GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all of the cases here, current and past, that I have seen where a young girl is thought to be with an older make, the male's name has been announced by LE, as well as any other info that might lead to her recovery. If NH has decided to buck the trend here...I hope it works for them i.e if they know who but won't say. Many of the other cases brought quick, positive results by naming the POI.

I wish they had a name, although they still might and are hiding it. I think LE are doing everything they can to bring Abby home, they just haven't been successful yet. There's still hope though.

IMHO this is what you, what we all can do.

You can keep passing pictures on flyers around the area where she was last seen, and then in ever widening circles. Myrtle Beach as a starting point, and then out to gas stations frequented by truckers. You can try to get the family of the missing person to go on TV, especially nationally sydicated shows like "America's Most Wanted" with pictures of the missing person. The more people that see the pictures the more likely someone will remember her, and that will help the police find her.

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but can you please tell me where Myrtle beach comes from in this case??? I have been following (as much as possible) from the beginning, and have not heard one thing about Myrtle Beach. Myrtle beach is over 1000 miles away...
TIA

If you think someone is using a disguise, and they're a minor, ask them if they're okay, and trust your instincts. Remember that young girls can be dressed as boys.

If it doesn't seem right, take down everything: time of day; location; direction they came and went; if they have a vehicle, and all the particulars about that vehicle; clothing; and what if anything they were doing that you observed. Report that information to the police and the FBI. Elizabeth Smart could have been rescued much earlier if people simply followed that advice.

Thank you for all of these suggestions.

I wish they would publish video of Abby so we could hear her voice and see her mannerisms.

you are correct majik, it is rare/unusual for a MP to write a letter, at least in cases that we hear about.

I am reminded though of how many MP's we never hear of, who are never investigated by LE or that never even make their local news, so it is not something we can really judge the rarity of but yes, it is unusual.

I believe LE called it unprecedented. Or did I get what they were referring to as unprecedented wrong? Please correct me--

“When we received this letter, I will tell you it was unprecedented. We have not seen anything like that in recent times in other investigations. But most importantly, it gave us hope,” said Kieran Ramsey, the FBI special agent in charge who is leading the investigation.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/new-details-expected-in-search-for-missing-nh-teenager/

It has happened in other cases. Just a few weeks ago I was watching a film about a case of a young girl abducted where the perp held her for a time, and made her write a letter to her parents. I'll have to look up her name. Her older sister was in beauty pageants, and is now a minister.

ETA: Shari Smith, murdered by Larry Gene Bell

“When we received this letter, I will tell you it was unprecedented. We have not seen anything like that in recent times in other investigations. But most importantly, it gave us hope,” said Kieran Ramsey, the FBI special agent in charge who is leading the investigation.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/06/new-details-expected-in-search-for-missing-nh-teenager/

It has happened in other cases. Just a few weeks ago I was watching a film about a case of a young girl abducted where the perp held her for a time, and made her write a letter to her parents. I'll have to look up her name. Her older sister was in beauty pageants, and is now a minister.

yes that's right!!!!! I remember that incident with Shari he called her parents and stuff it was very bizarre

It looks like the Shari Smith case dates back to 1985 -- more than 28 years ago, so I think it's fair to say that the letter is an unusual/uncommon occurrence.

IMO, of course.

Alrighty so we are all in agreement the letter is unusual.

Where are you Abigail?

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but can you please tell me where Myrtle beach comes from in this case??? I have been following (as much as possible) from the beginning, and have not heard one thing about Myrtle Beach. Myrtle beach is over 1000 miles away...
TIA

Was she last seen in Myrtle Beach or was that a typo?

MB is one of the runaway hotspots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can keep passing pictures on flyers around the area where she was last seen, and then in ever widening circles. Myrtle Beach as a starting point, and then out to gas stations frequented by truckers...

<respectfully snipped>

Was she last seen in Myrtle Beach or was that a typo?

MB is one of the runaway hotspots.

BBM
It does sort of seem like MFFJM2 implies Abby was last seen in Myrtle Beach. Is there anything to that city? I'd sure like to know why he mentioned it but he hasn't responded to any queries.

Perhaps he was responding directly to the person who posed the question who might be from that location?

I got the impression Myrtle Beach was mentioned as one of the "beach" places closest to the northeast, not for any specific reason. A place teens like to go. JMO

BBM
It does sort of seem like MFFJM2 implies Abby was last seen in Myrtle Beach. Is there anything to that city? I'd sure like to know why he mentioned it but he hasn't responded to any queries.

I suppose I should have been a little clearer. I was not positing that AH had been seen in MB. I had originally included another missing person as an example, who went missing from Myrtle Beach, and then decided not to muddy the water by introducing that person. In editing the post I neglected to change the location from Myrtle Beach to "the last known location that has been determined", as the place where the posters and handouts should begin. I apologize for any confusion.

I suppose I should have been a little clearer. I was not positing that AH had been seen in MB. I had originally included another missing person as an example, who went missing from Myrtle Beach, and then decided not to muddy the water by introducing that person. In editing the post I neglected to change the location from Myrtle Beach to "the last known location that has been determined", as the place where the posters and handouts should begin. I apologize for any confusion.

Thanks for clarifying. I think a lot of us went, "Myrtle Beach?!?! Huh?"

We have a vacation home 10 mins from myrtle beach and I can tell you that it is a hot spot for missing person posters!! Every time we go which is frequently I always find myself looking for these kids everywhere I turn!!!! I know it is on the list of best senior week destinations so maybe that's why kids wanna run away there!!! It's a party 24/7!! In winter it chills down but still so much to do and you wouldn't really need a car and I'm sure it's not that hard to find a job there either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic