GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby could not have been sure of a mail delay if it was postmarked10/23 and we do not really know there was a delay via the post office...just a possible delay in picking up the letter, from what I gathered. I have received mail without a zip code, for example, in 3-4 days, never fourteen or whatever. I think the mail went through as usual, it just was not claimed. IMO

That's a rumor. So far, LE hasn't said where the letter was sent, just that it was "received" on 11/06/2013 and given to LE on that very same day.

actually, It is not a rumor

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said the delay may have been caused by the letter going to a post office box and not the Hernandez house.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/FBI-AG-to-discuss-search-for-missing-NH-teen-5040390.php

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/1023201-469/missing-north-conway-teen-gone-more-than.html

http://www.kjonline.com/news/NH_attorney_general__FBI_to_discuss_search_for_missing_teen.html

This. I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster, and I just can't help but think whoever she is with wasn't behind the sending of the letter. I know we don't know the length or content of the letter, but assuming she is with someone, I'd imagine that person had to know she was writing a letter (and possibly even made her write it). She'd need the time to write it, paper, something to write with, an envelope, and the postage -- things that if she was being held against her will, I can only see her having if someone gave to her/helped her get. I hope she's okay and that she wasn't forced to send out a letter to make it look like she's okay, but a big part of me sadly thinks that the letter was part of some big plan of whoever is behind all of this to throw LE off.

Just my :twocents:. Everything is IMO, MOO.

Welcome Windy!
Do you mean the perp thought her writing a letter might quiet down the search? He may have been surprised at how much media and coverage came about and thought a letter saying , essentially, ' i'm safe, i'm ok, i'll be ok, don't come after me, i dont' want to come home'......might make everyone stop searching and the heat is off of him. Interesting. moo

Well,
That's from one Associated Press news article released to numerous news agencies. I am working to confirm with the AG's office if that statement is true.

Where can I find a close up of the necklace they have pictured? Is it a heart locket? I cannot see it well enough in the video.

I think she ran away!
I think her letter to Mom says why!
I think she will return if she chooses.

I think she is in a safe place and she had this all planned for months.
Yes someone is probably helping her but the someone may not know she is a missing person if Abby is out of the state!

All JMO

Id much rather have her as a runaway than abducted by a SO and possibly deceased.
If a stranger took her they would have found her !

Where can I find a close up of the necklace they have pictured? Is it a heart locket? I cannot see it well enough in the video.

If that's a necklace that mom or dad gave her then her taking it off screams
to me that she is angry at them> Like Im done with you ppl! Just a thought!

photo.jpg

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/new-details-expected-in-search-for-missing-nh-teenager/

We continue to ask the public for information. It seems recently we have gotten some more information and tips that should have come in days within the investigation start. Certainly it is our hope that Abby will be coming home soon. We're asking Abby to reach out to her mother, her sister, or any law enforcement agency, in the manner she reached out previously. We're releasing some photos of a necklace and a pocketbook that may be in Abby's possession. Reach out to us if you know anyone who has recently move anywhere with these things (paraphrased)

Letter written on 10/22, postmarked on 10/23, received 11/06. Written by Abby to her mother. We have had it in custody since 11/06. LE had to take every possible step to verify it's authenticity. We believe it was written by Abby and sent to her mother. One of the most tangible leads, wanted to take every step needed to find Abby. We have not been successful, but we are not giving up. Why would you spend all these resources on a runaway? If this were your child, as it is Zenya's, what would you want? We have been able to confirm she has no source of income. Other than that letter, there has been no source of contact. She is not out there alone. We are going to continue the search for Abby, as Zenya has asked us to do. If she hears this, if she's able to see this, please contact. If someone has Abby, we implore you to make that contact. If it's a citizen that has her, it is not a good thing, please reunite with her family. We will continue this investigation as long as we need to. We are not going to release the letter. We have thought long and hard, we are concerned that letter may generate letters from someone other than Abby that might lead us where we do not want to go.

Kieran Ramsey, FBI: Volunteers, LE, community have done everything possible to help us bring this 15 year old girl home. Is this a runaway, missing persons case? Our initial indications when Abby went missing were certainly consistent with an abduction. Either willingly, coerced..she is a 15 year old girl with no independent financial means. One in eight runaways can be forced into sexual situations after the abduction occurs. As the investigation proceeded, it showed us her public life, her private life, who Abby is, who her family is. When we received this letter, it was unprecedented. We have not seen this in previous investigation and it gave us hope. Is Abby safe? It continues to be our biggest concern. Although she may have left willingly, someone may have coerced her. We are mindful of incidents around the country where we have had miraculous reunions with their families. We continue to hope that with all the effort of LE, the community, the media who continue to put the story out there..thank you.

Questions
Where is it postmarked from? Not disclosing to not jeopardize.
Reaching out for help? Demands? Describing the tone that is one that Abby would have used.
How long was the letter? Pleading for help or saying I'm okay, don't worry about me? She's 15, we're worried about her. It's our job as LE. Her mother is worried. Not releasing any contents of the letter as it is a critical piece of evidence. Do not contact Zenya and ask these questions, direct them to LE. She has received a lot of calls, and while we appreciate it, it could be an impediment in the investigation.
Has the letter changed the direction of the investigation? The letter was a piece of evidence. We sent it out for expert analysis. It gave us the focus we were looking for and have been asking for. As much as you can keep this story out there, we will take information and follow through.
Dedicating resources to the geographic locations to where it was written..doesn't that hinder investigation so people might be aware she was there? That's why we released the letter. We're hoping it will receive national attention. Look everywhere..is there someone you haven't seen there before? Elizabeth Smart was seen in a library, we need your help and the public's help..we have thought about what we released. (missed part of it--buffering) When we get those calls, these gentlemen follow up.
One in eight young women may be victims of sexual exploitation, is this a problem in New England or is there any indications of that? I wouldn't say it's in NE, but all over the country..one child is too many. One in eight is a disturbing fact. Abby is certainly at risk, no financial means. Doesn't plague us necessarily, but it is a problem all over the country.
Has Abby run away before? This is not a characteristic she has shown before.
Since the wrote a letter, does this mean she might be alright? It does not give us a lot of comfort. It didn't come to LE for a number of days. I'd like to say it does, but it doesn't.
Why was it postdated and received so much later? Why 13 days? I'm not going to answer that.
Different date for written, postmarked, and received?
Do you believe she's still in NH? This investigation is wide open.
Are these items definitely what she had when she went missing? The necklace was something she wore regularly and the purse was something she might have had when she went missing.
Necklace any sentimental value? Certainly, not sure if it's her birthstone..verified she had that type of necklace.
Runaway? Abduction? Still classifying as missing persons, we have grave concerns for her safety. She was not last seen in winter clothes, she needs food, shelter, clothing.
Thank you for keeping this story alive, this is what her mother and sister need.

I did the best I could transcribing! :) Hope Abby is found soon...

Bumping for reference

We continue to ask the public for information. It seems recently we have gotten some more information and tips that should have come in days within the investigation start. Certainly it is our hope that Abby will be coming home soon. We're asking Abby to reach out to her mother, her sister, or any law enforcement agency, in the manner she reached out previously. We're releasing some photos of a necklace and a pocketbook that may be in Abby's possession. Reach out to us if you know anyone who has recently move anywhere with these things (paraphrased)

Letter written on 10/22, postmarked on 10/23, received 11/06. Written by Abby to her mother. We have had it in custody since 11/06. LE had to take every possible step to verify it's authenticity. We believe it was written by Abby and sent to her mother. One of the most tangible leads, wanted to take every step needed to find Abby. We have not been successful, but we are not giving up. Why would you spend all these resources on a runaway? If this were your child, as it is Zenya's, what would you want? We have been able to confirm she has no source of income. Other than that letter, there has been no source of contact. She is not out there alone. We are going to continue the search for Abby, as Zenya has asked us to do. If she hears this, if she's able to see this, please contact. If someone has Abby, we implore you to make that contact. If it's a citizen that has her, it is not a good thing, please reunite with her family. We will continue this investigation as long as we need to. We are not going to release the letter. We have thought long and hard, we are concerned that letter may generate letters from someone other than Abby that might lead us where we do not want to go.

Kieran Ramsey, FBI: Volunteers, LE, community have done everything possible to help us bring this 15 year old girl home. Is this a runaway, missing persons case? Our initial indications when Abby went missing were certainly consistent with an abduction. Either willingly, coerced..she is a 15 year old girl with no independent financial means. One in eight runaways can be forced into sexual situations after the abduction occurs. As the investigation proceeded, it showed us her public life, her private life, who Abby is, who her family is. When we received this letter, it was unprecedented. We have not seen this in previous investigation and it gave us hope. Is Abby safe? It continues to be our biggest concern. Although she may have left willingly, someone may have coerced her. We are mindful of incidents around the country where we have had miraculous reunions with their families. We continue to hope that with all the effort of LE, the community, the media who continue to put the story out there..thank you.

Questions
Where is it postmarked from? Not disclosing to not jeopardize.
Reaching out for help? Demands? Describing the tone that is one that Abby would have used.
How long was the letter? Pleading for help or saying I'm okay, don't worry about me? She's 15, we're worried about her. It's our job as LE. Her mother is worried. Not releasing any contents of the letter as it is a critical piece of evidence. Do not contact Zenya and ask these questions, direct them to LE. She has received a lot of calls, and while we appreciate it, it could be an impediment in the investigation.
Has the letter changed the direction of the investigation? The letter was a piece of evidence. We sent it out for expert analysis. It gave us the focus we were looking for and have been asking for. As much as you can keep this story out there, we will take information and follow through.
Dedicating resources to the geographic locations to where it was written..doesn't that hinder investigation so people might be aware she was there? That's why we released the letter. We're hoping it will receive national attention. Look everywhere..is there someone you haven't seen there before? Elizabeth Smart was seen in a library, we need your help and the public's help..we have thought about what we released. (missed part of it--buffering) When we get those calls, these gentlemen follow up.
One in eight young women may be victims of sexual exploitation, is this a problem in New England or is there any indications of that? I wouldn't say it's in NE, but all over the country..one child is too many. One in eight is a disturbing fact. Abby is certainly at risk, no financial means. Doesn't plague us necessarily, but it is a problem all over the country.
Has Abby run away before? This is not a characteristic she has shown before.
Since the wrote a letter, does this mean she might be alright? It does not give us a lot of comfort. It didn't come to LE for a number of days. I'd like to say it does, but it doesn't.
Why was it postdated and received so much later? Why 13 days? I'm not going to answer that.
Different date for written, postmarked, and received?
Do you believe she's still in NH? This investigation is wide open.
Are these items definitely what she had when she went missing? The necklace was something she wore regularly and the purse was something she might have had when she went missing.
Necklace any sentimental value? Certainly, not sure if it's her birthstone..verified she had that type of necklace.
Runaway? Abduction? Still classifying as missing persons, we have grave concerns for her safety. She was not last seen in winter clothes, she needs food, shelter, clothing.
Thank you for keeping this story alive, this is what her mother and sister need.

I did the best I could transcribing! :) Hope Abby is found soon...
"We are asking Abby to reach out to her mother, her sister or any law enforcement agency......"
Wonder why her father wasn't mentioned....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Well,
That's from one Associated Press news article released to numerous news agencies. I am working to confirm with the AG's office if that statement is true.

Officials didn't say why the letter took so long to reach her mother, and they wouldn't give any details of what was in the letter

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/fb...23352396/-/11thevx/-/index.html#ixzz2mjFZRz21

BBM

Well,

I look forward to that but will not hold my breath. I have a feeling that they have bigger fish to fry just now than confirming to the general public.

This is not some "source close to the investigation" "anonymous source from the AG's office"

The information about the PO Box is directly attributed to her. It sounds as if it was an answer in response to a question many of us had about what caused the delay in posting and receipt by mom.

For me - it's good enough. Other's mileage will vary.

This really makes me wonder now if the sighting at the motel was really her now? May be traveling from motel to motel..... Also I dont know what made me think of this a light bulb just went off in my head. Could she be possibly traveling with someone that is employed with the fair that was done on the 6th it does take roughly 3 days to break down and put everything away before traveling away?

Most of the fair people are locals.... not sure about the amusement games/rides, those are probably a traveling outfit.

A letter sent from another country (Canada) could have had insufficient postage and that would delay it a lot. But what about a PO Box that's rarely checked--and wouldn't have been checked around such a time? I don't know, Abby sent the letter THERE for a reason. It wasn't to dad--unless LE is lying--it was to MOM.
So, why use the rarely checked PO box?

I don't think that was the 13-day delay.

Item 2: The AG said she has 'no income' or means of support or something like that, but duh? What kid has income when they've run away?

Item 3: "the tone of the letter was consistent with Abby's tone." What does that mean--unless it's got a similar message to something she said at home a lot--threatening to leave? Or on message about a gripe she has? Her "dreams"?

I think she's with more than one other person.
And was there news about the phone--was it found?

"We are asking Abby to reach out to her mother, her sister or any law enforcement agency......"
Wonder why her father wasn't mentioned....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I feel there is an undisclosed undercurrent to which we are not privy. I have absolutely ZERO idea as to what that might be.

hmm....post approx 2 hrs ago on the MHFAH page.. ?
wonder if that holds any water or if its just some random soliciting post..

hmm....post approx 2 hrs ago on the MHFAH page.. ?
wonder if that holds any water or if its just some random soliciting post..

If it's the same thing I saw it, and the profile before it was removed, unrelated and spam IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90