested an even earlier abuse. I was abused by my mom's dad and one of her brothers- incest.

It negatively effected me, right down to the soul level. I had low self-esteem and all sorts of unexplained dysfunctions. My family labeled me as"difficult" and "bad" when actually I was just angry about the abuse. I was self-destructive for years. Nobody got me help.

If they had acknowledged the problem and gotten me into therapy, my g'pa and uncle may have had their butts hauled off to jail. Nobody was going to risk that for me. At times, my mom said she didn't believe me. Other times, she blamed me. Most often, she told me to "just forgive them".

As an adult, I happened upon a wizard of a shrink in this trauma area. He explained my life to me in words that made sense and told me I wasn't the problem. He said, "You had normal responses to abnormal experiences. Anyone in your shoes would have reacted the same".

Up until the day he died, my dad didn't stop apologizing for failing to bring my abusers to justice and get me help as a kid. My mom, on the other hand, has never issued a heart-felt apology or taken any responsibility for failing to protect me.

My wizard shrink explained that my mom most likely cannot acknowledge my abuse because it would cause her to acknowledge her own childhood sexual abuse. "She probably doesn't want to go to her grave with those memories in her mind," he said.

Whoops...replied early....

I hated my mom as a teen. If asked, I would have said, "she doesn't understand me, she's critical, she doesn't support me, etc."

In reality, her failure to protect me was a grave sin. The gravest, however, was her failure to apologize for not protecting me and for not getting me help once I reported the abuse.

The happy part of the story is that I healed without that validation. I learned to take care of, protect, and love that wounded little girl inside myself. Also, I learned to take care of, protect, and love my own children in the way I deserved but did not receive as a kid.

I don't know if any if this is relevant to Abby's case. If not, maybe it's relevant to someone else's life.

I hope she ran away and is safe. But my question is how would she have run away if she did. Not much public transportation in the area. I think there are buses out of Conway but that is all. She didn't seem to take anything with her...

Whoops...replied early....

I hated my mom as a teen. If asked, I would have said, "she doesn't understand me, she's critical, she doesn't support me, etc."

In reality, her failure to protect me was a grave sin. The gravest, however, was her failure to apologize for not protecting me and for not getting me help once I reported the abuse.

The happy part of the story is that I healed without that validation. I learned to take care of, protect, and love that wounded little girl inside myself. Also, I learned to take care of, protect, and love my own children in the way I deserved but did not receive as a kid.

I don't know if any if this is relevant to Abby's case. If not, maybe it's relevant to someone else's life.

thank you for sharing this with us, i have tears in my eyes. your children are blessed to have you as their mother.

<respectfully snipped by me>

Up until the day he died, my dad didn't stop apologizing for failing to bring my abusers to justice and get me help as a kid. My mom, on the other hand, has never issued a heart-felt apology or taken any responsibility for failing to protect me.

My wizard shrink explained that my mom most likely cannot acknowledge my abuse because it would cause her to acknowledge her own childhood sexual abuse. "She probably doesn't want to go to her grave with those memories in her mind," he said. [/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry you went through this, Little Rose. <3

thank you for sharing this with us, i have tears in my eyes. your children are blessed to have you as their mother.

Thanks for your kind reply.

My introduction to the therapist I mentioned was about 4 years ago. I have 4 sons, from age 22 years to 18 months. Unfortunately, my older 3 suffered the effects of my unresolved trauma and depression. It interfered with my ability to bond and protect my kids. I left my 3rd born with a nanny who abused him, causing a skull fracture (he survived with no physical consequences). I was devastated that I had failed to protect my son like my mom failed to protect me. When I learned how my abuse effected my parenting, I was destroyed.

I had to learn to love myself before I could fully forgive myself.

As I begin to heal, the effects slowly trickle down to help my older 3 heal.

Unresolved trauma gets passed down to the next generation. Best way to break the cycle is to catch it early and get kids help when they do self-destructive things, like running away, cutting, eating disorders, abusing drugs and alcohol, getting pregnant, etc.

My guess is that Abby may have some trauma in her past. If she's alive and they can get her home to safety, I have hope for her healing.

So it sounds like the consensus is that she ran away? I am not sure I believe that.

So it sounds like the consensus is that she ran away? I am not sure I believe that.

I keep reading and waiting for some piece of something to point me in one direction or another. I haven't found that yet. :fence:

Rose you are a remarkable person, I applaud you. I went through long term childhood trauma of a different kind that affected me badly, so in a way I understand. <3

Initially I thought no way, and I still do to a point, honestly I am totally confused by everything. Nothing has swayed my initial thoughts that something bad has happened to her but like her Mom said, you have to have hope. And I sincerely hope she is found safe and that my gut was wrong.

I keep reading and waiting for some piece of something to point me in one direction or another. I haven't found that yet. :fence:

You have put it better than me, that is exactly where I am. The reaction of LE in the beginning is what made me think something bad, but since we have had nothing, nothing at all, nothing concrete to point in any direction, and here we are.. :(

for those survivors who have shared their own personal traumas heartfelt :hug: from one survivor to another.

regarding Abby's case, I do not yet see any indication that Abby suffered the same abuse as we did.

I also am having a really difficult time seeing her as a runaway although she may well be. IF she is a runaway, the causes could be many and myriad. I feel it is WAY too soon for me to even begin to try to speculate on that aspect.

Personally, my theory about her disappearance and her current circumstance hasn't changed from the first week. However, we are all speculating and batting around possibilities based on information released in the press conferences. I don't think "runaway" is the general consensus amongst WSers but I hope we are all wrong.

I was struck by something Zenya said in her letter: "...that hope speaks louder than fear..." That's a very poignant phrase, IMO. I've been thinking a lot about Zenya's letter and what she (prehaps LE) chose to say. I've tried to put myself in her shoes and think about what I would want my daughter to hear. I've tried to imagine being Abigail, listening (as a runaway or a captive), and what I would want to hear from my mother. I have tried to put myself in the shoes of LE (assuming they are the puppeteers) to understand why they would want this message, the message that Abby most likely ran away, to be heard. The only thing I can conclude is that...I have no clue what to think. I would want to say something different, I would want to hear something different.

Do any of you feel this way, too? I'm not sure for Abby or Zenya's sake if parsing through this topic would be of any use. And, if Zenya wanted to say something different, I wouldn't want to upset her further. Just curious if anyone else has been thinking about this topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen