GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I understand on 10/9 state police arrived at the home with the K9 unit. I do not know if that night they retraced her steps from the high school.... it was on 10/10 that it was in the media that they used NHSP K9's to follow her scent from the school towards home and I think vice-versa.... LE did say at first they think she MAY have made it home and then they said they did not believe that she did make it home..... probably after the first 24-48 hours of investigating the incident.

This leads me to believe she did not make it home.... but it appears as any of us would think if we expected that our child was to take the bus HOME, that she would have gotten there.... however it was made clear via the media that she had walked home, and some of her friends stated they witnessed her doing so

Ok,this might be a long shot and absolutely ridiculous of me to post this, but here goes- would if, she had plans to run away. Asked an older friend to drop by her house and pick up a few things that she had already packed in her bedroom, and gave the key to her friend to go inside her home while her Mom was at work and she was at school. Perhaps the person got scared and might have knocked something over like a kitchen chair (say, the dogs started barking at them or snarling and chasing that person around the house- mine have done that in the past) or something, hence why her Mom panicked and called the cops right away, seeing that Abby wasn't home. LE might have thought something had happened at first to her at the house, but when they found no signs of struggle or blood or anything, realized that she might not have made it home after all, but was picked up elsewhere after school.

Yes? No? Maybe?

I have a 15 year old. She's always texting friends, even if they have just left each other, and then she'll be holding numerous conversations with different people. She walks to school and meets people on the way and I know she texts people she's going to see in just minutes just to chat.

My children, when they were in their early teens could hold an entire conversation with me.......when they didn't want someone or anyone around to hear what they were saying to me, sometimes back and forth for 20 minutes or even an hour! Now when they start to do that, I tell them to stop texting and just call me because I get frustrated texting for so long. My point is.........it was after school, why was AH and JC texting for 20 minutes? Why not a simple phone call? Was she with someone that she couldn't simply talk on her phone BUT it was ok to text? I feel like I'm back at square one all over again. Like trynna retrace anything that hasn't come to mind when she first went missing.

Bus noise. Kids often text on buses because they're so loud and noisy.

Ok,this might be a long shot and absolutely ridiculous of me to post this, but here goes- would if, she had plans to run away. Asked an older friend to drop by her house and pick up a few things that she had already packed in her bedroom, and gave the key to her friend to go inside her home while her Mom was at work and she was at school. Perhaps the person got scared and might have knocked something over like a kitchen chair (say, the dogs started barking at them or snarling and chasing that person around the house- mine have done that in the past) or something, hence why her Mom panicked and called the cops right away, seeing that Abby wasn't home. LE might have thought something had happened at first to her at the house, but when they found no signs of struggle or blood or anything, realized that she might not have made it home after all, but was picked up elsewhere after school.

Yes? No? Maybe?
or she may have made it to her driveway, while not technically having "made it home" so to speak. She may have gone home and gone back out again. I agree, if she was abducted it was someone she knew and someone she trusted. Like her mom said, I believe she got into a vehicle with someone she knew and trusted, someone she had no reason to fear and had no idea they had plans to harm her. I would also assume it's someone who understands the rugged terrain, has a good amount of upper body strength and has some endurance. I had ruled out her bf and his family pretty quickly, son is too young to pull something like this off and not leave any evidence behind and the dad isn't in great shape and certainly wouldn't have the endurance to traverse that rugged terrain carrying her weight through the woods.
I still haven't completely crossed the run away theory away yet, given that there were so many auditions in the near future with things like x factor and the voice and america's got talent shows. But I haven't seen in anywhere that she was a singer or played an instrument, etc.
So she was supposed to ride the bus home, the question is, why didn't she? What was she doing along the way, or who was she visiting along the way? Or who was she intending to meet on her way home, at a public place? Mom also said she disappeared from a very public place. Could she have made plans to meet someone, even someone she knew?

Here in my random, incoherent post..

1. Why would she walk? My guess is something was bothering her and she wanted some to herself, to think and just be alone.
2. Why has SH been so quiet? Being in college, I'm assuming she's an adult legally so I'm surprised we haven't heard more from her. I'd have my face and voice everywhere looking for my sister.
3. ZH says AH has never run away before. But maybe she HAS taken off...to family. If your child leaves to go to the other parent, is it really seen as running away? To some yes, to some no. So maybe the TN thing did happen, but ZH doesn't view it as her running away.
4. $$...AH had a job which I'm sure paid minimum wage. Kids don't recognize the true value of money, so maybe she thought her $1,000 she saved up was enough to live on for a while? I remember my cousin taking off to be with her bf. He had inherited $20K and they thought they had it made. But that was gone very quickly when they spent it on dumb stuff...and drugs.
5. Does someone in the family have some sort of history? Drug or legal trouble? Had a threat been made in the past?

I don't really know what to think...

I keep coming back to her iPhone, if she had runaway would she have disposed of it? No, I am pretty sure no. So, she would have to be very VERY disciplined to not switch it on to check something, at least once in the last 6 weeks, and if she did it would have pinged.

If she still has it, but with a different sim card in does it still ping as the same phone?

Like I stated earlier here,sometimes you need to go back to the very beginning in order to move forward. And keep it simple.

22 years ago on Thanksgiving my oldest daughter was born, and it's on Thanksgiving this year. We're making her "dream holiday" come true because it is her birthday, and having an all day hors douerves and dessert fest, then the big meal on Friday because some of us can't live without our turkey fest. :floorlaugh: She loves hors douerves and would just assume skip the meal, so for one year only, we are catering to her because it is her birthday. :D Needless to say, I won't have much time on the net for the next few days.

What a great mom you are!!!! That is a wonderful birthday/thanksgiving celebration! I love turkey dinner, but basically could nibble away at appetizers and desserts all day long most days. Have fun :loveyou:

Like I stated earlier here,sometimes you need to go back to the very beginning in order to move forward. And keep it simple.

I went back to the beginning today...back to when they said she had a grey sweatshirt on, back to when they said she made it home...

Not sure I am comprehending why anyone might think LE is lying about whether or not she made it home, or about anything else. I know LE can lie to suspects, not so sure about the public, but even if so, what would their strategy to blur the details, when she has been missing for such a length of time? They obviously are not any closer to finding her. JMO

From the very beginning Le must of had something in order to call in all of the troops so quickly. I feel what they had should of been revealed to the general public from the get go. Again, why would the mom mention missing candy?

From the very beginning Le must of had something in order to call in all of the troops so quickly. I feel what they had should of been revealed to the general public from the get go. Again, why would the mom mention missing candy?

Mission for the missing mentioned the candy.... they say mom told them that

Here in my random, incoherent post..

1. Why would she walk? My guess is something was bothering her and she wanted some to herself, to think and just be alone.
2. Why has SH been so quiet? Being in college, I'm assuming she's an adult legally so I'm surprised we haven't heard more from her. I'd have my face and voice everywhere looking for my sister.
3. ZH says AH has never run away before. But maybe she HAS taken off...to family. If your child leaves to go to the other parent, is it really seen as running away? To some yes, to some no. So maybe the TN thing did happen, but ZH doesn't view it as her running away.
4. $$...AH had a job which I'm sure paid minimum wage. Kids don't recognize the true value of money, so maybe she thought her $1,000 she saved up was enough to live on for a while? I remember my cousin taking off to be with her bf. He had inherited $20K and they thought they had it made. But that was gone very quickly when they spent it on dumb stuff...and drugs.
5. Does someone in the family have some sort of history? Drug or legal trouble? Had a threat been made in the past?

I don't really know what to think...

Not incoherent at all! Thanks for breaking down. Number 1 is the why of walking home. Knowing that her mom had told her take the bus, that she walked home is significant. I like what you said about #3, it makes sense! And #5 might explain some of the secrecy and privacy issues. I remember a news article in which those that know AH were told not to even speak about what her hobbies and likes are, and that sounded like a complete shut down to me and I couldn't understand why. There's a valid reason why they haven't humanized this child more and legal issues may be some of that, or some past threat.

Mission for the missing mentioned the candy.... they say mom told them that

Take is right

<snipped>
In addition to searching for Abby, the teams were trying to find anything she was known to have with her when she disappeared.
"We are looking for clues," said Tate.
She had a shoulder bag, a second bag inside the shoulder bag, an iPhone, a silver colored necklace with a heart shaped pendant and a blue stone. They also know a number of general details about Abby.
"We know what kind of candy she ate," said Tate, adding that before she disappeared, Hernandez had taken some candy that her mother had purchased for Halloween.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109744-dog-team-searches-for-abby-but-nothing-useful-found

I think we all agree something was amiss at home. Everyone's said it at one time during this whole thing. It makes sense that when mom came home she found something terribly wrong and for SS, FBI, CARD as well as local LE and NHSP to all be in at the same time, they were obviously trying to beat that 48 hour window. The candy wasn't mentioned by mom, it was mentioned in passing by the private group that came in a week later. They merely said that they had been given a list of things to look for and that that list was so intricate that it even included for a possibility of such minute detail that they were even looking at the possibility of candy wrappers since mom had noticed some halloween candy that had been bought was missing (although the candy wasn't taken that day, it was taken at some point between when mom bought it and AH disappeared). They then noted what they would do if they found anything at all (call LE, mark it and gps it). The candy wrapper was an offhand item listed among the many items they would be looking for, I don't believe it was anything significant. I think they were just talking about how exhaustive the searches are and how they look for something as small as a candy wrapper, even if it may not be pertinent to the case.

Ok. So they do know that the candy was not taken that day. I didn't know that. Sometimes it is something as insignificant as candy.

What if the candy was taken that day? I still find it odd, even after your explanation Mom, that the mother would mention the candy missing. She hadn't noticed the candy missing before that day? Sorry to keep going back to the candy folks.

Mission for the missing I guess asked the mom when they were compiling their ''what to look for'' list ... I'm not sure if she knows abby opened the bag that morning or what, but halloween was weeks away so I'm sure she would have noticed if mom herself hadn't opened the bag

What if the candy was taken that day? I still find it odd, even after your explanation Mom, that the mother would mention the candy missing. She hadn't noticed the candy missing before that day? Sorry to keep going back to the candy folks.

It's not that candy was missing it is things that the search teams were to be on the look out for, things abby may have had in her bag, candy she liked, and candy she may have had in her bag that she had taken prior to going missing, which was bought for halloween. She may or may have not eaten it all, might have had empty wrappers in her bag. That is how I see it anyway. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen